ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the NCS Winners!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Just for fun, I'll get the ball rolling on predicting the D1 thru D5 title games:

1: DLS 59-58 over Dublin
2: Moreau 77-50 over Tam
3: Salesian 71-54 over Campo (Hate to do this, being a Campo fan and all...)
4: St. Joe's 62-53 over Lick-Wilmerding
5: Branson 55-49 over Bentley

I like your picks.
DLS in the rematch. 55-51
Moreau over Tam 82-68 (I think Tam might be underrated a little. 2 big road wins but I don't see them keeping up)
Salesian over Campo 65-55
St Joes over LM 60-48
Branson over Benley 58-50

I'll take some of this action!

D1- Dublin over DLS 61-57
D2- Moreau Catholic over Tam 62-50
D3- Salesian over Campo 71-61
D4- St Joes over Lick-W 75-57
D5- Branson over Bentley 57-49

Just for fun, I'll get the ball rolling on predicting the D1 thru D5 title games:

1: DLS 59-58 over Dublin
2: Moreau 77-50 over Tam
3: Salesian 71-54 over Campo (Hate to do this, being a Campo fan and all...)
4: St. Joe's 62-53 over Lick-Wilmerding
5: Branson 55-49 over Bentley

DLS-Dublin Round 3 will be one of the best games of the weekend. This season series is one of those that will be talked about down the road, like O'Dowd-Castro Valley from a few years back.

I certainly have St Joes winning, but the run Lick Wilmerding is on should have the Pilots' attention.

DLS vs Dublin has been really fun. Timmy Falls and gang play some good hoop. DLS will be hard to beat 2x in row.
I will go with a narrow win by spartans in a low scoring affair. 48-46.

Isaih Hood of Bentley is the real deal. Probably don't have enough to take Branson, but the kid is fun to watch.

Isaih Hood of Bentley is the real deal. Probably don't have enough to take Branson, but the kid is fun to watch.

Yup, I've seen him several times this year. The kid has game, to be sure.

Who is not playing for St Joes?

As far as I know, everyone is active for the Pilots. There was a bit of a fracas late in the game v. Stuart Hall, techs called, etc. I suppose game suspensions are possible, but I don't see anything about it on any news sites.

Meanwhile, LIck will porbably have two starters out... But those two were also out for the game in which they came from 22 points down to upset St. Pat's.

Final DLS 53 Dublin 51. Like I said hard to beat DLS 2x in row. Looks like spartans are right back in the open.

Holy mackerel, what a game!

And, I was thinking about that on the way home... I'd be very surprised to *not* see the Spartans called up, probably to travel to Woodcreek or Sheldon (depending on what happens in *that* game... Yes, I'm a-drivin' out to Stockton tomorrow!!)

One of the best games in a long time. Despite the fact that Dublin has more and better athletes DLS hung tough and won at the buzzer. Very reminiscent of game two at Dublin which DLS had won at the end of the game only to be tied at the buzzer and lose in OT.
All three games well coached with Argenal (DLS) winning NCS and Costello (Dublin) awarded league.
All players played well after some early game jitters.

That was a classic battle between two very good teams.Hats off to the Spartans on winning
the ncs title game but I have just as much respect for dublin they battled there
Tails off and what I left there saying was what a damn good high school game
That was by Two very well coached teams. Dela pounded the offensive glass against dublin
and to me that was the difference as well as there point gaurd Orr getting to the basket
he is a solid player. Dela with there defense can cause some problems for sure for some
Teams in the open division. Dublin should get a high seed in d1 norcal bracket and
would woodcreek and sheldon going open they could be in line for a deep run.

I love the way both these programs play. Really good HS basketball. I'm bummed I missed the game because it sounds like one for the ages. (Like the old MV vs DLS type) Its too bad anybody had to lose.

That was a classic battle between two very good teams.Hats off to the Spartans on winning
the ncs title game but I have just as much respect for dublin they battled there
Tails off and what I left there saying was what a damn good high school game
That was by Two very well coached teams. Dela pounded the offensive glass against dublin
and to me that was the difference as well as there point gaurd Orr getting to the basket
he is a solid player. Dela with there defense can cause some problems for sure for some
Teams in the open division. Dublin should get a high seed in d1 norcal bracket and
would woodcreek and sheldon going open they could be in line for a deep run.

The difference in the end was Orr getting to the basket 2or three times. I was surprised Dublins defender in the wing/ corner never slid over to help one time on those drives which would have stopped Orr on the layup. You could see it coming each time. Great game though!

Orr is the kid on the other team who you say I want to guard that kid and hope he guards you. Then about 5 minutes into the game you realize this kid can play. Doesn't look like a player at all but he is a really solid HS guard. Really the epitome was a system DLS player.

Well, St. Joe's won in a blowout, and it was without Jade Smith, serving the first game of a 2-game suspension for the above-mentioned incident (according to an article in the SJ Mercury covering the game). (Really... two games for one tech??)

Article said:

"The Pepperdine-bound Smith did not play in Saturday’s game due to an ejection in the Pilots’ semifinal win against Stuart Hall, Lippi said. Smith will also not play in the Pilots’ CIF Northern regional opening game due to a Bay Counties League rule regarding ejections."

That would spell huge trouble for the Pilots if they get bumped to the Open as expected and they have to go Jade-less against someone like DLS or Salesian or Sheldon or whomever... However, over the years I have learned to never ever EVER count the Pilots out early!

Wow. I thought it was a one game suspension. They are going Open and this might make them one and done.

At home, no less... I wonder if the Pilots are gonna hafta find a bigger gym for the game...

The locals thought the small gym at Modesto Christian led to some low Open seeds the first couple of years.

If it hasn't been announced yet, then they likely won't have to move it

I called SJND an hour or two ago, saying, "I bet this is about the 50th call you've had today about basketball and tickets and where the game would be..."

Yeah, she had a bit of a chuckle over that; the phone's probably been ringing constantly since sunrise. :)

Anyway, she said, "It'll be in our gym, ticket booth opens about an hour before the game, no advance ticket sales," (somewhat paraphrased, she was a lot nicer than that).

While I suppose that's just going to be the way it is, they might think differently after that 3,000th phone call comes in... If it hasn't already. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT