ADVERTISEMENT

Norcal vs. Socal Strength of Schedules

cashisking18

Sports Fanatic
Jul 26, 2018
The 2018 Strength of Schedules as of right now are below.Keep in mind, these will change week to week. I think, if anything, this shows who stepped up and played someone for the first 2 weeks of available "non league match ups." I hope this clears up any confusion that others may try and put out.

1. SJB: 20.7
2. Mater Dei: 51.7
3. Centennial: 63.8
4. DLS: 49.2
5. Folsom 58
6. Oaks Christian: 31.8
7. OLU: 46.3
8. Mission Viejo: 35.7
9. Upland: 16.2
10. Cajon: 25.5
11. JSerra: 46.8
12. Serra (Gardena): 46.8
13. LBP: 21.3
14. Chaminade: 45.7
15. Narbonne: 72.9
16. Serra (NorCal): 53.1
17. Clayton Valley: 14.1
18. Pitt: 39.9
19. Calabasas: 55.8
20. Santa Margarita: 40.8

SoCal Teams in Top 20: 15
NorCal Teams in Top 20: 5

Average SoS for Socal top 20 teams: 41.5
Average SoS for Norcal top 20 teams: 42.9

There are more SoCal teams in the top 20, but interestingly, NorCal top 20 teams have a higher average SoS than SoCal teams.

This year is starting off on the right foot with some great teams on display already. The first two weeks were jam packed with excitement and should set up some great match ups for the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Damn Cash, you just don't give up. Folsom is the second best in Nor-Cal, we all get it. We all pat you on the back for scheduling DLS. Now you can look forward to either playing Upland #9 or Torrey Pines #27 for another state championship trophy. Chances are Torrey Pines or some other SDS scrub. They have to throw the SDS a bone to make them feel important. Either way Nor-Cal fans will support the Bulldogs.

Damn Cash, you just don't give up. Folsom is the second best in Nor-Cal, we all get it. We all pat you on the back for scheduling DLS. Now you can look forward to either playing Upland #9 or Torrey Pines #27 for another state championship trophy. Chances are Torrey Pines or some other SDS scrub. They have to throw the SDS a bone to make them feel important. Either way Nor-Cal fans will support the Bulldogs.
Hey that was mean! My post was based on NorCal versus SoCal, via SoSs.

I am not sure we can look forward that far into the future. That would be disrespectful to the many opponents still in the way of all teams.

If SoCal fans want some credibility, they should fix their playoff system and send better teams to the other bowls, besides the open, so their top tier 2-10 have a shot at someone in NorCal, rather than watching Folsom blow the brakes off someone.

Reactions: SPortela24
If SoCal fans want some credibility, they should fix their playoff system and send better teams to the other bowls, besides the open, so their top tier 2-10 have a shot at someone in NorCal, rather than watching Folsom blow the brakes off someone.

Yes. SoCal does it all wrong by putting their best teams in one playoff bracket to determine who the best team in SoCal is. What are they thinking...

Yes. SoCal does it all wrong by putting their best teams in one playoff bracket to determine who the best team in SoCal is. What are they thinking...
No this is right. But sending the others home and promoting others is wrong.

Your absolutely right. They need to have the “Folsom rule” state wide.
I like the Oceanside rule better.

You don't want to send your 3rd or 4th steam to get steamrolled, so we will offer up a SD school to be a sacrificial lamb.

I like the Oceanside rule better.

You don't want to send your 3rd or 4th steam to get steamrolled, so we will offer up a SD school to be a sacrificial lamb.

You're right about that. The second best team in norcal has a great track record against national level teams.

A point to make: the easy way to do this is to send the loser of the royal rumble to the 1AA game. I think youd see even more parody in the bowl games, rather than what we traditionally get when Folsom is in the game. The game was pretty good when St Mary's was in it a few years ago but they totally choked at the end. This year should be another steam roll.

I hope Chaminade keeps it at least close. If it's not, the 1AA bowl could he a huge blowout again.

When SoCal sent nationally ranked Serra of Gardena in 2010, they were blown out as well by Folsom. Fun game nonetheless.

Let's see some good games!

The second best team in norcal (Folsom) has a great track record against national level teams? Please tell be the national level teams that Folsom has played besides DLS.

Another note- will Chaminade present a challenge to the Bulldogs this year? The game will be in SoCal.

I kind of see the game how it was against Central Catholic in 2014 where Folsom went in there and wrecked shop. Especially with 3 games under their belt.

Can't wait. Go NorCal!

The second best team in norcal (Folsom) has a great track record against national level teams? Please tell be the national level teams that Folsom has played besides DLS.
I want to say in 2010 Grant was nationally rank although they had a lot of injuries when they played the second time. And I think that Serra of Gardena team was nationally ranked. The Serra win was a huge surprise IMO.

I want to say in 2010 Grant was nationally rank although they had a lot of injuries when they played the second time. And I think that Serra of Gardena team was nationally ranked. The Serra win was a huge surprise IMO.
Grant was top 10 nationally and they were blown out in the SJS title game. They had a few injuries but those players still played.

Serra of Gardena was somewhere in the top 25 depending on the poll. They were blown off the field in a game where the crowd was laughing at Folsom when they came out for warmups. Nobody gave them a shot.

And if course- we had a decent showing against a top 25 nationally ranked team this year. In their back yard. But we already know about that one.

The strength of schedules this year are very telling. Ensures the narrative a few would like to push is blown up. It's a win!

Another note- will Chaminade present a challenge to the Bulldogs this year? The game will be in SoCal.

I kind of see the game how it was against Central Catholic in 2014 where Folsom went in there and wrecked shop. Especially with 3 games under their belt.

Can't wait. Go NorCal!
I Folsom doesn’t beat them by 20+ I would be shocked and disappointed. Chaminade is not very good this year.

Reactions: sarpar
Grant was top 10 nationally and they were blown out in the SJS title game. They had a few injuries but those players still played.

Serra of Gardena was somewhere in the top 25 depending on the poll. They were blown off the field in a game where the crowd was laughing at Folsom when they came out for warmups. Nobody gave them a shot.

And if course- we had a decent showing against a top 25 nationally ranked team this year. In their back yard. But we already know about that one.

The strength of schedules this year are very telling. Ensures the narrative a few would like to push is blown up. It's a win!

Grant was not healthy plz stop man. Folsom won so kudos to folsoms best team ever but there’s if you think that was a hetahly grant team you are mistaken Shaq injury even carried over the next year Lang didn’t play o the very end and he limped on the field and played 2 plays those two were also the starting corners and running backs. They also had a line backer and d linemen hurt. Folsom got better but injuries is what stopped that loaded grant team. Folsom picked on their back ups all game and without a healthy Shaq and Lang on offense they couldn’t run the ball. And sample also had a shoulder injury that also carried over to college and what ended his stint in Washington. That’s 2010 folsom team had nothing for that grant team man let’s be honest.

Grant was not healthy plz stop man. Folsom won so kudos to folsoms best team ever but there’s if you think that was a hetahly grant team you are mistaken Shaq injury even carried over the next year Lang didn’t play o the very end and he limped on the field and played 2 plays those two were also the starting corners and running backs. They also had a line backer and d linemen hurt. Folsom got better but injuries is what stopped that loaded grant team. Folsom picked on their back ups all game and without a healthy Shaq and Lang on offense they couldn’t run the ball. And sample also had a shoulder injury that also carried over to college and what ended his stint in Washington. That’s 2010 folsom team had nothing for that grant team man let’s be honest.
As DLS fans let us know this year- "no excuses"

Grant was blown out. Pretty much everyone played. Shaq played the entire game. No excuses. Folsom got better. Avoided injuries. Grant did not. Just shows you the value of the Folsom training program. They were there at the end of the year uninjured.

Turned out that Grant blowout wasn't just a fluke as they blew out another nationally ranked team in Serra the following week.

That was a magical season for the Bulldogs. Great athletes and great coaching all came together to go the distance.

Can't wait. Go NorCal!

Real question why did Folsom opt for Chaminade? It's no secret a much better Socal team called them out.....

Last edited:

True statement. Poster is starting to get insecure about the participation trophies his team has collected.

The 2018 Strength of Schedules as of right now are below.Keep in mind, these will change week to week. I think, if anything, this shows who stepped up and played someone for the first 2 weeks of available "non league match ups." I hope this clears up any confusion that others may try and put out.

1. SJB: 20.7
2. Mater Dei: 51.7
3. Centennial: 63.8
4. DLS: 49.2
5. Folsom 58
6. Oaks Christian: 31.8
7. OLU: 46.3
8. Mission Viejo: 35.7
9. Upland: 16.2
10. Cajon: 25.5
11. JSerra: 46.8
12. Serra (Gardena): 46.8
13. LBP: 21.3
14. Chaminade: 45.7
15. Narbonne: 72.9
16. Serra (NorCal): 53.1
17. Clayton Valley: 14.1
18. Pitt: 39.9
19. Calabasas: 55.8
20. Santa Margarita: 40.8

SoCal Teams in Top 20: 15
NorCal Teams in Top 20: 5

Average SoS for Socal top 20 teams: 41.5
Average SoS for Norcal top 20 teams: 42.9

There are more SoCal teams in the top 20, but interestingly, NorCal top 20 teams have a higher average SoS than SoCal teams.

This year is starting off on the right foot with some great teams on display already. The first two weeks were jam packed with excitement and should set up some great match ups for the coming weeks.

Lol show the SOS of the top 15 in NorCal then compare to SoCal top 15 I dare you lol

On another note- it will be crazy to see where many of these teams end up SoS wise versus where they are now.

SBGs this year will be awesome. I am hoping the south gives us Servite to feast on. 4 TD win over a private in SoCal. Make it happen!

Go NorCal!

On another note- it will be crazy to see where many of these teams end up SoS wise versus where they are now.

SBGs this year will be awesome. I am hoping the south gives us Servite to feast on. 4 TD win over a private in SoCal. Make it happen!

Go NorCal!

Hoping for a easy participation trophy here huh? I expect nothing less out Folsom or their backers.

As DLS fans let us know this year- "no excuses"

Grant was blown out. Pretty much everyone played. Shaq played the entire game. No excuses. Folsom got better. Avoided injuries. Grant did not. Just shows you the value of the Folsom training program. They were there at the end of the year uninjured.

Turned out that Grant blowout wasn't just a fluke as they blew out another nationally ranked team in Serra the following week.

That was a magical season for the Bulldogs. Great athletes and great coaching all came together to go the distance.

Cmon man really if you honestly think that team was healthy you’re delusional. 2-2 no close games grant 35 folsom 14 book it

Last year was Zero chance with the way MD was playing. MD was as everyone knows, basically an All Star team. However, i genuinely believe that this year is a total different story. On any given night, anyone of our Big 3 can be upset. CC, Bosco MD have vulnerabilities, and serious questions. This year is different than last. And any of the top 5, adding Folsom/DLS can take top billing as the states #1.

Reactions: concrete17

Go NorCal!
Folsom is no doubt the second best team in NorCal and you want Servite? Be a man and ask for the second best team in SoCal. It would be at least a 4 TD loss for Folsom. You come on here act all big and bad and then call out Servite. Where’s your sack?

Folsom is no doubt the second best team in NorCal and you want Servite? Be a man and ask for the second best team in SoCal. It would be at least a 4 TD loss for Folsom. You come on here act all big and bad and then call out Servite. Where’s your sack?
What's the point? We've been told they have the "Servite rule" which only sends a school like Servite or a SD school to play in the 1AA.

Cashisking18 wouldn't you rather see Folsom play MD, CC, or SJB in a state game (assuming the second best So Cal team could play Folsom).

Cashisking18 wouldn't you rather see Folsom play MD, CC, or SJB in a state game (assuming the second best So Cal team could play Folsom).

The day the SS D1 playoffs declares themselves an OPEN is the day we’ll see the Folsom rule 2.0

Reactions: What in the
I would personally love to see Folsom play any of the top teams from the South. Unfortunately, they need to fix themselves first. Until then, they will continue to feed San Diego teams to the lions.

My guess is someone at a school like Servite will complain from being romped in the Trinity League, and that will get them to fix it and start sending their #2 team to the D1 bowl game.

As fast as they figured out transfers, you'd think they'd have this playoff thing down! My god!

Until that happens why doesn't Folsom just schedule up MD,SJB or CC?
What could be holding them back? They got another taste of DLS...LOL..

A quick note- I think a 14-0 game against nationally ranked DLS, where Folsom could have very well won, put them on a new level that many people weren't ready for.

You can tell by the- "Well why don't you play this team, that team, and the other team!"

All you can is keep winning. The more you win, the angrier your adversaries will become.

A loss is as loss, the rest is just an excuse
You claim to be the best....well then you have to beat the best.
Maybe try DLS again. 4th time might be the charm? 0-3 against NORCALS Premier team?

On another note- will anyone beat Folsom this year in the SJS?

I sure hope some of the schools off HWY80 corridor step up. I'm tired of seeing beatings. Really disappointed in the Rocklin and Roseville schools especially. For how many kids they have over in that area they are sure getting curbed stomped.

To be the best you have to beat the best.

Last edited:
I would personally love to see Folsom play any of the top teams from the South. Unfortunately, they need to fix themselves first. Until then, they will continue to feed San Diego teams to the lions.

My guess is someone at a school like Servite will complain from being romped in the Trinity League, and that will get them to fix it and start sending their #2 team to the D1 bowl game.

As fast as they figured out transfers, you'd think they'd have this playoff thing down! My god!

Socal doesn't need to fix their playoffs period. They understand what sports and playoffs are about. They aren't going to allow losers to advance, Hide one team from other teams, make lame excuses about this or that. It's Football line up and play. They also understand there is only really 1 state champ. Those schools don't play for participation trophies like Folsom does.

I had some other thoughts- I am sure the SoCal posters will say something like "losers shouldn't advance!" (Despite not being able to see what they are saying, I am well versed in their rhetoric) Well that's a lie considering teams that are hiding out in lesser sections get promoted to play in state bowl games while better teams sit at home. Not just a few deserving teams either. Probably 10-15. Stupid.

Remember they are new to this. Dont let them tell you any different. MD won their FIRST EVER bowl game last season. They are as new to this dance as a freshman on prom night.

The answer is a yes- they're system is as broken as the transfer train Express rolling into MD and SJB ever summer.

Broken is running around like you're all that when all your team has ever won is participation trophies. Kind of sad what CIF has done by diluting down the meaning of champion by handing out trophies and rings to clearly inferior teams.

On another note- My hope is that the CIF will make the changes needed in the south so that inferior teams that they are sending to state bowl games are couched in favor of sending their best throughout the divisions.

Having one open with their top 4 or maybe 6 teams as a royal rumble makes sense with the others competing at the d1 level or lower. Done with the southern schools lower level participation trophies. They invented this.

C'mon CIF! Clean up the south! Outlaw transfers too! Let's clean this up!

Last edited:
What in the: you really understand what you said? We ALL WANT the best teams from the north and south to play, even if a team in the south loses in a state playin game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT