ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for NCS D1 and D2 games friday?

You guys are crazy if you think the kid on Dublin is an NBA player (in the future). That is a reach at best. Nice player and potential pac 12 type player but lets not get out of hand. Its not like we are watching aaron gordon or jkidd. Jame Akinjo with a lot of development and work on his outside shot along with learning from an NBA PG at UCONN (their coach) has a shot.

I've seen LL play @UncleYacht. Excellent team that is guard oriented. (Prince, Payne, Robinson about as good as it gets in HS NOrcal) They don't have a lot of size. Newman actually played them close. I think they lost by 8. Redwood will keep it close but I don't see them victorious. Redwood needs to exploit there size because they are much bigger. I don't see a blowout at all.

Pretty sure that's why they play the games! Couldn't agree more with you @larry legend33 . As we saw last year, LL is very beatable. Redwood does a great job taking care of the ball. If they can get some bench production and stay out of foul trouble...we may be watching a little Upset City Dot Com...

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Yeah I mean LL needed OT after getting by Newman to beat a pretty bad Mt Eden team. If they take Redwood lightly LL will lose. However, I think LL learned from last year and I would be surprised if they aren't ready to play.

Reactions: UncleYacht
Using last year's playoff troubles for this year's LL team is a mistake. Last year, they didn't have Robinson, one helluva player.

And the other guys have the lessons from last year plus a year of growth and experience.

On the other hand, Redwood lives up their name with a roster full of Giants... Nine guys listed at 6-4 or taller, and both LL's losses came to teams with good size. Not much of a schedule on Redwood's part, though they beat Montgomery twice...

Even with those factors, I think LL's guards are way too much to handle and should propel them on to the next round with a comfortable win. Not a blowout, something more like 73-57-ish.

None of the D2 games were close, either.

BOD 78, Tam 35
Las Lomas 68, Redwood 47
Moreau 66, Newark 46
Alameda 56, Acalanes 37

The LL score surprised me a little. I thought Redwood would keep it within 10. The other scores don't surprise me however.
I think Alameda gets blasted by 25 by BOD and I think LL beats Moreau by 20. I think this is setting up for a great #1 vs #2.

How are you connected to the young man? You've plugged him multiple times on here hoping for someone to bite. He is a nice young player but very raw. A place like Hillcrest, Prolific etc would be an ideal landing spot. Somewhere he can focus more heavily on his game as he has a long way to go. Ive been one of the biggest bruin cheerleaders on the board over the years but other than natural maturation, I don't see kids making huge strides in their game there.

Actually saw him play a couple games last year as a freshman and was impressed then. Now that he's 6'8 with a 7 foot wingspan, I think he could be really special. Not saying he's a sure thing. IMO he's a little bit slow and could work on his footwork. But for a Sophomore, I think Jackson could be a really good player. And I hope he doesn't leave SPSV.

You guys are crazy if you think the kid on Dublin is an NBA player (in the future). That is a reach at best. Nice player and potential pac 12 type player but lets not get out of hand. Its not like we are watching aaron gordon or jkidd. Jame Akinjo with a lot of development and work on his outside shot along with learning from an NBA PG at UCONN (their coach) has a shot.

I've seen LL play @UncleYacht. Excellent team that is guard oriented. (Prince, Payne, Robinson about as good as it gets in HS NOrcal) They don't have a lot of size. Newman actually played them close. I think they lost by 8. Redwood will keep it close but I don't see them victorious. Redwood needs to exploit there size because they are much bigger. I don't see a blowout at all.

Larry, are you familar with the Cardinal Newman basketball program by any chance ?

Just kidding
Here's wishing you great hoops

Beasley is a very good skilled player and he had an outstanding game; I actually deleted my reply at 12:30am because I didn’t want to be the first to reply with were is the defense. Here is a link to Dublin 2017 NCS Semifinal game that they won by 4. Timmy Falls was actually scoring points against defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT