ADVERTISEMENT

Regionals Semifinal Round

FBAddict

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2002
The semifinal round shows the overall strength of the SJS section and NCS section this year. The CCS did not fair well in this round. The SJS section now leads with 50% of their teams getting to the final championship game followed very closely by the NCS section with 4 of their 9 teams making it to the final round. The CCS section has only one team heading to the championship round this year.

I was expecting to see another close game between Granada and DLS but Granada proved why they are the #1 team in NorCal. We will see what SM has to say about that placement on Saturday. I missed the game, but it sounded like the Mitty @ St. Mary's game was full of fireworks.

I thought we would see CN and SI in the D2 final round but Redwood beat SI to play opposite to CN. I'm still predicting a CN win but I really don't know much about Redwood. They played CN very closely when they met for the final NCS D2 championship.

Modesto Central Catholic is playing some good ball right now. Their first round game was a landslide win. And they mustered a win over J-S. Oakmont beat them in the SJS D3 finals. This should be a good rematch game.

The two other notable teams are Piedmont and Woodland Christian. Piedmont has two very convincing wins in the regional playoffs. They will play Bradshaw Christian for the final game. BC is performing well too. I note Woodland Christian simply because they won both of their regional playoff games with a 10-0 score each. Hopefully Menlo will be a little better match up for them.

SectionTtl1st2ndFinalW%
CCS
9​
5​
1​
11.1%​
CS
4​
0​
0.0%​
NCS
9​