Ryan Hamilton: Aragon grad named new Carlmont baseball manager

Where Are They Now

Sports Fanatic
Sep 6, 2011
Alamo
FEATURED
Ryan Hamilton New Carlmont Baseball Head Coach
  • By Nathan Mollat Daily Journal Staff

Ryan Hamilton was a two-year standout at Aragon in 2006 and 2007. He was recently hired as the new Carlmont manager and given his family connections to the Scots, it’s a dream come true for Hamilton.

When Ryan Hamilton graduated from Aragon in the spring of 2007, he knew he didn’t want to necessarily play baseball collegiately.
Turns out, he wanted to coach. Hamilton, 31, last month was named the new varsity baseball manager at Carlmont High School.
He replaces Rich Vallero, whose contract was not renewed after the 2020 season was shuttered. Despite being an Aragon alumnus, Carlmont has always held a special place in Hamilton’s heart

“I was over the moon with joy when I got the word from Pat (Smith, Carlmont AD),” Hamilton said. “Carlmont means a lot to me. Something a lot of people don’t know is, all my aunts and uncles went to Carlmont. My parents were high school sweethearts (at Carlmont). I went to daycare right above the baseball field.
“It was a dream of mine to be a head coach at Carlmont. I’m thrilled it ended up happening this way.”

He takes over a Carlmont program that has been among the best in the Peninsula Athletic League for the last 15 years. Since 2006, Carlmont has won eight PAL division titles (one in the Ocean and seven more in the Bay Division), with four runner-up finishes. The Scots won five straight PAL Bay championships from 2013 to 2017.

See more here https://www.smdailyjournal.com/spor...cle_d5660d74-ecc3-11ea-a323-6b9e07afa8ad.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT