ADVERTISEMENT

Norcal vs. Socal Strength of Schedules

What in the: you really understand what you said? We ALL WANT the best teams from the north and south to play, even if a team in the south loses in a state playin game.

Yeah I understand what I said question is do you understand what you're saying. "Even if a team in the south loses in a state playin game" WTF is that mean exactly? That's some soccer mom crap right there. You lose you go home sorry work harder next year. We don't need 10-15 state champs that's ridiculous, and nothing more than a money grab by CIF. The north is the one that's screwy here the whole loser plays on let's make sure this team doesn't play DLS etc etc. It's sad life isn't like that and it shouldn't be that way in sport.

Another thought here- the concept that the loser goes on is actually perpetuated MORE by the south by sending 2nd and 3rd tier teams to bowl games. Essentially rewarded mediocrity and punishing success, minus one team.

#2 through #20 essentially go home while others represent the south. There is only one open champion but the matchups needs to be fixed by the south. Helicopter parent way of thinking.

Flawed way of thinking. Fix the south!

I had some other thoughts- I am sure the SoCal posters will say something like "losers shouldn't advance!" (Despite not being able to see what they are saying, I am well versed in their rhetoric) Well that's a lie considering teams that are hiding out in lesser sections get promoted to play in state bowl games while better teams sit at home. Not just a few deserving teams either. Probably 10-15. Stupid.

Remember they are new to this. Dont let them tell you any different. MD won their FIRST EVER bowl game last season. They are as new to this dance as a freshman on prom night.

The answer is a yes- they're system is as broken as the transfer train Express rolling into MD and SJB ever summer.

Lol I never seen someone tell on themselves so much.Its bizarre you’re a weird dude

PS. I know I know you can’t see my post

The north invented sending their losers See the CCS.Its horrible that the ugliness of losers going to SBG while winners stay home has now crept down south.I mean why don’t you just put the teams you want to go in a bracket that they will win?

The whole system is crap.Just make 13 divisions designate the teams both north and south and top 32 play a state tournament

Reactions: What in the
Look what this loser concept has created. Coaches actually lobbying to not be the 4 seed because they want that chance to be the "loser" that plays on. It's ridiculous, and a sad statement on where we are in terms of sport.

Reactions: ararar
I had some other thoughts- I am sure the SoCal posters will say something like "losers shouldn't advance!" (Despite not being able to see what they are saying, I am well versed in their rhetoric) Well that's a lie considering teams that are hiding out in lesser sections get promoted to play in state bowl games while better teams sit at home. Not just a few deserving teams either. Probably 10-15. Stupid.

Remember they are new to this. Dont let them tell you any different. MD won their FIRST EVER bowl game last season. They are as new to this dance as a freshman on prom night.

The answer is a yes- they're system is as broken as the transfer train Express rolling into MD and SJB ever summer.

I personally think the way SoCal does it is the better way. The best vs the best. Period.

Looking back, think of some of the great matchups we could’ve had. I know things were different at the beginning of the State games era, but I would’ve loved to see DLS v Grant in 06’ and in 08’. I’d also love the opportunity to watch Folsom take another shot with DLS this year (although I’m intrigued by a potential Central v Folsom matchup).

This is where you lose all your credibility and show how you do not know about CA high School football. MD has NEVER tried to play for the "consolation prize". The reason this was their 1st SBG win is because they put their Big Boy pants on and compete against CC and SJB for the RIGHT to go to the OPEN... Unlike the Fraud that is Folsom who whines their way into the "Folsom Rule" so they can have their consolation parades.

If Folsom had to play either MV, SJB, CC, or MD they would be 1 and 2 in the consolation game. But they haven't, instead the blew out an over matched Oceanside team and barley beat a weak Helix team last year for their Glorious 3-0 record in the consolation game. The great thing about these teams is they dont whine their way out of their playoff brackets like Folsom because they want to win the " REAL Championship"

Folsom proved this once again this year when they "Moved heaven and earth" to Schedule a very sub-par DLS offensive team in the 1st game of the year and got shut out when they knew historically DLS is the most vulnerable. All I can say is be careful what you wish for.

All that game showed was Folsom is just not on that level, and is just not that good when playing real competition, 7 sacks of a supposed "D1" QB who was completely over-matched, and huge bonehead mistake by a "Clemson Bound 5* Recruit" and somehow Folsom was "more physical" then DLS. A total joke to anyone who really watches football.

On top of that, Folsom has supposedly "stepped up" by scheduling a Chaminade team that lost all of their good players?... Please, another Folsom facade and a joke...

For anyone who thinks Folsom is on the same level of DLS or any top 10 CA team, I ask you this, when San Ramon Valley lost to DLS 2 years ago by 1 point, because they went for 2 and didn't make it did that make them on the same level as DLS? or a top 10 team in CA?... No it did not... And you got shut out 14-0 so let that sink in for the "level" you are on with DLS and the "REAL" top 10 CA teams.

Folsom has no clue what it takes to play with the top teams in CA and proved it once again. Be careful what you wish for. DLS beat you down and shut you out with no offense. I don't understand how anyone who watched that game saw anything different the a over matched Folsom team losing to a very weak offensive DLS team. I know my Man @spartanrulz will disagree but IMHO Folsom is a Paper Tiger.

Schedule Mission Viejo or Corona Centennial Like Pitt does and maybe you will get some respect and work your way to the big boy level. Other then that you are a "fringe" top 10 CA football in my opinion. :)

Good news for you is my opinion means nothing. :)

It was so awesome meeting all you dudes at Rocco's before the DLS-Folsom game and that you for inspiring me to post! :)

Too Bad Cashisking is such a liar. @Spartanrulz who is a legit dude, asked every Folsom fan in the joint if that was Cash, Block, G61, kingera, and all the names that joker has had over the last 5 years, when he posted on line and said he was there and not one person said it was him. What a joke and a Fraud.

Just like your team brother. 108-32, that's how close you are to the Big Boys!

Enjoy your consolation bowl, San Diego in an upset by 17! :)

Well- it looks like I have inspired a plethora of new posters in the last week or so. I've counted at least 4, who respond to me only. I must be doing something right. One even mentioned that I inspired him to post. Impressive.

The above poster comes on here on a NorCal versus SoCal thread and mentioned Folsom 8 times. Impressive. Folsom must be a popular topic. Same ole rhetoric, same song and dance, some posters, just new names. Old news. The arguments have been going on for years. The interesting thing is that new handles continue to be created just to respond to be and talk about Folsom. I like it.

Now- getting back to the NorCal/SoCal debate since it seems to have inflamed and inspired a wave of "new" users this week. My opinion is that in a "bowl system" where you are sending teams to represent ALL divisions, you would want to send your best, per division, or however you want to categorize them. Awarding low level losing teams by sending them to bowls, and then sending a group of your top tier teams home in ridiculous to me. Why not send your top tier teams to the lower bowl games and your other teams home? Makes no sense. Jacked up system. But what can we expect from people who actively cheer on kids and parents to transfer to 2 or 3 schools in a 4 year period to "get them some run!" Ridiculous. The funny thing is they try to divert the attention away from their jacked up system, by slinging mud at the NorCal system (which I think is better), who is doing much more with about half the schools and student population.

If you don't want Folsom blowing the brakes off your good awful San Diego teams, then send someone else. From the new names on this forum, it would seem like there are MANY teams that would want to spank Folsom. Yet, we get no teams, and just more random handles on forums. Winners I tell you.

I think even DLS die hards like @SpartanzRule agree that Folsom is legit. He has told everyone publicly he is a believer and is impressed. He has said so on here. I believe him. Also, this year, as a public school, they are on par with DLS. They could have very well won that game. Outperformed them in almost every category expect for the turnover battle, which spelled an L. Oh well, you move on. You proved about 90 percent of people wrong, to include the plethora of new handles (ran by the same few people), who's prediction was running clock.

On a side note- the more handles you guys create every day, just to respond to me, with the same old tired information, just makes you look desperate and obsessed with Folsom. Accusing the same things with random old handles and accusing people of being them is stuff of 12 year olds. At least if your going to come on here and try to spew garbage, come with something new. The old stuff isn't impressive anyone.

BTW- Folsom is #5 in the state, per Calpreps power ratings. Impressive. That is what really matters. I can't wait until 2 weeks when Folsom blows the brakes off Chaminade. You guys must be embarrassed already since you have already created multiple new handles just to downplay Chaminade and say they suck. We must be doing something right! :)

Sounds like a lot of winning is going on. I like winning. :) I only mentioned Folsom 7 times in my post. They above poster mentioned then 8 times, yet they suck and are irrelevant.

"Be so good, they can't ignore you!" - Steve Martin

If DLS and Folsom were in SoCal, DLS might have a puncher's chance at sniffing a SBG game, but they'd be underdogs to make it.

Reactions: cashisking18
BTW- Folsom is #5 in the state, per Calpreps power ratings. Impressive. That is what really matters. I can't wait until 2 weeks when Folsom blows the brakes off Chaminade. You guys must be embarrassed already since you have already created multiple new handles just to downplay Chaminade and say they suck. We must be doing something right! :)

But why Chaminade on a down year? Wasn't SJB calling Folsom out after they snuck by Helix?

If DLS and Folsom were in SoCal, DLS might have a puncher's chance at sniffing a SBG game, but they'd be underdogs to make it.
Agreed. And games between north and south now (prior to bowls) are tough to schedule and predict who will be up or down based on the year.

On another note- will anyone beat Folsom this year in the SJS?

I sure hope some of the schools off HWY80 corridor step up. I'm tired of seeing beatings. Really disappointed in the Rocklin and Roseville schools especially. For how many kids they have over in that area they are sure getting curbed stomped.

To be the best you have to beat the best.
Not on another note...Not talking about the SJS...We are talking the best in NORCAL....and that is NOT Folsom.....Folsom vs. DLS 0-3.....and got shut out for the first time since 2003????? at least they were in the wedding...always the brides maid...never the BRIDE!

Agreed. And games between north and south now (prior to bowls) are tough to schedule and predict who will be up or down based on the year.

Not true at all... Pitt didn't seem to have a problem getting Cen 10 on their schedule.... Teams that really want to challenge themselves find a way to schedule top teams and these are both public schools....

As of now yes definitely underdogs. But who’s to say that if DLS was in the south that they wouldn’t get all the high profile transfers.

I think even DLS die hards like @SpartanzRule agree that Folsom is legit. He has told everyone publicly he is a believer and is impressed. He has said so on here. I believe him. Also, this year, as a public school, they are on par with DLS. They could have very well won that game. Outperformed them in almost every category expect for the turnover battle, which spelled an L. Oh well, you move on. You proved about 90 percent of people wrong, to include the plethora of new handles (ran by the same few people), who's prediction was running clock.
You just won’t let that game go. It’s OVER. DLS 14-0 it has already been booked. You say it’s a game Folsom could of won. What is that? DLS plays BOD tonight. They can win if they score more points then DLS. And if you were at the DLS/Folsom game you would have seen 7sacks to go with those 5 turnovers. And the battle of field position heavily in favor of DLS. But you don’t want to talk about that because it doesn’t support your agenda. It’s Over. Stop with the 1 excuse when there were so many more. They are not on par with DLS.

You just won’t let that game go. It’s OVER. DLS 14-0 it has already been booked. You say it’s a game Folsom could of won. What is that? DLS plays BOD tonight. They can win if they score more points then DLS. And if you were at the DLS/Folsom game you would have seen 7sacks to go with those 5 turnovers. And the battle of field position heavily in favor of DLS. But you don’t want to talk about that because it doesn’t support your agenda. It’s Over. Stop with the 1 excuse when there were so many more. They are not on par with DLS.
AT ALL!

As of now yes definitely underdogs. But who’s to say that if DLS was in the south that they wouldn’t get all the high profile transfers.

DLS wouldn't be nearly as attractive in Socal as they are in NorCal. Simple reason is offense they run. In NorCal they get away with it because they win and dominate everybody, they are the only show in town so parents and kids will play there. Socal has many more options and most teams run a wide open type of offense that appeals to top athletes and parents.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
SoCal is new to the game.

NorCal was the game for decades.

Dont ever forget MD won their first ever bowl game just this last year. I remember my first beer too.

It is a strong opinion of mine. No need to be offended. Judging from all the new names this week, my opinions tend to be a hot topic. That's the point.
Even more clueless. DLS in 3 games 108 at 36 points per game. Folsom in 3 games 32 points at 10.6 points per game. Where are they on par.

Reactions: THEOC89
Even more clueless. DLS in 3 games 108 at 36 points per game. Folsom in 3 games 32 points at 10.6 points per game. Where are they on par.
The recent game results is all I care about which is what is relevant to now. Which spelled an L for us but a win in some facets of the game. I was proud of the Dawgs. Regardless of what DLS fans will say publicly, they all saw the same thing and were damn impressed as you were.

Both DLS and Folsom will improve during the season, but DLS will improve at a greater rate then Folsom. Because:

* Their soph qb will emerge by the end of the season as a better passing qb than the Folsom qb.
* DLS having a passing game for the first time in years will make their offense more potent.
* The DLS defense is definitely above that of Folsom's. By years end, if these two teams played, I would say 42-14 or 42-17 DLS.

Reactions: THEOC89
Some thoughts: I believe Folsom will improve at a greater rate than DLS because:

1. Folsom's QB play is night and day with DLS. You could say varsity versus JV.

2. Folsom is more of a complete team. Offense and defense.

3. Better athletes for Folsom.

4. Folsom's defense is the best in the north IMHO.

I see it at the end of the year- Folsom 24-17.

Some thoughts: I believe Folsom will improve at a greater rate than DLS because:

1. Folsom's QB play is night and day with DLS. You could say varsity versus JV.

2. Folsom is more of a complete team. Offense and defense.

3. Better athletes for Folsom.

4. Folsom's defense is the best in the north IMHO.

I see it at the end of the year- Folsom 24-17.

You got it wrong, the "JV" QB was the overrated one who was sacked 7 times and turned the ball over 3 times. Poor guy was like a dear in the headlights. Good thing his O Line was so "Physical" in that game... 7 sacks given up, that is one "Physical" O Line....

You are correct about Folsom having the best Defense in the north... North of Concord.... 7 Sacks, 5 TO's created and a Shutout of a team with all that "D1" talent... Now that is defense baby!

Good news for you is they are back in their comfort zone playing nobody's so they will be able to put up the normal Folsom QB fake stats against weak teams, and I am sure the best defense north of Concord will shine!

... and remember San Ramon Valley came within 1pt of beating DLS in 2016 so based on your math SRV is on a higher level then Folsom... Let that sink in....:)

Some thoughts- Folsom will continue to get better every week. I think playing Chaminade down in the south will be a good test with the Bulldogs. League play should be interesting, as Granite Bay and Oak Ridge both have a solid team this year.

My thoughts are as of week 3:

Best O Line and D Line in NorCal
Best quarterback
Most physical team so far
Best WRs (by far)
Best RB (by far)

This team is dangerous. No telling what could happen.

Go Folsom!

Ms. Cashisking18: so this is what you are stating:

Best O Line and D Line in NorCal; the Folsom D line did very well in limiting the DLS D line to only 7 sacks.
Best quarterback: vs. who; he showed me very little vs. DLS
Most physical team so far; the Folsom team was dragging by end of game with DLS. A pipedream that they are at DLS physicality level.
Best WRs (by far); they are good, but did NOTHING against DLS.
Best RB (by far)

You are truly hilarious!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT