ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State lands 2017 quarterback

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Oregon State has picked up a commitment from 2017 Justin-Siena quarterback Aidan Willard.

good for him, should be a nice fit and a chance to play some Power 5 ball......I wonder with JS getting a new coach if they will open up the offense more this coming year

Good for the kid, PAC-12 is a big deal. Watched him vs Cardinal Newman in the playoffs and he struggled a bit. Not sure what his numbers were like for the season. Though the Neman QB was the better athlete hands down. Good for NorCal, wish him well.

Agree with last post. Newman QB is just a better football player at this stage period, but it sounds like Willard has some growing to do. They see potential. Always tough to see who pans at the QB slot.

Does Brookshire (CN QB) have any offers?

At this point I'm seeing no offers. I've never seen him play but I suspect his forty time of 4.93 and 20 yard shuttle time of 4.58 is hurting his cause. Both are a tad tardy for a dual threat QB in today's recruiting scene.

Last edited:
No way those times are accurate Bubba. (Brookshire) He is very fast and elusive on the field. I suspect his summer will dictate a lot. He's too good not to start seeing some offers.

Speaking of speed - my kid needs a speed coach to help him improve 60yd. time. We are in NBay but having a hard time finding anybody near us with experience and availability for that specific skill.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Anybody heard of Aaron Thigpen in Concord? His website suggests he's a good candidate.

Thanks.

No way those times are accurate Bubba. (Brookshire) He is very fast and elusive on the field. I suspect his summer will dictate a lot. He's too good not to start seeing some offers.

I was basing my numbers on this

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/214500/jordan-brookshire

I know that recruiters often place quite a bit of value on these numbers. Jordan certainly could have had an off day when these numbers were collected and I certainly don't mean to downgrade him as a player.

Speaking of speed - my kid needs a speed coach to help him improve 60yd. time. We are in NBay but having a hard time finding anybody near us with experience and availability for that specific skill.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Anybody heard of Aaron Thigpen in Concord? His website suggests he's a good candidate.

Thanks.

Elsey and Herzog used to do a good job at SPD factory in P town. Think they are part of Luma fitness now on Pet Blvd.

Thanks, Bella. Talked to a P-town guy who likes them, but also got word from a very knowledgeable baseball guy that Thigpen is THE guy. Good thing gas is cheap right now.

Thanks, Bella. Talked to a P-town guy who likes them, but also got word from a very knowledgeable baseball guy that Thigpen is THE guy. Good thing gas is cheap right now.

Well if you just wait til about 2196 the Smart train might just be up and running and going to east bay.

Go with what's best for you guys. Worst case scenario you get to be with your kid and extra three -four hours a day while commuting. As someone who's own kids are getting older way to quick now, take advantage of that time together.

At this point I'm seeing no offers. I've never seen him play but I suspect his forty time of 4.93 and 20 yard shuttle time of 4.58 is hurting his cause. Both are a tad tardy for a dual threat QB in today's recruiting scene.
Just saw Brookshire's latest shuttle time... 4.05. He does have a offer to New Mexico, and heard that he and the Willard kid were the two finalist for that offer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT