ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs!!!???

DonniePeckerwood

Sports Fanatic
Mar 19, 2017
Reno, NV
In honor of my 3rd all time favorite coach Jim Mora, I thought I'd get a little playoff thread rolling..... Let us be honest, this is the only time of year these boards are worth checking out any way. When everything is on the line. When the little things and the details matter the most.

Let us get some playoff predictions rolling. Who does everyone have? I don't know a whole lot, but be on the lookout for a MAJOR upset in the NCS D2 championship game. But when you peel back the curtain and get in the weeds a bit though, will it actually be a real upset? You heard it here first folks. Let the games begin!

- Donnie shutdown

Reactions: UncleYacht
If Heritage beat Carondelet, BOD beats MM and either CN or SJND beats Salesian they would all be upsets but none would be major. Those are the seven best teams in NCS and all are capable of winning games in the open.

In honor of my 3rd all time favorite coach Jim Mora, I thought I'd get a little playoff thread rolling..... Let us be honest, this is the only time of year these boards are worth checking out any way. When everything is on the line. When the little things and the details matter the most.

Let us get some playoff predictions rolling. Who does everyone have? I don't know a whole lot, but be on the lookout for a MAJOR upset in the NCS D2 championship game. But when you peel back the curtain and get in the weeds a bit though, will it actually be a real upset? You heard it here first folks. Let the games begin!

- Donnie shutdown
I'm curious who will win D2 in a major upset? Do not say BOD. To beat Miramonte you need a post inside which they cannot match-up with, or they must have a very bad shooting night. Perhaps Alameda, Montgomery, Acalanes or Redwood could pull the upset on an off shooting night. All 4 are fairly solid teams from what I have seen and heard. None are in Miramonte's class as far as depth goes from player 1 to 10. Miramonte is a significant favorite to win D2. It's more obvious than both D1 and D3.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I'm curious who will win D2 in a major upset? Do not say BOD. To beat Miramonte you need a post inside which they cannot match-up with, or they must have a very bad shooting night. Perhaps Alameda, Montgomery, Acalanes or Redwood could pull the upset on an off shooting night. All 4 are fairly solid teams from what I have seen and heard. None are in Miramonte's class as far as depth goes from player 1 to 10. Miramonte is a significant favorite to win D2. It's more obvious than both D1 and D3.

Call me crazy, but let us just say that it may not matter who the opponent is! ........

I would agree that MM is the heaviest favorite of the 3 NCS divisions.

Id put MM at about a 95% probability to win NCS D2....it would take a major upset for them not to win it. BOD is not the juggernaut (this yr) they have been in the past.

Salesian at about 80%... CN or SJND would need a big shooting night...not impossible but Salesian senior class has done alot of winning in their careers (even back to their Norcal Future AAU days) and they going to be tough to take out.

CLET at about 60% (only because I think Heritage is legit)

Reactions: Paytc

I think all the teams you mentioned are capable of beating BOD who looks to be the number 2 seed, but beating MM will take some luck and them having an off shooting night. I just don't see too many people who have a post player that can pose match up problems for MM. Acalanes only lost to 10ish to MM, Montgomery beat Acalanes by 20+, and Alameda has had an up and down year (thought they'd be much better). That being said if any of those teams are on their game and MM isn't shooting the ball particularly well, it could be a good game!

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT