ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Brackets

Blair did not play… Not sure why…. 3-0 vs DLS this year is impressive!…. Granada has some great pitching!….

Granada vs ST Mary’s will be a Nice matchup, hard to go against Granada at this point…. 🤣
Indeed, Granada has some great pitching! St. Mary's will be countering with sophomore sensation, Nico Bavaro, who is 8-0 this season with a 0.29 ERA, 15th best in the state, per MaxPreps. He pitched 1 shutout inning (closed) vs DLS in the Rams 3-2 win, and he pitched 6 shutout innings vs Casa Grande in the Rams 10-0 victory. He went head to head with VC's Marsh, giving up just 1 run in the top of the 6th before Rams won in extra innings 4-3. Should be a good game! Granada should have the edge playing at home.

Correction: Tanner Grove on the mound for St. Marys.

Last edited:
McGee played and got 2 of DLS’ 5 hits. Blair did not show up in the box score.
Had Beers with some Buddies last night and found out that DLS was decimated by the Flu is why so many key players were out!… This is crazy because the same thing happened to CP back in March!….

I think Granada wins anyway, they have proven themselves to be the best team….

Reactions: observer22
Indeed, Granada has some great pitching! St. Mary's will be countering with sophomore sensation, Nico Bavaro, who is 8-0 this season with a 0.29 ERA, 15th best in the state, per MaxPreps. He pitched 1 shutout inning (closed) vs DLS in the Rams 3-2 win, and he pitched 6 shutout innings vs Casa Grande in the Rams 10-0 victory. He went head to head with VC's Marsh, giving up just 1 run in the top of the 6th before Rams won in extra innings 4-3. Should be a good game! Granada should have the edge playing at home.

Correction: Tanner Grove on the mound for St. Marys.
ST Mary’s Shooting themselves in the foot with 5 Errors already!!!…. Granada Capitalizing putting up 5 runs and leading 5-0 in the 3rd!!!….

Going to be a tough road back for The Rams against that outstanding Granada pitching!!…..

Congrats Newman 10-3 win over Redwood. State D-II team of the year.
Congrats to CN!!!…. Happy for the Kids and The Program!…. College Park has played them all 4 of my sons years there in Spring, Summer and Fall, Class program!!….

Road games there have always been my favorite because we would Hit Russian River Brewing every time!…. Will definitely miss that!!…. 🤣🍻

Rams are back in it down 4-5. Matadors had bases loaded bottom of the 5th, but Bavaro brought in and was able to secure the last out to escape with no damage. However, we are in the bottom of the 6th and the Rams commit another error at first base and the runner moves to second. Ground out (out #2) moves the runner to 3rd and a base hit scores the run before the 3rd out. Rams are down 4-6 going into the top of the 7th. Can the Rams make another comeback? Stay tuned.

Reactions: THEOC89
Congrats to CN!!!…. Happy for the Kids and The Program!…. College Park has played them all 4 of my sons years there in Spring, Summer and Fall, Class program!!….

Road games there have always been my favorite because we would Hit Russian River Brewing every time!…. Will definitely miss that!!…. 🤣🍻
Just came from RRB and there were alot of Redwood players and parents in there. I was more concerned with my Velvet Glow at the time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Rams with 2 groundouts down to their last out get a single bringing Rams best hitter and best overall player, Michael Quedens, to the plate. Down 0-2, hits a fly ball to left field that is caught and the game is over. Granada wins 6-4 vs St. Mary’s.

Congrats to the St. Mary’s Rams on a very fine season! Kudos to the Granada Matadors on winning NorCal D1, well deserved!

Rams with 2 groundouts down to their last out get a single bringing Rams best hitter and best overall player, Michael Quedens, to the plate. Down 0-2, hits a fly ball to left field that is caught and the game is over. Granada wins 6-4 vs St. Mary’s.
I underestimated Granada this year. Congratulations, earned it on the field.

Congrats to the St. Mary’s Rams on a very fine season! Kudos to the Granada Matadors on winning NorCal D1, well deserved!
If the Rams don’t make all those Errors early on who knows how that game goes!….

ST Mary’s is another Program we have played a lot at College Park which is why I root for the Rams!…. Class program all around!…..

Best teams I thought we played this year at CP in no Specific order…..

ST Mary’s, CN, Granada, DLS, Redwood, San Marin, Acalanes….. Great Season to all, So lucky my kid got to be a part of all this!…. As the great line in Moneyball says “How Can You Not Be Romantic About Baseball”…. 🤣🍻👏

Thanks @THEOC89 ! Its been awesome following all your baseball post and overall positivity. College Park has a great program too. Those seniors from Newman had a heck of a run. 3x Section Champs and schools first ever Norcal Baseball Title. It would have been awesome to see them play a very good Liberty (bakersfield team) for a state title but 30+ games at the HS level is plenty. Give these kids a little break.

In hindsight Newman was really a D1 team that would have competed IMO. I would rank them somewhere in the top 5 in Norcal with Granada the clear #1. Great season for baseball.

Have a good summer. Football can't come fast enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT