ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Lyons - 5 Star

SJS Lord

Superstar
Nov 23, 2022
Saw on twitter this morning he’s going to be the #6 ranked player in the country according to Rivals for 2026. He could go down as the highest ranked player to ever come out of our area when it’s all said and done.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
Saw on twitter this morning he’s going to be the #6 ranked player in the county according to Rivals for 2026. He could go down as the highest ranked player to ever come out of our area when it’s all said and done.
I think this is Folsoms year for the open!,… If The Lyons Hype is legit and he can pass, I don’t think any of Nor Cal’s Best can beat that offense with his running….

I think this is Folsoms year for the open!,… If The Lyons Hype is legit and he can pass, I don’t think any of Nor Cal’s Best can beat that offense with his running….
On paper I agree. They were already going to be good but with a couple of these transfers they should be clear number 1 to start followed by DLS and Pitt.

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre
Agree. Folsom will be absolutely loaded. Lyon's is the real deal. Has the entire package and his legs make him even more dangerous. Folsom should be favorites to make open from North.
I've said it before. Lyons will likely reclassify after this season.

Reactions: THEOC89
Saw on twitter this morning he’s going to be the #6 ranked player in the county according to Rivals for 2026. He could go down as the highest ranked player to ever come out of our area when it’s all said and done.
In the mid 1990's, Del Oro's Randy Fasani was the top QB and #1 recruit in the country as rated by Parade Magazine and USA Today

I don't believe that's possible, as Kevin Willhite was already a consensus #1 overall recruit back in the day. He was rated higher than Marcus DuPree and Bo Jackson for pete's sake.

Kinda hard to top #1. Best someone can do is tie ;)

While Lyons is a dynamic player, don't forget about Reeve Slone too. We've got 2 really good QB prospects in the SFL for the next couple seasons (potentially).

Reactions: SJS Lord
Yeah he will be certainly highly recruited but we've been blessed with some absolute studs in sac area. Lots of proven pros recently who were also highly recruited. Arik Armstead, Shaq Thompson, Jonah Williams, Lance Briggs, Jake Browning, etc etc. Lyons is special. He will be exciting to watch next year.

I don't believe that's possible, as Kevin Willhite was already a consensus #1 overall recruit back in the day. He was rated higher than Marcus DuPree and Bo Jackson for pete's sake.

Kinda hard to top #1. Best someone can do is tie ;)

While Lyons is a dynamic player, don't forget about Reeve Slone too. We've got 2 really good QB prospects in the SFL for the next couple seasons (potentially).
Fasani did not light up the field at Stanford, mostly due to injuries.

Yeah he will be certainly highly recruited but we've been blessed with some absolute studs in sac area. Lots of proven pros recently who were also highly recruited. Arik Armstead, Shaq Thompson, Jonah Williams, Lance Briggs, Jake Browning, etc etc. Lyons is special. He will be exciting to watch next year.

While he attended and graduated from DLS, people seem to forget that DJ Williams was from SAC also. The rest of his family were Grant Pacers … Derwin, Channing, Gerwin, and Worrell.

DJ was definitely among the greatest HS players from this area.

You also forgot to list Donte Stallworth, Onterrio Smith, Troy Taylor, and Tedy Bruschi.

Still, none were more highly rated than Kevin Wilhite.

More recent history, Shaq Thompson ended up No. 4 in the country by Rivals.com

One helluva player. Perhaps the most versatile. Kid could play anywhere on the field, even QB.

“He can play left, he can play right, don't make no difference. He can block, tackle, score the touch down, snap the ball, and kick the extra point. Hell, the boy will fill up the Gatorade cooler, walk the dog, and paint your back porch. I'm telling ya, the boy can flat out play football.

And he can pass!”

One helluva player. Perhaps the most versatile. Kid could play anywhere on the field, even QB.

“He can play left, he can play right, don't make no difference. He can block, tackle, score the touch down, snap the ball, and kick the extra point. Hell, the boy will fill up the Gatorade cooler, walk the dog, and paint your back porch. I'm telling ya, the boy can flat out play football.

And he can pass!”
I remember Shaq’s senior year he had to take over at QB most of the season and dominated. He was also pretty good at baseball too. One of the best athletes to come out of Sacramento.

I remember Shaq’s senior year he had to take over at QB most of the season and dominated. He was also pretty good at baseball too. One of the best athletes to come out of Sacramento.
Didn’t he go like 0-30 with 29 Ks in his minor league baseball foray? Seem to remember something like that. Great football player though.

Didn’t he go like 0-30 with 29 Ks in his minor league baseball foray? Seem to remember something like that. Great football player though.
That rings a bell lol. That was an odd time why he was even playing in the minors when he had NFL written all over him.

Your rumors are true. He is a 5 star now on Rivals.

View: https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/ryder-lyons-285102

247 sports he doesn't even show up though. #1 player in CA on both rivals and 24/7 sports is a Mater Dei wide receiver and son of former NFL WR Chris Henry (RIP). Mater Dei sure knows how to develop their athletes. They have several players in the top 20 CA prospects on both recruiting websites.

Your rumors are true. He is a 5 star now on Rivals.

View: https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/ryder-lyons-285102

247 sports he doesn't even show up though. #1 player in CA on both rivals and 24/7 sports is a Mater Dei wide receiver and son of former NFL WR Chris Henry (RIP). Mater Dei sure knows how to develop their athletes. They have several players in the top 20 CA prospects on both recruiting websites.
Mater Dei knows how to develop their athletes? They get the best players out of the gate. They have players from all over the country including NorCal. They don’t need to do much developing as they’re already studs to begin with.

Mater Dei knows how to develop their athletes? They get the best players out of the gate. They have players from all over the country including NorCal. They don’t need to do much developing as they’re already studs to begin with.

It’s more like, Mater Dei knows how to recruit and steal athletes OTHER programs developed. Just like IMG. LMFAO.

And he can pass!”
MOJO!!

Reactions: ThunderRam
While he attended and graduated from DLS, people seem to forget that DJ Williams was from SAC also. The rest of his family were Grant Pacers … Derwin, Channing, Gerwin, and Worrell….

Watched Channing Williams and Ricky Jordan led Grant squads dominate the gridiron, the hardwood and the ballfield their Senior years. Simply dominant athletes in the same school’s graduating class!

Reactions: ThunderRam
Watched Channing Williams and Ricky Jordan led Grant squads dominate the gridiron, the hardwood and the ballfield their Senior years. Simply dominant athletes in the same school’s graduating class!

I was super young while they were Pacers, but I still remember them.

Channing was during the Bob Vukajlovich head coaching era, while Coach AL was still the head baseball coach (and also assisting with football).

IIRC Ricky Jordan went on to play for the Phillies.

One of my cousins played at El Camino during the early 80’s so I had the privilege of following HS sports back then. Kevin Wilhite, Vince Delgago, Channing Williams, Brian Brown, Tracy Johnson, Donald Hair, Marc Hicks, etc. Lots of great RB’s back then. Many of whom played a multitude of sports.

Reactions: aztecpadre
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT