ADVERTISEMENT

Oakdale vs. CC in Section Final

playsomeball

Sports Fanatic
Dec 29, 2010
Ok. Here we go again. Oakdale gets another shot at CC in the Section Final. This is sure to be a GREAT game. Two VOL teams competing for a title. I know that CC is going to be favored in this game, but Oakdale will give it all they got and then some. Who WIN'S?...Thoughts, Please!

Should be a great game!!! 2 quality programs battling for the ring. Oakdale was impressive on offense last week. Gonna really come down to whether or not their defense will hold up. Is this game at a neutral site???

@farmair3, Yes. This game will be played at a neutral site. It will be played in Stockton at Lincoln high school, Friday, December 4th at 7 pm.

This should be a good one. The Mustangs hung in 3 weeks ago and gave CC their toughest game of the season thus far. Which team will make the better adjustments? That'll be the key.

This should be a good one. The Mustangs hung in 3 weeks ago and gave CC their toughest game of the season thus far. Which team will make the better adjustments? That'll be the key.

I think whoever makes fewer mistakes, wins the turnover battle, less penalties, executes their game plan, imposes their will, wins the battle at the LOS and is more crisp takes this one.

Just curious if this is going to be a double header. I am thinking this may be the game I will attend.

@bella123, I think you nailed it. I couldn't agree more. It is going to come down to all of that and this will be factor in which team wins. @PG, if CC wins, it will NOT be by 10. Oakdale was down 28-10 at the half and came back within 5 pts to win. This is very difficult to do against this year's CC team. I was not able to attend this game but I heard there were bad calls from the refs for both teams, so much so that Modesto bee writers even mentioned it, and so did a good friend of mine that went to CC many moons ago and is an avid fan of CC. Not making any excuses for Oakdale and their loss, but I'm just saying 10 pts is a bit much....This will be a rough task for Oakdale, but if Oakdale can get off to a good start I think they have a good chance. Oakdale just can't get down by 21 pts in the first half again because it is a tough task to come back against any team when being down by that much let alone CC

I don't really have a dog in the fight here, but would like to see CC pull it out. This is a special year for them and would be a shame to not see them make some noise in the SBG with this new set-up they have. It will probably be a few years before CC can get a team up to this one's level.

Oakdale on the other hand is really good as well, but I don't see them having as much success in state this year at the D2 level compared to CC in small school. I know it's selfish of me, but since I'm not a fan of either school, I wanna see the one who I think most likely brings home a victory for the North.

Excellent point Nascar! Just don't see Oakdale having an answer for CC's offense again regardless of adjustments they make this week, gotta go with CC on this one!

Reactions: nascar624
Ok. Here we go again. Oakdale gets another shot at CC in the Section Final. This is sure to be a GREAT game. Two VOL teams competing for a title. I know that CC is going to be favored in this game, but Oakdale will give it all they got and then some. Who WIN'S?...Thoughts, Please!

After seeing my team get dismantled last Friday by CC, I can't imagine them losing with their squad. The offense has to many weapons(J Rice was fantastic ). D line and linebackers were very impressive. Not that we found any real weakness but I feel success could be found over and on the outside. Last week Placer had their chances to loosen up the defense, by beating man to man coverage, but just missed early when they were still in it. CC lbackers were strong filling their lanes with the one dimensional run game. We couldn't go through their D. Maybe OD can go over can get a couple scores.
Good luck to Oakdale.
I see CC by 2 scores.

@ST1984. Oakdale played CC the last league game of the season and was down 1st qtr by 21-0 and down by 28-10 by the half. Oakdale came back within 5 pts to win game. Oakdale caught a pass in the end zone for another td with only minutes left in the game but the receiver was hit by Rice and the ball was knocked out of his hands...I just do not see 2 td's. I am not saying Oakdale is going to win but 2 Td's will surprise me

@ST1984. Oakdale played CC the last league game of the season and was down 1st qtr by 21-0 and down by 28-10 by the half. Oakdale came back within 5 pts to win game. Oakdale caught a pass in the end zone for another td with only minutes left in the game but the receiver was hit by Rice and the ball was knocked out of his hands...I just do not see 2 td's. I am not saying Oakdale is going to win but 2 Td's will surprise me
Have you heard of taking your foot off the peddle? Don't think CC is going to do that this time. We shall see.

@ PG..."Have I heard about taking my foot off the peddle"....I did not say Oakdale would win. I said that Oakdale came within pts of winning the last time they played and came back from way behind to get within 5 pts. It is High school football and anything can happen to change a game...fumbles, penalties, etc. If Oakdale has these things happen during this game, then, yes, CC could very well win by 2 td's, easily. But if Oak can keep the penalties they have a very good chance against CC.

Gotta give credit to Oakdale as they didn't quit, but Central Catholic let off the gas a bit. I guarantee Oakdale doesn't recover another onside kick against Central and just for clarification: Rice broke up a pass from 4th and 14 from the 30 yard line to a receiver who was nowhere near the end zone. Might have picked up first down, but he wasn't in the end zone. Canepa/Hylla will not let the 2nd half comeback attempt occur like last time they met, even if that means he has to get out on the field himself..hahaha Plus Central has had 2 straight weeks to practice against the Winged-T offense. Central Catholic by 17: 38-21

@athletic. I respect your opinion and possibly some facts since I was not at this game but heard from many about it. And the statement I made about the end zone actually came from Oakdale fans and a CC fan which I am very good friends with. I will be at this game....38-21 I disagree with..I am not going to give points, but Oakdale will score more then 21. Not saying they will win, but they will score more then 21..just sayin...

@athletic. I respect your opinion and possibly some facts since I was not at this game but heard from many about it. And the statement I made about the end zone actually came from Oakdale fans and a CC fan which I am very good friends with. I will be at this game....38-21 I disagree with..I am not going to give points, but Oakdale will score more then 21. Not saying they will win, but they will score more then 21..just sayin...
I just watched it on film again to confirm...my bad: ball was at 23 yd line, pass was broken up at the 5 yd line...definitely not in the end zone though. Also, is any ref going to have to balls to flag Oakdale for illegal motion on every offensive play? If that is truly a full second, then I last forever when I have sex with my wife.;)

Dear AT, it wasn't that they "let off the gas". To quote their defensive coach
they were "gassed".
I say again, Whoever hits the hardest
the longest will win.

Good luck to the OM.

Man, go get some coffee and donuts over at the Rainbow on San Pablo.......it's 5:45 AM
Just left there, paid & put your name on one of the maple, bacon glazed specialty ones.....

Last edited:
Interesting possibility here. If CC wins they will be promoted to D2 for 2016 where they will be competing with schools 4x and 5x their enrollment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT