ADVERTISEMENT

Oakdale Mitty thread

cashisking18

Sports Fanatic
Jul 26, 2018
Oakdale being dominated so far. 19-0 2nd quarter. Oakdale just fumbled in their own territory. Mitty recovers and is driving.

Mitty 26-0 at halftime. Total domination.
I thought Mitty was going to be able to score some points but was concerned about their defense and it stepped up (and this is their first game). Mitty is clearly the better team this half (Oakdale can't get anything going and they had a game last week). I believe Mitty is missing their top RB (a transfer). Mitty is more athletic and bigger and very disciplined on defense to stop the Oakdale Wing T. Oakdale looks really down and young.

Reactions: cashisking18
Embarrassing. What a joke. I'm an Oakdale fan as you all know. Coach Merzon better fix this sh...t at half time. I said from the beginning, this is going to be a down year for Oakdale. A very young team. Rebuilding year. Yes, they beat Sonora, 49-0, but so what. Oakdale came back from a 20-0 deficit in a Championship game against Inderkum going into the half. But that Oakdale team was a GREAT team. Not going to happen this time.

Embarrassing. What a joke. I'm an Oakdale fan as you all know. Coach Merzon better fix this sh...t at half time. I said from the beginning, this is going to be a down year for Oakdale. A very young team. Rebuilding year. Yes, they beat Sonora, 49-0, but so what. Oakdale came back from a 20-0 deficit in a Championship game against Inderkum going into the half. But that Oakdale team was a GREAT team. Not going to happen this time.
Rough weekend for the 209.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Got to be Oakdale's worst defeat in many years. Even worse score differential than when they faced Serra Gardena (although that was a total mismatch). Mitty looks like they may be the third top team in the WCAL. Not sure they will fair well against St Francis or Serra but Mitty looks pretty good and has some young players and should get better.

Got to be Oakdale's worst defeat in many years. Even worse score differential than when they faced Serra Gardena (although that was a total mismatch). Mitty looks like they may be the third top team in the WCAL. Not sure they will fair well against St Francis or Serra but Mitty looks pretty good and has some young players and should get better.

Off the very early returns, the WCAL appears to be down a bit in 2018. So far, 0-3 vs. CCS public schools.

Mitty is used to seeing the Wing-T with Q misdirection that Oakdale was using. Unfortuantely, the Mustangs were not running it with much gusto. The other unexpected aspects of the match up was the lack of Oakdale pressure on the Mitty offense and the potent spread offense of Mitty.

Play some ball,i’m surprised at this score unless as you say the stangs are young and rebuilding,Merzon will right this young team i’m sure.

Play some ball,i’m surprised at this score unless as you say the stangs are young and rebuilding,Merzon will right this young team i’m sure.

Very young team. No returning starters and only 2 seniors. Junior team with 4 sophomores pulled up to Varsity level. No worries, our Frosh team has been undefeated since they were in 7th grade. The Stangs will be back next year and for another 3 after at least.

Reactions: championcif75
Very young team. No returning starters and only 2 seniors. Junior team with 4 sophomores pulled up to Varsity level. No worries, our Frosh team has been undefeated since they were in 7th grade. The Stangs will be back next year and for another 3 after at least.
That’s great news,if your not busy drop by Hillmen stadium next Friday nite.Placer vs Bishop Manogue.

How did the qb for mitty play?
Bey had a good game. He was composed in the pocket (probably because he had pressure only part of the time), he could run the ball and he was pretty good at out-of-pocket passing. That being said, he will be under a lot of pressure with SF. We'll see about Serra tonight. I think, right now, they are a strong third for WCAL. VC might have bad year like they did in 2006.

I still remember what Oakdale did the last time they had 5 sophomores on the varsity,lol.

I still remember what Oakdale did the last time they had 5 sophomores on the varsity,lol.

I do too. But these are not the same Sophmores. If Placer and Oakdale should play one another at some point in a playoff game, I believe Placer gets the W.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT