ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan-SHC

Does Valley Christian "hurt the league" by finishing dead last every year in hoops or Riordan's soccer team that loses 18 games a year? I'll save some salt for you for your crow.
I always wondered how Valley Christian can field such good football teams and can not win a league game in basketball. I guess Valley Christian probably thinks the same of us.;)

Does everyone forget the bottom feeders Riordan was for the past 6 years and will be after this year? One good year with a big "recruited" heralded class as freshman. No such classes before or since. And only SHC should leave the league?

Why not give Coach P the same latitude and see how his classes turn out? He has two good ones in a row, but they are only freshman and sophomores. Most of his players on his team right now he inherited from Lee. While there are few top players in the senior class, you can count the contributing seniors on two hands, and both Na and Salazar have been playing at less than 70 percent. The junior class has not much to show for it.

Yes. I as a parent am frustrated by the offense this year but what do you expect when you lose your quarterback after one quarter the first game this year for the year. While Ruiz initially gave them a little boost when he came back, it soon became apparent he was not quite ready. The offense they were running before Stefko was hurt was a lot different than we have seen the last few weeks.

I don't think the SHC admin should wait another 3 years?! to see if they should keep going with Peralta. As I said on this board in years past with Riordan and their crap coaches they needed to cut their losses and move on, not double down on a bad investment. If he truly wants the best for his alma mater he should resign and maybe take over the Frosh team as I know he is liked by the administration and staff. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt to his personnel season after season has been a great disservice to his players and the alums/parents.

With the new CCS playoff format and how the points and seeding are determined (the WCAL is no longer given A+ league designation) it may be best for SHC to remove itself from the league for Football and go to Independent status once again. Hopefully they can petition the CCS to allow them to still be eligible for the A league "Open" division playoffs. I say this for the following reasons:

1. There is precedent. SHC left the WCAL in the 1980's after years of being non-competitive in the sport. They were gone for nearly 20 years and returned with some success the first season back in 2008 (went 4-3 in league). That year only 3 teams had a positive point differentials indicating a down year in the WCAL. SH had a -47 point differential that season. This year 5 teams have a positive point differential indicating a strong year for the league. In fact, this season is the highest rating the WCAL has had in 13 years of CalPreps league ratings.

They haven't beaten a non-SF league team since 2008. Irish Cheers I'm sure can say if they were more competitive before leaving in the 80's than they are now. I don't quite remember but I feel as if they were actually a bit more competitive then they are now.

2. The alumni and school moral were greater during the Independent years. Irish Cheers himself touts the undefeated teams during that era as a source of pride and accomplishment. Seeing the mostly empty stands the past 3 seasons hasn't been a welcomed sight.

3. A maximum of 6 teams per league can qualify for the CCS open playoffs (4 automatic and 2 at large bids based on power points) and thus are eligible for regional and state games. This makes it extremely difficult for SHC to ever make the playoffs if they are to stay in the WCAL. Not only would they have to come in 6th place but they would have to get enough wins throughout the season to qualify for an at large bid based on points. For example 2 league wins and a 6th place finish might not be enough to qualify.

4. Removing SHC from the league would allow for better seeding for the WCAL schools. An extra game to schedule against another A league opponent who potentially could become a league champion would add CCS points and boost seeding rather than playing SHC.

In 20 WCAL games as Head Coach at SHC Peralta's teams have averaged 9 PPG and given up 34 PPG. It is time to move on. Enough is enough.

I think you bring up some good questions for the SHC admin and supporters to consider...All talk, but If SHC wants to be better at football, for one, they will have to invest in a bigger field and try to change the culture. They will need better practice facilities to date since many of the WCAL schools have excellent facilities. For example, when SHC built the gym it really did revamp the basketball programs for the boys and girls. Another example is the great partnership between SHC and the SF Boys and Girls club giving SHC the use of a brand new pool in the district. Of course, I don't want SHC to leave the league for football and I do not see it happening, but if it did, would it be better if we replaced SHC with SHP and SHC joined the PAL league for football? We could still play SI, Riordan and Serra if we wanted? All kidding aside, the WCAL is a premiere league for sports, and football is one of the most competitive there is. No one wants to see kids get beat every weekend but that is the reality for SHC football currently. I think the first step is to get a better field like partnering up with the SF Park and Rec, like Joseph Lang Field for some exclusive use or to use Galileo's football field in the future, if they drop football. All hard questions that will have to be considered with no easy answers. Last but not least, if the decision is to move Peralta down to coach Jv's or frosh etc, who would SH bring in? A long time ago, we had Mike Hologrem, an NFL coach, we didn't win then either. All of these questions will not be solved overnight, in the meantime, we just have to continue with what we have. I agree with Rikfran, who isn't frustrated with losing, but the future already looks brighter and I will have to say Peralta looks like he is bringing more talent in to help his cause if he is to stay.

Last edited:
Does everyone forget the bottom feeders Riordan was for the past 6 years and will be after this year? One good year with a big "recruited" heralded class as freshman. No such classes before or since. And only SHC should leave the league?

Why not give Coach P the same latitude and see how his classes turn out? He has two good ones in a row, but they are only freshman and sophomores. Most of his players on his team right now he inherited from Lee. While there are few top players in the senior class, you can count the contributing seniors on two hands, and both Na and Salazar have been playing at less than 70 percent. The junior class has not much to show for it.

Yes. I as a parent am frustrated by the offense this year but what do you expect when you lose your quarterback after one quarter the first game this year for the year. While Ruiz initially gave them a little boost when he came back, it soon became apparent he was not quite ready. The offense they were running before Stefko was hurt was a lot different than we have seen the last few weeks.

He had a quarterback the previous two seasons in Logan White and the offense was terrible then as well with little to zero passing game. I just feel that someone else should be able to coach the talent that will come up through the lower levels and an Independent schedule suits both the school and the league for the reasons I've stated before. To be frank he doesn't deserve to coach them based on what he's shown the past 3 years.

As far as Riordan goes, I likened them to and undervalued company that needed a new CEO and Board of directors. They had a product (talent) that wasn't utilized and marketed correctly. The shareholders (alumni, parents) suffered. I said for years that all they needed were the right coaching staff (young, creative, energetic) and strength program in addition to a competent administration and they would be fine. You see what happened instantly once those changes were made. Riordan has always had players. They were just grossly under coached and developed. It is still happening today with the Frosh team and if that does not get fixed by next year that I will have real reservations as to whether this season can truly be built upon and sustained for years to come. I have faith that they will make the necessary changes at the Frosh level.

SHC unfortunately is a different sort of company in my eyes. Not only is the CEO not panning out (Peralta) but the product is flawed as well. There simply isn't enough talent to overcome the other obstacles they face. The demographics of the school are not in their favor, as history would support. They have the least amount of boys in the entire league. They have highly successful girls sports teams that use up financial aid that could be allocated to football, and a direct competitor seems to be on a huge upswing (Riordan).

The bottom line is the games are not competitive 95% of the time and the kids are getting demoralized. It is a school after all. Sports are extra activities. Football is not the sport to get moral victories from. They are putting their bodies on the line. Let them schedule a more realistic and competitive Independent schedule. It is the reasonable thing to do.

Reactions: rabbit5

I just realized you, Scottieboy and the moron cheers are right. I apologize. We should give them three to four more years to reap the rewards. The SHC football program is in great shape with a promising future with talent aplenty on the lower level teams despite their records. These past three/seven years are just the platform for future greatness. Please don't change anything and keep the ship and crew pointed in the same direction. I ask all Riordan and other posters to please refrain from critical messages.

Reactions: rabbit5
Does Valley Christian "hurt the league" by finishing dead last every year in hoops or Riordan's soccer team that loses 18 games a year? I'll save some salt for you for your crow.

Irish,
Let me break this down to you...

In the points system Seller Dwellers like SHC in the WCAL, hurt the rest of the league participants as far as gaining points for CIF bids for State Qualifying runs. (See Mr. Direct's post)

This is truly an administrative problem and I am with you in frustration. I was very challenged with Riordan until they revamped their focus and truly became a HS Prep FB program. May it be a flash in the pan, at least it has some sizzle and not fizzle that SHC is consistently producing.

I recognize you as a solid booster for SHC. Again this is a message board call to arms. I would think that you would be posting personal apologies to parents, fans and other alumni instead of re-directing issues that have no barring or connection to this sub-par performance.

History + Performance = ??????

He had a quarterback the previous two seasons in Logan White and the offense was terrible then as well with little to zero passing game. I just feel that someone else should be able to coach the talent that will come up through the lower levels and an Independent schedule suits both the school and the league for the reasons I've stated before. To be frank he doesn't deserve to coach them based on what he's shown the past 3 years.

As far as Riordan goes, I likened them to and undervalued company that needed a new CEO and Board of directors. They had a product (talent) that wasn't utilized and marketed correctly. The shareholders (alumni, parents) suffered. I said for years that all they needed were the right coaching staff (young, creative, energetic) and strength program in addition to a competent administration and they would be fine. You see what happened instantly once those changes were made. Riordan has always had players. They were just grossly under coached and developed. It is still happening today with the Frosh team and if that does not get fixed by next year that I will have real reservations as to whether this season can truly be built upon and sustained for years to come. I have faith that they will make the necessary changes at the Frosh level.

SHC unfortunately is a different sort of company in my eyes. Not only is the CEO not panning out (Peralta) but the product is flawed as well. There simply isn't enough talent to overcome the other obstacles they face. The demographics of the school are not in their favor, as history would support. They have the least amount of boys in the entire league. They have highly successful girls sports teams that use up financial aid that could be allocated to football, and a direct competitor seems to be on a huge upswing (Riordan).

The bottom line is the games are not competitive 95% of the time and the kids are getting demoralized. It is a school after all. Sports are extra activities. Football is not the sport to get moral victories from. They are putting their bodies on the line. Let them schedule a more realistic and competitive Independent schedule. It is the reasonable thing to do.

Agree and disagree...Yes SHC didn't pass a lot either way, still don't pass. Boring you are right. Riordan, SHC, SI, all compete for the same athletes. Each school has their strengths and weaknesses. SHC is a co-ed school, like SI, but SI is a bigger and larger school. Riordan did the best recruiting for this senior class (2016) when Daly was there. The last two classes (2018 and 2019) don't seem so hot no matter how many boys' they have. SHC 2018 and 2019 appear to be very strong...good athletes in football, and baseball for sure. Basketball is SHC bread and butter for now.

I just realized you, Scottieboy and the moron cheers are right. I apologize. We should give them three to four more years to reap the rewards. The SHC football program is in great shape with a promising future with talent aplenty on the lower level teams despite their records. These past three/seven years are just the platform for future greatness. Please don't change anything and keep the ship and crew pointed in the same direction. I ask all Riordan and other posters to please refrain from critical messages.

The only one that should refrain is you. You are the most consistently negative person to roam these boards. Do us all a favor, please take you prescription medicine before you start posting. As an SHC alum I always said here, we didn't win a lot of games but we did the best we could...including take the bus to the polo fields to practice. I don't regret the time and fun I had ever.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I just realized you, Scottieboy and the moron cheers are right. I apologize. We should give them three to four more years to reap the rewards. The SHC football program is in great shape with a promising future with talent aplenty on the lower level teams despite their records. These past three/seven years are just the platform for future greatness. Please don't change anything and keep the ship and crew pointed in the same direction. I ask all Riordan and other posters to please refrain from critical messages.[/QUOTE/]

Last edited:
I will refrain scotty. I was wrong and I look forward to next season and the seasons after while eating crow.

You jack rabbit fans are so full of it, go back on these threads from the last three years and you will find all of the Riordan fans kept talking up this senior class, how they were thumpers, they were going to win, great football athletes blah blah...and you know what they are with the new coach. I am happy for the Riordan program. Irish Cheers and some other SHC fans are just doing exactly what you guys did in the older posts, hoping and wanting a better future, nothing wrong with that. So now, we are delusional to expect better from the program when the current frosh have been very good? Why can't we expect better? You guys are bipolar if we can't think higher of the program when we have no where to go but up.
Mine as well you got nothing to lose,

Hey,

I really wish SHC football had the fight some of their posters have...it would have been a competitive game. Instead of being over after 20 sec. In the first 1qtr.

We Are One...We R Riordan

Hey,

I really wish SHC football had the fight some of their posters have...it would have been a competitive game. Instead of being over after 20 sec. In the first 1qtr.

We Are One...We R Riordan
Drop the mic on J2! Lol!
On to next Saturday. Beat the Lancers!

There was a remark in a post about talent & SHC's apparent lacking of it in regards to posters remarks about the coaching.
I do remember a somewhat talented QB by name of Logan White who was one of the better ones at his postion in the WCALhis junior & senior years. If memory serves me right [which it doesn;t always] White was a 3 year player on varsity which is quite rare in WCAL at that postion. The reason I mention it is I don;t remember the SHC offense looking any different at end of his senior season than his junior year [and wondered why they did not build the offense around such a talent[?]. If anyone has followed this thread I pointed out that SHC did not groom anyone to take White's place his senior year with the back-up #2 QB attempting 1 pass all season. Same situation with St. Ignatius knowing their all league QB Ryan Hagfeldt would be graduating after the 2014 season. SI had no back-up QB who would be returning attempt a single pass during the season. I said prior to this season that this would haunt both teams and that now appears an understatement.
Some fans can point to injuries of potential QB's on both teams, but if the incumbent QB's for this year never completed a pass last season how much confidence could you have in them [?]. I'll say it once more, it starts with the coaches & goes downhill from there at the HS level - not trying to blame anyone, but the coaches come first before the 16-17 year old players as to preparation, game plans and ultimately team success.

[/QUOTE] SHC 2018 and 2019 appear to be very strong...good athletes in football, and baseball for sure. Basketball is SHC bread and butter for now.[/QUOTE]
Throw soccer in there too. Irish played Bellarmine twice and didn't allow a goal. When did that happen last?

Last edited:
There was a remark in a post about talent & SHC's apparent lacking of it in regards to posters remarks about the coaching.
I do remember a somewhat talented QB by name of Logan White who was one of the better ones at his postion in the WCALhis junior & senior years. If memory serves me right [which it doesn;t always] White was a 3 year player on varsity which is quite rare in WCAL at that postion. The reason I mention it is I don;t remember the SHC offense looking any different at end of his senior season than his junior year [and wondered why they did not build the offense around such a talent[?]. If anyone has followed this thread I pointed out that SHC did not groom anyone to take White's place his senior year with the back-up #2 QB attempting 1 pass all season. Same situation with St. Ignatius knowing their all league QB Ryan Hagfeldt would be graduating after the 2014 season. SI had no back-up QB who would be returning attempt a single pass during the season. I said prior to this season that this would haunt both teams and that now appears an understatement.
Some fans can point to injuries of potential QB's on both teams, but if the incumbent QB's for this year never completed a pass last season how much confidence could you have in them [?]. I'll say it once more, it starts with the coaches & goes downhill from there at the HS level - not trying to blame anyone, but the coaches come first before the 16-17 year old players as to preparation, game plans and ultimately team success.
It may sound a little simple, but to me lack of strong line play has led to the demise for Riordan and SHC in previous years. The trench mob deserves a whole lot of credit to Riordans success. If you look at the top four teams year in and out they have had maybe undersized, but well coached defensive and offensive line play.

Reactions: RiordanGael
I just hope the Riordan alums step up and use this years team as a crutch to raise the money to improve their on-site facilities. What more do Riordan booster need to capture needed revenue? They did a nice video last year to push for improvement. Now they have a team that has brought them more attention than they have had since the Toledo days. Crusaders alums step up and use the energy on this board to raise funds. Going after SHC fans is not going to sustain this momentum; this shooting star may soon past.

SHC will not leave the WCAL in football. I am sure they will hold their noses for two more years to see if Peralta and Admission make good on making SHC competitive in football. And by competitive I simply mean, .500 in league and a few wins against SI and Riordan. It is unrealistic for SHC to ever think they can compete for a WCAL title in football.

Reactions: RiordanGael
Lets just put this to rest. SHC is not leaving the WCAL in football. One, if not the most important factor in being allowed back in the league was that they would never leave the league. That is fact. So regardless how many lop-sided games there are in the future, SHC is going to stay. The only thing I see happening would be a super Catholic league would be formed where DLS, Marin Catholic, Moreau Catholic, Bishop O'Dowd join the WCAL. Under that circumstance I envision if SHC played our brother school and ask them to only play their backups and have a running clock.

Reactions: CityVibesII
The only thing I see happening would be a super Catholic league would be formed where DLS, Marin Catholic, Moreau Catholic, Bishop O'Dowd join the WCAL. Under that circumstance I envision if SHC played our brother school and ask them to only play their backups and have a running clock.

Yes, we certainly wouldn't want to embarrass them.

Ever notice Fool-bo hasn't posted a word supporting Riordan since the regular season ended? He even goes out of his way with mock praise of Marin Catholic's current coaching staff just to take a pot-shot at SHC's Ken Peralta. Send that dude some Adderall.

Nobody has to "hold their nose" with the coach the next two years. He gets good players with a coaching staff to match. Just because you guys are impatient (not to mention jealous), doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Sacred Heart Cathedral is a West Catholic Athletic League team whether anybody likes it or not. It's also a laugh that some clowns find it necessary to post records of "Non-SF WCAL records" since whenever. Riordan and SI are league teams too. Yes, it counts.

Last edited:
And lets not ignore the most important fact about these SHC-Riordan threads, FUBO needs help. He spends virtually all his energy putting down SH than he does celebrating Riordan's success. The term for a person like that was mentioned before: Schadenfreude. Really speaks to the character or upbringing of FUBO. Who is brought into this world and wants to see others fail, feel pain, be underneath them? Certainly not anyone who has attended a CATHOLIC school and learned CATHOLIC values.

As poorly the SHC football team has done, equally the Valley Christian basketball team has performed as well. But you dont hear the Mittys or Bellarmines boasting about how VC is terrible in hoops. Not like this clown FUBO who has made it clear he's in need of help. I'll pray for you because this problem you have is much bigger than HIGH SCHOOL football or HIGH SCHOOL. Get help FUBO, SF has programs for people with mental issues.

And lets not ignore the most important fact about these SHC-Riordan threads, FUBO needs help. He spends virtually all his energy putting down SH than he does celebrating Riordan's success. The term for a person like that was mentioned before: Schadenfreude. Really speaks to the character or upbringing of FUBO. Who is brought into this world and wants to see others fail, feel pain, be underneath them? Certainly not anyone who has attended a CATHOLIC school and learned CATHOLIC values.

As poorly the SHC football team has done, equally the Valley Christian basketball team has performed as well. But you dont hear the Mittys or Bellarmines boasting about how VC is terrible in hoops. Not like this clown FUBO who has made it clear he's in need of help. I'll pray for you because this problem you have is much bigger than HIGH SCHOOL football or HIGH SCHOOL. Get help FUBO, SF has programs for people with mental issues.
So you looked up one of those fancy German words and then felt the need to define it so the SHC supporters would understand what you are talking about. I don't like to see others fail or feel pain. Except for SHC football, IAMGEARY, Irishcheers, Ricfran and Scottyboy. I wish the best for everybody else. The reason Bellarmine or Mitty posters don't post about VC hoops is because VC doesn't have moron supporters posting about how good their BB program is and how dominating they will be in 2019.

So you looked up one of those fancy German words and then felt the need to define it so the SHC supporters would understand what you are talking about. I don't like to see others fail or feel pain. Except for SHC football, IAMGEARY, Irishcheers, Ricfran and Scottyboy. I wish the best for everybody else. The reason Bellarmine or Mitty posters don't post about VC hoops is because VC doesn't have moron supporters posting about how good their BB program is and how dominating they will be in 2019.

Which was what you and all the other Reardan posters said for 3-4 years, and it finally came to fruition. Didn't you read enough or see enough TED or other comments??? I guess you don't recall so I just had to remind you.

Are you talking about a teacher at SI named Tim Reardon or the School Archbishop Riordan. Cause if your reminding anyone...I have never seen the former SI r coach of varsity BB ever post here?

Big difference....and believe me I will never comment on spelling(lol)​

Last edited:
Hahahaha Classic post J2 about "never commenting about spelling". This thread is crazy long. Who do we play again this Saturday? Lol

Are you talking about a teacher at SI named Tim Reardon or the School Archbishop Riordan. Cause if your reminding anyone...I have never seen the former SI r coach of varsity BB ever post here?

Big difference....and believe me I will never comment on spelling(lol)​
REAR-dan became a joke with some of the Riordan supporters, like I said before, you are a newcomer to norcal preps, at least with the RiordanGael name but I don't pretend to know. This talk by Riordan supporters have been going back and forth, matter of fact, for the last 3 years, about how great the frosh were when they came and how they were going to dominate, etc. But when an SHC person says the Frosh is looking pretty good, the same Riordan supporters are basically saying who cares and Frosh talent doesn't mean anything?? Congrats to Coach Fordon for getting the pieces to work together at Riordan.

Scott,

I am not a newcomer to NCP, but I will leave that alone for now. To be candid with you, many posters have noted serious concerns for your FB program. I may suggest turning your insight back to your program and bring it more focus, preparedness and maybe a kiss of hope.

Unlike you or others posters, I have never hidden end who I am or what I say, "mean what you say & say what you mean". But if the misspelling of Riordan was your most direction pun toward Riordan supporters...C'mon Man???

Now the Predications are out for this week, ask the wives to make comfort food. Try to get others to actually show up at your game and actually support you students. I can give testimony of statement of lack of self esteem and discouragement from players & parents.

Whatever was said, someone back it up.....

As to Riordan Gael, here is a reference from the board moderator at donscentral.com (USF website) to him and his postings on the St. Mary's site (he has been banned from posting on the donscentral site):

If, oh picking out a random name, Dior Lowhorn's dad posted on this board with nothing but hate and lies about a different program over and over and over again, he would get the benefit of the doubt for a bit, then warned, then chastised, then banned. It is kind of up to the SMC side to make that happen in this situation. Minus the general trash talk between two local teams, it all comes down to one person. He not only hates this board, but posts lies where he is trying to hurt USF as a program.

Go Irish! Go Dons! Go Bellarmine Knights!

Caller what is your point...I am a Riordan and Gael fan....I will also add Spartans to that.(lol)

I do have a lot of respect for Bro. Ron currently at SHC, since he was the former President at SMC. And maybe he can help sort through SHC challenges in Administrative clarity of the Football program..."God, it needs Devine intervention & help" (lol)

I am not excited about the direction and performance of the Dons-BB and find that SHC FB has some of the same challenges? Maybe some posters at SHC-FB are like the Don-BB supporters and okay with that greater than 31point losses, since both of them have been getting those of recent outings...i have a term for those type of programs, "Seller Dwellars"

I find that in any posted information that some deem as "call to carpet" are dismissed as lies or not truths . It is when a programs like SHC posters or Dons Central message board moderates can't or don't want to recognize the poblems or issues they are experiencing.

As far as being banned from a message board a complianent from that group...thank you DC(lol) It is interesting that a Message Board of a winning program encourages post of information...thus "RiordanGael"

But this is separate issues....College and HS. NCP is a message board about HS...last time I checked NCP was HS. So again..."caller what is your point"?

If you recall, this thread is about the complete unpreparedness of SHC Football last week. OMG, have we gotten away from the discussion of the need for SHC to improve their program.

But you brought "Jsquare "....back

C'mon Man

Last edited:
OMG, have we gotten away from the discussion of the need for SHC to improve their program.

That's like Nancy Pelosi advising the GOP on how to win elections. I'll have to leave it up to Riordan's administration to do something about their embarrassment caused by RG-Square, Fool-bo and Rubbit5.

(BTW, it's "cellar". Just want you to get that right when the Cottentailed players return there).

@Gearyblvd Fool-manure has a sick obsession. He's been pulling this crap for years now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rikfran
Maybe it should be like the MSU football standing up and making a point re: the Administrative Indifference....

We Are One...
Riordangael

So I thought J2 was just stirring the pot, but I guess feathers have been ruffled and there is some legitimacy to this xfer nonsense as administrators from ... are calling the other school administrators from...things that make you go hmmmm on a random Wed afternoon. ;)

Peralta deserves a handful of years. Came into a tough situation and will get over the hump. They will not be at the top of the WCAL, but there is talent on the lower levels and they should produce some wins the next couple of years. If they get into the playoffs, they will have a great chance of winning a title

If mediocrity is what you want, then mediocrity it is! Good luck SHC you will need it.

I hope it is not a flash in the pan. San Francisco can use some upbeat sports news.
CCSF won... Go Rams!

And, yes, the team across the street IS a flash in the pan. You'll see the results soon enough.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT