ADVERTISEMENT

PITTSBURG FRIDAY NIGHT JAMBOREE

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
The Pirates made a big statement tonight by both the JV and the Varsity walking away with big victories...Pittsburg in both the JV and the varsity had too much speed and a sharp passing attack.
The JV's came into the jamboree looking like this.....Logan had 15 suited up and three in sweats,Concord had 23, Pittsburg had 45-50 and moreau had 45. and the scoring went like this
Pittsburg 4 Moreau 0, Pittsburg 7 Concord 0, Pittsburg 3 Logan 0, but this game was called when two Logan players went down at the same time with 7 minute to go in the game, so the game was ended.
Concord and Logan tied 1 to 1 and Concord beat Moreau 2 -0 and Moreau stopped Logan 4-1.
Varsity wise, it was a Pittsburg run-a-way...Pittsburg 7 Moreau 2,Pittsburg 8 Concord 1, Pittsburg 4 Logan 0 and the Pirates used most of their bench in this game, Logan 3 Moreau 1 and Concord 4 Logan1 and Concord 2 Moreau 1.
Pittsburg's QB...Turner turned in a very good performance and Thompson scored three TD's in one game and set out the rest....Pittsburg had multiple ball carriers and receivers racking up the scores for both the JV and varsity.
Back to Turner,, he was picked off three times, two against Concord and one against Logan, for Concord, Nunez had to do a lot scrambling, so he wasn't very effective Moreau could never get started against Logan and never won any scrimmages.
For Pittsburg, with so many running backs to choose from, Coach Galli has his work cut out for him, the line played every body tough, so going into next Friday's game against Mitty, the Pirates should be ready.

The Pirates made a big statement tonight by both the JV and the Varsity walking away with big victories...Pittsburg in both the JV and the varsity had too much speed and a sharp passing attack.
The JV's came into the jamboree looking like this.....Logan had 15 suited up and three in sweats,Concord had 23, Pittsburg had 45-50 and moreau had 45. and the scoring went like this
Pittsburg 4 Moreau 0, Pittsburg 7 Concord 0, Pittsburg 3 Logan 0, but this game was called when two Logan players went down at the same time with 7 minute to go in the game, so the game was ended.
Concord and Logan tied 1 to 1 and Concord beat Moreau 2 -0 and Moreau stopped Logan 4-1.
Varsity wise, it was a Pittsburg run-a-way...Pittsburg 7 Moreau 2,Pittsburg 8 Concord 1, Pittsburg 4 Logan 0 and the Pirates used most of their bench in this game, Logan 3 Moreau 1 and Concord 4 Logan1 and Concord 2 Moreau 1.
Pittsburg's QB...Turner turned in a very good performance and Thompson scored three TD's in one game and set out the rest....Pittsburg had multiple ball carriers and receivers racking up the scores for both the JV and varsity.
Back to Turner,, he was picked off three times, two against Concord and one against Logan, for Concord, Nunez had to do a lot scrambling, so he wasn't very effective Moreau could never get started against Logan and never won any scrimmages.
For Pittsburg, with so many running backs to choose from, Coach Galli has his work cut out for him, the line played every body tough, so going into next Friday's game against Mitty, the Pirates should be ready.
More Jamboree......Going into the Jamboree, each scrimmage went 17 minutes on a running clock and in the Pittsburg-Concord scrimmage, the Pirates went wild as Lacy score onem Thompson scored three and an amazing run by Wally Parks, twisting and turning, breaking tackles, for the one minute, he was a one man gang....

Not too sure about your scorekeeping Bluedog but agree clearly Pitt had best night of the 4. Logan looked thin and Concord QB looked nice but not a whole lot else. Moreau had a lot of guys sitting (injuries ??) including their primary back Booda Ison.

The kid you mention was named Willie Harts. Unbelievable talent from what I saw. Also Pittsburg's defense looks to be very tough up front. The Pitt offense looked completely unstoppable. Going to be interesting to see where they stand after five games. And I agree, Logan did not look like a good team at all.

The 5 games everybody mentions I assume is academics? Does Pitt not have a tutoring system in place to keep these kids on field? Or is it more of a matter where these kids just don't go or care?

The 5 games everybody mentions I assume is academics? Does Pitt not have a tutoring system in place to keep these kids on field? Or is it more of a matter where these kids just don't go or care?
Indianpride45......It may be a case of not being interested in keep up the grades, or, not being able to handle the school work..A lot of these kids are one parent families, living with friends or the grand parents, they may love football, but in the end, they are out...

Indianpride45......It may be a case of not being interested in keep up the grades, or, not being able to handle the school work..A lot of these kids are one parent families, living with friends or the grand parents, they may love football, but in the end, they are out...

I've noticed from playing Pitt early in the season and again in NCS that there are often different faces playing for them

Am I missing something? What five games are you guys referring too? From people I talked to, the only program that consistently loses a bulk of players due to eligibility has been Antioch. Outside of Heritage I believe Pittsburg and Freedom are right there academically.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT