ADVERTISEMENT

Nor Cal Tip Off Classic Schedule (updated)- Sat. Nov. 24 at Newark Memorial

hoop review

Sports Fanatic
Jun 14, 2006
12th annual Nor Cal Tip Off Classic Schedule

Saturday November 24, 2018 at Newark Memorial High School

Game 1: 9:30 AM Sacred Heart (San Francisco) vs Stuart Hall (San Francisco)
Game 2: 11:00 AM James Logan (Union City) vs Campolindo (Moraga)
Game 3: 12:30 PM Dublin vs. Riordan (San Francisco)
Game 4: 2:15 PM Newark Memorial (Newark) vs St. Patrick-St. Vincent (Vallejo)
Game 5: 3:45 PM Moreau Catholic (Hayward) vs. Capital Christian (Sacramento)
Game 6: 5:30 PM Bishop O’Dowd (Oakland) vs. Grant (Sacramento)
Game 7: 7:00 PM Sheldon (Sacramento) vs. St. Bernard (Playa Del Rey)
Game 8: 8:30 PM Modesto Christian vs. Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita)

media and scouting outlets planning to cover the event include: hoop review, californiapreps.com, sportsstarsonline, prephoops.com, norcalpreps.com, calhisports.com, burlisononbasketball.com, rivals, in the lab, maxpreps.......

Reactions: NorCal SportsTV
media and scouting outlets planning to cover the event include: hoop review, californiapreps.com, sportsstarsonline, prephoops.com, norcalpreps.com, calhisports.com, burlisononbasketball.com, rivals, in the lab, maxpreps.......
Any plans of the games being streamed?

Yeah, my car is streaming directly to Newark-Memorial High School, so I can watch the games live. :)
Gonna try to make it out there, but it’s the Holiday weekend, maybe I’ll make up the excuse I’m going Christmas shopping! Lol!

1. S HALL
2. LOGAN
3. RIORDAN
4.SPSV
5. TOSS UP. Moreau can have 5 or 6 players still in football.
6. BOD
7. SHELDON
8. MC

The riordan Dublin game may very well be the most entertaining of the day that game
Could be played in the 80`s with both teams scoring in bunches.

committed players participating in the 2018 Nor Cal Tip Off Classic:

Jake Kyman-UCLA (Santa Margarita),
Max Agbonkpolo-USC(Santa Margarita),
Shengze Li-BYU (Santa Margarita),
Romelle Mansel-Long Beach State (St. Bernard),
Josh Morgan-Long Beach State (Sheldon),
Aaron Murphy-UC Davis (Modesto Christian),
Kaito Williams- Cal State East Bay (Sheldon)
Will Chavarin- Cal Poly Pomona (Bishop O'Dowd)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCal SportsTV
Are all transfers able to play in this event? Mainly Monroe for Riordan, Morgan (Sheldon) ? Didn't realize Santa Margarita has 2 pac12 commits

Does anyone know what two players from Santa Margarita transferred to Mater Dei

Are all transfers able to play in this event? Mainly Monroe for Riordan, Morgan (Sheldon) ? Didn't realize Santa Margarita has 2 pac12 commits
I understand, at least in Monroe’s case, that he will become eligible Jan 1st. Not sure if the twins are immediately eligible or not.

Universities set to to attend the Nor Cal Tip Off Classic include:
Stanford, UC Davis, UCLA, USC, San Diego State, UC Irvine, Long Beach State, Colorado State, USF, Pepperdine, Santa Clara, Arizona, St. Mary's, Grand Canyon.

Last edited:
I understand, at least in Monroe’s case, that he will become eligible Jan 1st. Not sure if the twins are immediately eligible or not.

My "guess" is that the twins should be eligible since they transferred into Riordan in the second semester last year.

Hey folks, how do you get tickets for this?
Can you buy online or buy at the door?

Should be an easy one to walk up and buy at the door. Newark's gym seats some 2500.

I only miss this event if I'm out of town (has happened only twice and is not happening this year). I'll be there all day. :)

Hopefully, the much-anticipated rains will come and wash the smoke away, and this thing happens. I'll believe the rain reports when I see wet stuff on the ground...

Last edited:
IMG_5987.jpg

http://simplybasketballhq.com/12th-annual-norcal-tip-off-classic-preview-ft-top-norcal-socal-teams/

Lets hope the rain saves the day!!

Reactions: 121wayz
I suggest people arrive early for the 9:30AM if you can possibly make it.

Don't know much about SH, other than Bryce Monroe transferred. But Stuart Hall has some nice prospects, including Sophomore Nigel Burris who is now 6'6, and put up an easy double-double against Aragon earlier this week.

Really excited to see this game, and I may grab some breakfast inbetween and comeback to see the battle between Je'lani and Robby

Reactions: jordan24
I'll be down there early... Goin' to Black Bear Diner nearby, then probably there even before the doors open.

I'll be like those old Mervyn's commercials... Open, open open!!

I'll be down there early... Goin' to Black Bear Diner nearby, then probably there even before the doors open.

Good call on Black Bear Diner!

Will be going to Black Bear Diner for lunch after the Campo-James Logan game

Will be going to Black Bear Diner for lunch after the Campo-James Logan game

Check out
Country Way

5325 Mowry Ave, Fremont, CA 94536
(510) 797-3188

https://g.co/kgs/9i8iwn

Bill's Cafe

39222 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 894-2224

https://g.co/kgs/4j4xEg

First game tip in 9 minutes...

Stuart Hall returns practically everyone from last year’s excellent team.

SHP is a mystery to me... I know they have transfers and high hopes, but that’s about it.

Annnnnnd.... That’s your in-depth pregame “report”. Bring it on, hoopsters!

Hall looks a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Burris and Amos each have 2 fouls. 17-12 with 6:22 left in the half.

Hall is starting to get going... They take lead at 21-19 with a minute left in the half.

Hall looks a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Burris and Amos each have 2 fouls. 17-12 with 6:22 left in the half.

On paper, the preseason analysis says Stuart Hall based on last season has the better team over SHC. ... not so fast. Scrappy SHC team is going to play hard and be surprising this year.

Reactions: Scott2138
That sat him for all of 2 minutes... SHC makes a run, and Burris is back in. 34-29 SHC with 3:18 left in 3rd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT