ADVERTISEMENT

North Bay cancels another week of football

USMC#1

Board Regular
Nov 10, 2005
The majority of the NBL and SCL tried to reschedule games from this weekend to Monday/Tuesday. Enough schools said no so the vast majority of the week for both leagues has been cancelled.

Something interesting however: Cardinal Newman will play Rancho Cotate @ Rancho in a non-league game. Both teams will face each other as originally scheduled in week 10 more than likely for the league championship.

Full credit to all involved in the North Bay as schools and families try to bring some semblance of normalcy back to the area. It's been a very rough ride.

This type of situation usually favors the lower ranked team giving them two chances to beat the higher ranked team. Rancho Cotati, the higher ranked team is now in a situation to have to win two times instead of one time vs Cardinal Newman.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Or they split the 2 games. Those 2 teams are pretty close. I don’t think Rancho Cotate is a heavy favorite. Can they potentially play a 3rd time in the NCS playoffs? That might be too much, but it could also be an exciting tie breaking rubber match.

Rancho and Newman are pretty dang even and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Newman beat them. If Chauncey Leberthon is back I would give edge to Newman. Pretty much a toss up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT