ADVERTISEMENT

Rivers Commits to Fresno State

Bubba3000

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2012
Does anyone know how well of a fit Ronnie should be in the Bulldogs system? FSU is where his dad attended and his sister is currently enrolled. He's been waiting on this and it appears on paper that FSU is probably his best offer.

http://prep2prep.com/feature.aspx?ArticleID=17692

On another note, I got to see freshman Antoine Custer play in person this year and he looked really good. I have no idea about academics at Eastern Washington University but from a football standpoint, I think Custer made a really good decision going to EWU. He had a Pac12 and low end Mountain West offers, but he ultimately chose the Big Sky. The reason I think this was smart is because Custer isn't put together like an every down back. The vertical passing game at EWU will allow him to catch passes out of the backfield and run against 6 and 7 man fronts designed to limit the pass. He's also a very good return man.

Last edited:
I think Rivers will do well at Fresno State and is a good pickup for Tedford to pick up early (why didn't the last staff offer him?) Tedford has had success with smaller backs

I think Rivers will do well at Fresno State and is a good pickup for Tedford to pick up early (why didn't the last staff offer him?) Tedford has had success with smaller backs

No idea why it took them so long to offer a talented player with legacy? I shake my head every year when I see the local kids Cal and SJSU fail to offer. Fresno have that Nor-Cal disease, too?

A <5'9" RB that is not proven at JUCO, is hard to project at the FBS level. Guys like Pumphrey are outliers. Custer, just like Dunne, Knowles, others are mid-major D1s. No shame in that as PT comes much earlier than Jr to RSr years. Custer will flourish for EWU with Troy Taylor calling O. Heck, they beat DDs Cougs this year.

No idea why it took them so long to offer a talented player with legacy? I shake my head every year when I see the local kids Cal and SJSU fail to offer. Fresno have that Nor-Cal disease, too?

Especially for the Dogs as DeRuyters brother lives in The Ramon. Tedford, as much as people knock his NorCal recruiting when he was at Strawberry, has deep ties to The Bay. Alumni QB returns to his Alma Mater. Good bounce back.

A <5'9" RB that is not proven at JUCO, is hard to project at the FBS level. Guys like Pumphrey are outliers. Custer, just like Dunne, Knowles, others are mid-major D1s. No shame in that as PT comes much earlier than Jr to RSr years. Custer will flourish for EWU with Troy Taylor calling O. Heck, they beat DDs Cougs this year.

RB is one of the few positions that 5'9" isn't a real disadvantage. Weren't guys like Emmitt Smith and Walter Peyton 5' 9" or so?

Rivers will be a great back at FSU and I anticipate two 1000+ seasons on the ground. Watching him play live against Pittsburg was electrifying. Friends say he's a high character kid which goes a long way with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT