ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland girls rule

And congrats to the two OAL girls teams for making the state finals! OAL Has always been known for the boys teams. Seems like the boys OAL side is down right now.

Great that the public schools made it. Well deserved. I only wished Lowell-SF had gotten a shot against Oakland Tech!

Its a very great shame that someone "hacked" the Oakland/Union Mine game on MaxPreps and reported completely incorrect results on that game. I believe MaxPreps needs to tighten up their security with regards to reporting scores.

Reactions: cptmycpa
Its a very great shame that someone "hacked" the Oakland/Union Mine game on MaxPreps and reported completely incorrect results on that game. I believe MaxPreps needs to tighten up their security with regards to reporting scores.
I saw that too. I noticed a score on MaxPreps of something like Union Mine 68, Oakland 49 Final. Then about an hour later I saw a different score on the CIF website with a completely different outcome and score. MaxPreps cannot allow this happen so easily--ruins their credibility.

Reactions: bballpeep
That's definitely a problem because a) the basis of the system is getting scores, and so a goal is to make reporting them as easy as possible, and b) making it easy means people can hack it.

If you've tried to report a score, you've noticed there's a delay before you get an email thanking you for posting, and there's a rudimentary process to check for accuracy. But short of having someone try to call up a coach and verify a score, there's really no way to make sure the score is right.

If you only allow people with log-ins to report scores, the number of reports would slow to a trickle, especially in states that don't require schools to use MaxPreps.

Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT