ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan v Serra

so whats more satisfying.. a norcal title or wcal title. i will take aau and win a norcal and possible state then a league title
A WCAL title when only the top 4 teams advanced and only the champion went on to sectional, with maybe the runner up getting an at large. Then I move on to baseball and appreciate the athletes that play multiple sports.

Ccs sets the maximum amount of games that a team can play at 24 before any league playoffs or sectional playoffs. Some leagues play 12 or 14 or even 16 league games. So the rest are the amount you are alloted for your preseason. It’s up to the coach to decide how he wants to spread those out. A team making a deep run to NorCal or state playoffs after sectionals will play 30 games or more

Thanks for posting this. You titled the video Pump Fake. I saw four Serra jump stop ball fakes that they converted and a few opportunities where they could have used a few more. Next time you see Coach Tofi ask him how many times he has heard that.

Missed seeing Rapp on the court, LOL, hopefully he recovers well with what ever he is going thru. Thanks for posting the highlights. Great crowd, and if I am a veteran coach in the WCAL I am working the hell out of the ball offensively running sets.

And man a 7 footer in the WCAL, that doesn’t come around often. His highlights reminded me somewhat of a guy who was a tad shorter, not as athletic, Jay Webb from Mitty.
Video don't lie. Bigs jumping out of their shoes for the block, not boxing out and being out-hustled on the 50/50 balls. Too many times Riordan players losing their man on D, holding their hands up to the air to the ref as the Serra players race down the court to score or set up their offense. Dribble penetration switching D needs work. WCAL coaching is very good. Let's see how Riordan responds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT