ADVERTISEMENT

Rancho @ El Cerrito

northbaybbguru

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
I'm contemplating going to the game.

I see EC is getting some love in local rankings, how good are they?
And of course RC is good every yr. but took a pretty big hit in graduation.

I haven't seen either team play what should I keep an eye on if I go to the game? And what info do I need to know?

thanks

North,

El Cerrito is decent on paper they have a lot of athletic and speedy guys this year and some good skill guys , a solid qb but not spectacular. Their defense looks pretty good but their offense looked pretty weak against an inferior opponent though it was their first game .Also EC has a smallish roster so most of their guys plays both sides of the ball.Fatigue may be an issue in a close game.....I think Rancho is probably a notch or two above EC but if EC can slow down Rancho offense it may be a good game.It looks to me that Rancho has a strong passing attack and EL Cerrito's DB's didn't look great last week but they were strong against the run.

El cerrito has scheduled some good games this year besides Rancho they will play Campolindo,a powerhouse school from Seattle Union High ,and Acalanes. Since Rancho,Bishop Odowd,Campolindo,and other teams petitioned up EC will be top 3 or 4 in D3 playoffs .BTW El Cerrito is not a bad place to watch a game

Reactions: northbaybbguru
El Cerrito has some really good talent at the outside positions, but depth and turning talent into on field are legitimate questions.

Should be a good one in the NCS

I'm contemplating going to the game.

I see EC is getting some love in local rankings, how good are they?
And of course RC is good every yr. but took a pretty big hit in graduation.

I haven't seen either team play what should I keep an eye on if I go to the game? And what info do I need to know?

thanks
Hard to tell on Rancho. Beat Sacramento but 6 players got in to fight and were suspended for the game with Rancho. Rancho QB threw 3 interceptions per YSN highlights. Rancho defense is strong and RB Rankin is a load, that should keep them in the game. I would expect Rancho to run with occasional TE pass. I don't think El Cerrito can match Rancho fundamentally, but EC has the edge in athleticism.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT