ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for preseason Games

LBP is very fast! 3 out 4 people from their 4x1 team last year play football and all 3 go sub 11 100. The fastest is a sophomore who went 10.38 last year. I believe that broke the state record. 2 we're just freshman last year so not sure they played varsity. Those are just a couple of the guys I know about but I'm sure they have good team speed up and down the roster.

Fun note that 4x1 team got 2nd in state just a step in front of Saint Mary's which had both Moore and Gayles on the relay team, and both were upset by Pittsburgh. Many of these guys weren't even seniors. I'll also add De La Salle to that list as they were also in the 4x1 finals and most of those guys are back this year. Tells me NorCal maybe be able to match the speed from down south over the next couple of years.
One thing I've learned over the years is fast doesn't always translate into can the kid play football. I want football players who happen to run track verses the opposite. We shall see.... Folsom should win this game by a couple scores. I think it will be close at half and Folsom makes ADJ and opens it up in the 3rd. Lyons is really that good. I will be out there.

One thing I've learned over the years is fast doesn't always translate into can the kid play football. I want football players who happen to run track verses the opposite. We shall see.... Folsom should win this game by a couple scores. I think it will be close at half and Folsom makes ADJ and opens it up in the 3rd. Lyons is really that good. I will be out there.
100% agree that track speed does not equal football speed and that speed doesn't automatically make a good football player. That said what I have seen is that some of the best skill football players don't just "happen to run track" but also run track and usually have for a long time.

I still think Folsom wins but speed definitely can change the dynamic of a game.

LBP has a history of track stars back 45 years at least. I agree with Larry Legend 33, Folsom's game .

Reactions: larry legend33
They also have a history of alum playing in the NFL, at one time the most of any high school. Not sure if that's still true.
I, too, remember it said that Poly LB has the most NFL players. According to this article below, they are still #1 in the nation if you don't count Fork Union Military Academy (Fork Union, Virginia) which also has post high school grads on their list of students. There are two military academies on this list (#1 Fort Union and #7 Hargrave (VA)) that should not be included in my opinion because of thier acceptance of post-HS grad students.

The May 2023 article looks at the top 30 high schools producing NFL players. Poly has 59 NFL players at the beginning of last season.

It surprised me to see Dorsey (Los Angeles) at #5 with 36 NFL players. Other CA high schools include:
Lincoln of San Diego is #13 (tie) with 25 players.
Crenshaw (LA) is #13 (tie) with 25 players
Serra (Gardena) is #19 with 24 players
Compton is #24 with 21 players

Although I didn't count an exact number, it appears Texas and Florida had the most schools in this top 30 list.

Last edited:
I agree!…. LBP’s difference maker last year was their Talented Dual Threat QB and he graduated….

Folsom will have a Massive edge at QB and will win by multiple scores….

I, too, remember it said that Poly LB has the most NFL players. According to this article below, they are still #1 in the nation if you don't count Fork Union Military Academy (Fork Union, Virginia) which also has post high school grads on their list of students. There are two military academies on this list (#1 Fort Union and #7 Hargrave (VA)) that should not be included in my opinion because of thier acceptance of post-HS grad students.

The May 2023 article looks at the top 30 high schools producing NFL players. Poly has 59 NFL players at the beginning of last season.

It surprised me to see Dorsey (Los Angeles) at #5 with 36 NFL players. Other CA high schools include:
Lincoln of San Diego is #13 (tie) with 25 players.
Crenshaw (LA) is #13 (tie) with 25 players
Serra (Gardena) is #19 with 24 players
Compton is #24 with 21 players

Although I didn't count an exact number, it appears Texas and Florida had the most schools in this top 30 list.
I don't know how accurate that list is, it has Matt Dickerson and Easop Winston from Serra, San Mateo as Serra, Gardena grads.

Reactions: FBAddict
Folsom vs Long Beach!
This might be the game of the year! When the Jack Rabbits play against a Norcal opponent... The data points to an instant classic! This could be a lot closer than expected, either way.

Regardless, both teams will be tested. And to me, the special teams play will be the difference for Folsom.

Reactions: STRAIGHTFOOTBALL
Do we know how fast "this" LBP team is? I ask because in past match ups neither Grant Union nor Granite Bay seemed to be bothered by their speed. I'm not saying I know for sure, just that's it's easy to get caught up in the "brand name" and prior history.

Not only that, it's entirely possible LBP won't see another team like Folsom again this season, with the overall talent and dual-threat QB. Who knows.
LBP plays at home versus Lincoln of San Diego, next week. Folsom better not make mistakes.

It’s been reported that speed is LBP strength this season. Their relay team was one of the fastest in the state and they were all football players. LBP does have MV on their schedule who can be argued is as good or better than Folsom. Lincoln (SD) is no chump either.

Track speed doesn’t always translate to a football field. And color me skeptical that MV or Lincoln have a QB as good as Ryder Lyons to go with a their overall talent.

The beauty of it all is, we get to see it all play out.

BM is definitely a solid program and by far the best in Northern Nevada, But when’s the last time BM beat a real good Nor Cal team?? 0-3 against Nor Cal squads in the last 2 years. SM “ on a down year” will win by 17.

BM is definitely a solid program and by far the best in Northern Nevada, But when’s the last time BM beat a real good Nor Cal team?? 0-3 against Nor Cal squads in the last 2 years. SM “ on a down year” will win by 17.
Going to be interesting this Sat . These guys might have a Squad, don't believe SM has the QB BM has and that might be the wild card . Last season SM I believe won by 1 touchdown and did not have the QB they have today . So should be interesting

Going to be interesting this Sat . These guys might have a Squad, don't believe SM has the QB BM has and that might be the wild card . Last season SM I believe won by 1 touchdown and did not have the QB they have today . So should be interesting
SM did not play BM last year. SM’s QB is not the same as last year. He’s young and was the backup last year as a sophomore. Galvan only played in 3 games and was 4 out of 5 passes complete for 56 yards. Galvan moved up to Varsity last year when former backup QB for SM, Devin Rasmussen, decided to move down to JV for more playing time (before transferring to Edison-Stockton). Galvan just needs to get the ball to his WR’s and watching some of tape, he will do just fine. Now this SM WR core is a one special group!

Sophomore WR Osani Gayles X profile: https://x.com/gaylesosani?s=21&t=LdfedSuEdrcQKNYiuVewpw

Junior WR Kenneth Moore III X profile: https://x.com/kenturx_21?s=21&t=LdfedSuEdrcQKNYiuVewpw

CBS previewing the SM Rams:
View: https://x.com/kenturx_21/status/1825779277826241022?s=46&t=LdfedSuEdrcQKNYiuVewpw
(Note: the game is on Saturday at 2pm, not Friday night as mentioned in this preview)

I’m not too concerned about the SM offense. More of a question mark around the SM defense which lost a lot of starters to graduation.

Yes, the BM QB “might” be a challenge for the SM defense, especially it being the first game for SM and their defense losing more starters due to graduation than their offense. Still, using Mann’s performance vs Damonte Ranch would be quite misleading.

BM QB, Brandon Mann, was the backup QB for St. Ignatius (in San Francisco, CA) last year as a sophomore. He played for Leland HS his freshman year. He has a couple of cousins attending BM. While backup at SI, Mann played in 6 games and threw 29/50 for 278 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT and a 71.9 QB rating. He’s a 3 star QB per 247Sports with offers from Nevada, Virginia Tech, and Washington State.

It’s just that Galvan will have more varsity experienced WRs who are very, very good vs the weapons Mann will have for BM.

As referenced in CBS previewing the St Mary’s Rams, Bishop Manogue isn’t even mentioned. The opponents that are mentioned are the next 4 teams the Rams will be going up against: Central Catholic, Marin Catholic, DLS at home, and Bishop Amat (SoCal) at home.

Reactions: aztecpadre
SM did not play BM last year. SM’s QB is not the same as last year. He’s young and was the backup last year as a sophomore. Galvan only played in 3 games and was 4 out of 5 passes complete for 56 yards. Galvan moved up to Varsity last year when former backup QB for SM, Devin Rasmussen, decided to move down to JV for more playing time (before transferring to Edison-Stockton). Galvan just needs to get the ball to his WR’s and watching some of tape, he will do just fine. Now this SM WR core is a one special group!

Sophomore WR Osani Gayles X profile: https://x.com/gaylesosani?s=21&t=LdfedSuEdrcQKNYiuVewpw

Junior WR Kenneth Moore III X profile: https://x.com/kenturx_21?s=21&t=LdfedSuEdrcQKNYiuVewpw

CBS previewing the SM Rams:
View: https://x.com/kenturx_21/status/1825779277826241022?s=46&t=LdfedSuEdrcQKNYiuVewpw
(Note: the game is on Saturday at 2pm, not Friday night as mentioned in this preview)

I’m not too concerned about the SM offense. More of a question mark around the SM defense which lost a lot of starters to graduation.

Yes, the BM QB “might” be a challenge for the SM defense, especially it being the first game for SM and their defense losing more starters due to graduation than their offense. Still, using Mann’s performance vs Damonte Ranch would be quite misleading.

BM QB, Brandon Mann, was the backup QB for St. Ignatius (in San Francisco, CA) last year as a sophomore. He played for Leland HS his freshman year. He has a couple of cousins attending BM. While backup at SI, Mann played in 6 games and threw 29/50 for 278 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT and a 71.9 QB rating. He’s a 3 star QB per 247Sports with offers from Nevada, Virginia Tech, and Washington State.

It’s just that Galvan will have more varsity experienced WRs who are very, very good vs the weapons Mann will have for BM.

As referenced in CBS previewing the St Mary’s Rams, Bishop Manogue isn’t even mentioned. The opponents that are mentioned are the next 4 teams the Rams will be going up against: Central Catholic, Marin Catholic, DLS at home, and Bishop Amat (SoCal) at home.

I mistaked CCHS for SM . BM definitely will provide a game Saturday. With the new additions to BM rooster SM will have their work cut out for them .

I mistaked CCHS for SM . BM definitely will provide a game Saturday. With the new additions to BM rooster SM will have their work cut out for them .
Maybe. But, SM will definitely provide a game on Saturday and BM will have their work cut out for them, especially on defense. Might be a shootout. But, quite confident SM will prevail and their may be more hype with BM's additions to their roster vs SM's existing roster plus a few additions, themselves. The SM WR core will be very difficult to stop, plus I have a feeling the SM RB is going to be a beast (reminds me of former SM RB Dusty Frampton). Mann's brief performance at SI is not so impressive to blow me away. Stay tuned as to what the Rams offense is going to showcase. Their summer camps have impressed many scouts. But, I might be wrong ... still haunted by the game vs Turlock in the playoffs a couple of years ago. LOL.

Maybe. But, SM will definitely provide a game on Saturday and BM will have their work cut out for them, especially on defense. Might be a shootout. But, quite confident SM will prevail and their may be more hype with BM's additions to their roster vs SM's existing roster plus a few additions, themselves. The SM WR core will be very difficult to stop, plus I have a feeling the SM RB is going to be a beast (reminds me of former SM RB Dusty Frampton). Mann's brief performance at SI is not so impressive to blow me away. Stay tuned as to what the Rams offense is going to showcase. Their summer camps have impressed many scouts. But, I might be wrong ... still haunted by the game vs Turlock in the playoffs a couple of years ago. LOL.
Hyped? Take a look at tape of few years of it for the additions on the hype you mentioned. Regardless Saturday it will be a game. You mentioned Si few times in your posts , I have watched the SI tape on both QBs and looked more like politics playing then talent. Have a Fantastic Friday Night Lights! I'm sure we all will be chatting Saturday Night

Hyped? Take a look at tape of few years of it for the additions on the hype you mentioned. Regardless Saturday it will be a game. You mentioned Si few times in your posts , I have watched the SI tape on both QBs and looked more like politics playing then talent. Have a Fantastic Friday Night Lights! I'm sure we all will be chatting Saturday Night
Getting close to Baby Gronk here with the amount of hype going on

I work the chain gang at St. Mary's, and have been for 13 years. I know the weapons that the Rams bring to the field and their philosophy has always been "score, score, score, and catch me if you can!" The Rams are going to put points on the board with their key skilled players a year older playing varsity and from the scouting reports that are out there. The challenge will be can BM keep up with them. We will soon find out.

Going to be interesting this Sat . These guys might have a Squad, don't believe SM has the QB BM has and that might be the wild card . Last season SM I believe won by 1 touchdown and did not have the QB they have today . So should be interesting.
Definitely looks like teams in SFL are down this year besides Folsom. Make senses since most all the transfers went to 1 team. After seeing CC barely win against PV I wouldn’t be surprised if SM struggles, but I’m keeping my same prediction SM by 17.

Folsom should represent the open this year unless they get hit by a massive upset which I don’t see. DLS is in a really good position to go undefeated and win a D-1AA championship but it’s still very early we’ll have to wait and see.

Folsom should represent the open this year unless they get hit by a massive upset which I don’t see. DLS is in a really good position to go undefeated and win a D-1AA championship but it’s still very early we’ll have to wait and see.
IMO, Folsom is definitely in the running for Open this year. But the only other gamse that Folsom has coming up is Serra as a bellwether game and, to a lesser extent, Grant.. The playoffs might help with a game with St. Mary's. This would give three games to compare with DLS.

DLS's game with NFL Academy of London is a non-factor for the Open race in my opinion. That gives them only Serra, St. Francis, Grant and St. Mary's as Open credibility. Overall, this a better schedule than Folsom's lineup. But the mystic of the PLB game plays well for Folsom's bid especially if Poly can turn the corner in their future games.

Serra will only be considered if they can beat Folsom and DLS and play well against MD... And of course master the WCAL gauntlet. I don't see all of these factors happening. In Fact, they may fail at all these factors.

Reactions: THEOC89
As one of the SM homers on this site, I will concur. Yes, the Rams return Kenneth Moore III, Ivan Huerta, Osani Gayles, and Carter Williams, along with 6’3” 320lbs lineman Evan Gaea, whose brother was a standout for last year’s team. And yes, there are question marks at QB and RB, although any of these returning WR’s can run the ball, especially Moore and Gayles. And sure the Rams aren’t returning many starters, and yes, they are young, with even these key players juniors and sophomores, except Gaea who is a senior. But, Bishop Manogue is quite young, as well, with several key players graduated. Their QB, 6’2” Brandon Mann (a junior), who already has a game this season under his belt, could be a threat in the air and on the ground. Mann as a freshman played for Leland HS out of San Jose, CA. But, let’s not let that first game of the season 48-14 win vs Damonte Ranch create much concern. Their top WR Nathan Simmons played JV last year and their RB Nathan Shannon as a sophomore on Varsity had limited playing time carrying the ball 3 times for 13 yards. BM varsity and JV teams easily beat Damonte Ranch last year, which does not speak much volume with their inaugural win this season. St Mary’s is young but more varsity mature. Only first game mistakes (penalties, turnovers) will make this game closer. But, I better be quiet and be humble. Last time I built the Rams up with high expectations (2 years ago vs Turlock) I had to crawl under a rug. LOL! IMHO, what this core set of skilled players for the Rams will bring to the field on Saturday should be fine and just enough to secure the win (lots of speeeeed!!!). This Rams team is not Damonte Ranch! GO RAMS!!!
Where’s that humble pie? Need to get me a slice and find a rug to crawl under. lol 😂

Again, credit Bishop Manogue’s defense which completely shut out the Rams offense in the 2nd half. Kenneth Moore III and Osani Gayles had played well for the SM Rams. But, today’s game just proved that SM did indeed lose a lot of good players from graduation and they have quite a bit of work cut out for them and need other players to step up. That pick at the end when they had a chance to tie the game was heart breaking. It’s quite possible SM starts out of the gates 0-5 before league play begins. And if there is an opportunity for Lincoln to break their losing streak vs SM and for Edison or Tracy to capture TCAL, other than SM continue it’s domination of TCAL, this might be the season. The Rams are very young, unlike last year. But, Bishop Manogue is very young too. It’s not just about having talent, but also execution. Kudos though to the Rams defense which held BM to a single TD in the first half. I really was expecting a shootout. But, wow, was I surprised. SMH! 🤦🏻‍♂️

GO SM RAMS!!! Have faith! Season only just got started. Plenty of football still awaits!

Reactions: bella123
Where’s that humble pie? Need to get me a slice and find a rug to crawl under. lol 😂

Again, credit Bishop Manogue’s defense which completely shut out the Rams offense in the 2nd half. Kenneth Moore III and Osani Gayles had played well for the SM Rams. But, today’s game just proved that SM did indeed lose a lot of good players from graduation and they have quite a bit of work cut out for them and need other players to step up. That pick at the end when they had a chance to tie the game was heart breaking. It’s quite possible SM starts out of the gates 0-5 before league play begins. And if there is an opportunity for Lincoln to break their losing streak vs SM and for Edison or Tracy to capture TCAL, other than SM continue it’s domination of TCAL, this might be the season. The Rams are very young, unlike last year. But, Bishop Manogue is very young too. It’s not just about having talent, but also execution. Kudos though to the Rams defense which held BM to a single TD in the first half. I really was expecting a shootout. But, wow, was I surprised. SMH! 🤦🏻‍♂️

GO SM RAMS!!! Have faith! Season only just got started. Plenty of football still awaits!
The BM QB IS AS ADVERTISED give him the Respect he Earned ! St Mary's is not all you all talked them up to be . Just saying man up and give BM the respect they earned .

Man I watched the SM vs BM game and it was hard to watch. SM looks undersized on the line and in general (size wise not necessarily height wise). The offense couldn't really get anything going. I know it looked cold outside and rainy but man the offense seemed really plain. I'm seeing mismatches that they could have taken advantage of but didn't. I know this is the QBs first starting game, and it doesn't help with those type of conditions but I would like to see some more ways to get it in their playmakers hands vs sweep left and sweep right. Hopefully we see better QB play and better play calling and they can turn this thing around but their schedule doesn't get easier over the next few weeks.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Man I watched the SM vs BM game and it was hard to watch. SM looks undersized on the line and in general (size wise not necessarily height wise). The offense couldn't really get anything going. I know it looked cold outside and rainy but man the offense seemed really plain. I'm seeing mismatches that they could have taken advantage of but didn't. I know this is the QBs first starting game, and it doesn't help with those type of conditions but I would like to see some more ways to get it in their playmakers hands vs sweep left and sweep right. Hopefully we see better QB play and better play calling and they can turn this thing around but their schedule doesn't get easier over the next few weeks.

I try to be objective as I can. BM wasn't a bad football team. I liked their line and their QB did a good job especially given the elements. He did a good job scrambling and ran the ball decent. That said they weren't a great team. Play calling and QB play I felt lost the game for SM. I do think it was more of an indictment on SM vs an anointment on BM. They played better special teams but better football? That's a question. Did you actually watch the game?

I try to be objective as I can. BM wasn't a bad football team. I liked their line and their QB did a good job especially given the elements. He did a good job scrambling and ran the ball decent. That said they weren't a great team. Play calling and QB play I felt lost the game for SM. I do think it was more of an indictment on SM vs an anointment on BM. They played better special teams but better football? That's a question. Did you actually watch the game?
Was at the game and watched , 1 team played better football than the other. Watched a couple of individuals from both teams deliver points and plays throughout the game . The only thing I'm saying is maybe not you, but several people on this chat forum discounted BM and the New QB, etc . 1st time BM has defeated a California team even the the last State Champion team did not accomplish that.

Was at the game and watched , 1 team played better football than the other. Watched a couple of individuals from both teams deliver points and plays throughout the game . The only thing I'm saying is maybe not you, but several people on this chat forum discounted BM and the New QB, etc . 1st time BM has defeated a California team even the the last State Champion team did not accomplish that.
Great win for BM. Next weeks game vs Rocklin should be a good one!

Only 1 game sample but Rocklin seems really explosive this year on O. We know that they always pride themselves on Defense. That will be the key. Can this Rocklin D stop a big talented Manogue offense that has weapons and a great QB. It should be a good one!

Only 1 game sample but Rocklin seems really explosive this year on O. We know that they always pride themselves on Defense. That will be the key. Can this Rocklin D stop a big talented Manogue offense that has weapons and a great QB. It should be a good one!
Going to be A Game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT