ADVERTISEMENT

Quarry Bowl

WWHS44

Hall of Famer
Aug 4, 2007
Rocklin vs. Whitney.
The game intrigued me so I attended....Whitney has a ways to go..this game was controlled by RHS from the get go....27-0 going to the fourth...Ended 27-14.... Whitney QB is athletic but very inaccurate..
Defensive front was solid but other than that the SFL is going to be a rough road.....second half was like watching paint dry...
I should have gone to the OR/Folsom game but got talked out of it....

I kept hearing about what a stud the Whitney QB was but I've watched him since juniors and that word never crossed my mind when thinking about him. He's pretty decent and sometimes a little more than decent but not a stud.

Thanks for the report and I guess the climb for Whitney will be a little longer than earlier reports on here. I was hoping they would step all the way up because it is better for the league but maybe another year.

Rocklin vs. Whitney.
The game intrigued me so I attended....Whitney has a ways to go..this game was controlled by RHS from the get go....27-0 going to the fourth.

I almost attended, too, but getting tickets and decent seating for this game is often a chore. At least it used to be. I haven't attended in a few years so perhaps it's changed?

How loud was the crowd on both sides? In past games the Whitney contingent was loud and obnoxious leading up to the game, but typically were silenced pretty quickly after kick off.

Rocklin is sort of doing to their little brother the same thing that their older brother (Del Oro) did to them for the first 15 games of that series before the Thunder finally started to break through.

Rocklin is 8-2 against Whitney all-time, but one of the losses was the infamous game when they had 8 starters suspended due to an ‘off-field’ incident. That in mind IMO the only time Whitney has truly been the better team was 2011 when they had Jake Rodrigues and Jalen Cope-fitzpatrick.

I almost attended, too, but getting tickets and decent seating for this game is often a chore. At least it used to be. I haven't attended in a few years so perhaps it's changed?

How loud was the crowd on both sides? In past games the Whitney contingent was loud and obnoxious leading up to the game, but typically were silenced pretty quickly after kick off.

Rocklin is sort of doing to their little brother the same thing that their older brother (Del Oro) did to them for the first 15 games of that series before the Thunder finally started to break through.

Rocklin is 8-2 against Whitney all-time, but one of the losses was the infamous game when they had 8 starters suspended due to an ‘off-field’ incident. That in mind IMO the only time Whitney has truly been the better team was 2011 when they had Jake Rodrigues and Jalen Cope-fitzpatrick.

I was at the game and the crowd was packed in like sardines. The whitney cheer section was loud all 4 qtrs and lots of good natured taunts volleyed back an forth. The score ended up being a little closer than what you saw live which was a dominating thunder defense. Credit to whitney they played hard but the QB was terrorized the whole game, and this is one game you wouldn't send tape to college recruiters. The only thing that wasn't right tonight for Rocklin was the abundance of personal fouls that were flying.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Rocklin vs. Whitney.
The game intrigued me so I attended....Whitney has a ways to go..this game was controlled by RHS from the get go....27-0 going to the fourth...Ended 27-14.... Whitney QB is athletic but very inaccurate..
Defensive front was solid but other than that the SFL is going to be a rough road.....second half was like watching paint dry...

Oh you will never live that down. JK. Not to rub it in but one of best games I’ve ever watched. (Folsom vs OR). Literally last seconds... If you haven’t seen OR go watch them this year. It’s worth the price of admission. I don’t think they will roll thru the rest of league either. There are some tough games ahead but I would be shocked if they don’t finish 2nd.

Rocklin vs. Whitney.

Watching just a few clips tells me that Whitney has continued to force the issue with the spread. When you don't have superior athletes you need ways to possess the ball and shorten the game. When you insist on throwing the ball and limiting yourself to one back run game (when you are smaller and weaker than your opponents won't get it done in that league. Folsom can do it because they have the guys.

Being stuck in that mentality (we're too good for a system offense ala Placer, Clayton Valley, whatever) will create a perpetual disadvantage for them. But the QB will get looks, so there's that.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Watching just a few clips tells me that Whitney has continued to force the issue with the spread. When you don't have superior athletes you need ways to possess the ball and shorten the game. When you insist on throwing the ball and limiting yourself to one back run game (when you are smaller and weaker than your opponents won't get it done in that league. Folsom can do it because they have the guys.

Being stuck in that mentality (we're too good for a system offense ala Placer, Clayton Valley, whatever) will create a perpetual disadvantage for them. But the QB will get looks, so there's that.

It was a strange gameplan at least to me. Rocklin gave them a running box all night with 5 guys (4 down, 1 mike). It seemed that whitney was willing to adjust after halftime where they tested an I Form, but for just 2 plays?

Oh you will never live that down. JK. Not to rub it in but one of best games I’ve ever watched. (Folsom vs OR). Literally last seconds... If you haven’t seen OR go watch them this year. It’s worth the price of admission.

For anybody that has an NFHS subscription and didn't see the game, it's available on demand and certainly worth the watch.

I've renewed the yearly subscription for $35 per the past few seasons. IMO the $35 is worth it just for all the playoff games. But I also like it for reviewing teams/games that I wasn't able to see live. Not every school uses it, but there are enough doing it to make it worthwhile. Plus you can watch all other sports over the course of the season, not just football.

The Folsom-Oak Ridge game was frustrating from the stand point that the live stream disappeared before the 2nd half. But I found a way to follow it on a delayed basis and of course can go back and re-watch all I want now.

Attending games is always the best route to go, but the NFHS streams and on demand service is a great way to supplement and also follow multiple games at once.

Come playoff time, the streams are typically more polished and more reliable than during the regular season when the schools are publishing themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT