ADVERTISEMENT

Sac’s best teams and players

vukovich

Sports Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
let’s get some dialogue going on this upcoming year. I didn’t want a ton of summer hoops so I will do my best.

Teams:
1. Sheldon and nobody seems to be that close.

2 I guess CC they return a ton from a very young group.

From there I see a group of teams who are probably pretty close.

Franklin
Rocklin
Jesuit
Folsom
Sac hi
Grant.

I will start the players off with bagley and Silva clearly being quite a bit better than anyone else.

According to Norcal Preps Top 40 Seniors if you just listed Sac players you have

1 Marcus Bagley SHELDON
2 Xavion Brown Sheldon
3 Evan Johnson Capital
4 Jacob brown Oak Ridge
5 Pierce Davis Sheldon
6 Marquis Hargrove Franklin
7 Darren Tobias SHELDON
8 Josh Williams Sheldon
9 Xavier Brown SHELDON
10 AJ McGee grant
note Dontrell Hewlett SHELDON not ranked due to being out during summer

Top Juniors
1 Isa Silva Jesuit
2 Corey Yeager Grant
3 Chico Lewis Capital
4 Sion Lose Capital
5 Yaru Harvey Sheldon
6 Brandon Ruthoford Jesuit
7 Caden Flowers Capital
8. Chris Holley Jesuit
9 Brandon Fisher SHELDON
10 JADEN Leali Sheldon

Reactions: coachlittle
Isa Silva starting to separate himself after a huge summer. He could be one of the biggest recruits at the guard position to come out of Sacramento in a long time. He is arguably the best player in sacramento regardless of class.

No, Jesuit is a big step down from Sheldon. But trust me when I say this... There isn't a player I would rather watch than Isa. His feel for the game is off the charts. Silky smooth and deceptive quickness/athleticism.

Can someone with knowledge of both compare Davion Wrights game to Xavion Brown? 1st time seeing Wright and he reminded me of Brown alot

I like Silva also, but I like Xavion Brown better. Battle tested, and has guarded elite players. He changes games. When guys are nationally ranked I want to see it, and not just when your playing with a loaded travel squad. He will have his chance twice against Sheldon, as I'm sure he will be guarded by Brown. I know he has ton of offers which is cool, but for him to be put in the talk of Sac best guards Sacramento has had he has a lot of work to do.

My Top 10 for Sacramento as of September 4:

1. Sheldon
2. Capital Christian
3. Franklin
4. Folsom
5. Jesuit
6. Grant
7. Sacramento
8. Rocklin
9. Oak Ridge
10. Burbank

All-City Team (good guards, but almost no size this year)

Isa Silva Jesuit
Xavion Brown Sheldon
Corey Yerger Grant
Davion Wright Franklin
Marcus Bagley Sheldon

Bagley... That’s Sheldon’s big wild card... Remember, we’ve never really seen him at 100%.

If proves to be as good as has been hinted at, Sheldon could very well be good enough to win State Open, Sierra Canyon University or not...

Even if Bagley doesn’t make it all the way to full health, Sheldon is no doubt the odds-on favorite in NorCal.

Reactions: Mr. Direct
My Top 10 for Sacramento as of September 4:

1. Sheldon
2. Capital Christian
3. Franklin
4. Folsom
5. Jesuit
6. Grant
7. Sacramento
8. Rocklin
9. Oak Ridge
10. Burbank

All-City Team (good guards, but almost no size this year)

Isa Silva Jesuit
Xavion Brown Sheldon
Corey Yerger Grant
Davion Wright Franklin
Marcus Bagley Sheldon

Streak , OR lost a lot from last years team. They return brown who is a stud but if they are top 10 sac hoops is way down.

Silva and Brown aren’t in the same class/league. Silva ceiling is so high. Sorry not a good comparison.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Streak , OR lost a lot from last years team. They return brown who is a stud but if they are top 10 sac hoops is way down.

Silva and Brown aren’t in the same class/league. Silva ceiling is so high. Sorry not a good comparison.

I agree. I’d replace them with Woodcreek or Del Campo.

well yes they are It's a good comparison, of the two players, considering they are the same age. Silva is an older 2021. In fact he may be older then Brown. Brown has elite level athleticism. If he can get just a little of a shot it will be curtains for people

well yes they are It's a good comparison, of the two players, considering they are the same age. Silva is an older 2021. In fact he may be older then Brown. Brown has elite level athleticism. If he can get just a little of a shot it will be curtains for people

One is a national recruit and potential 5* and the other is a borderline d1 player. Not really a comparison. Every high school coach would love to have Brown he is super athletic and an elite individual defender. He’s also a 6-2 wing who has limited ball skills and is an awful shooter.

I dont think they are that far off from each other, X has been working on his jumper and if he can shoot it at an average rate the gap has been closed. They both played with each other in the 8th grade on the same team with Jabri and Will McClendon that was a scary team.

Reactions: superle
I dont think they are that far off from each other, X has been working on his jumper and if he can shoot it at an average rate the gap has been closed. They both played with each other in the 8th grade on the same team with Jabri and Will McClendon that was a scary team.

That’s a heck of an aau team. I am curious to see how Josh Williams senior year and recruitment goes. I think he is somewhat overlooked he has decent size and athletic ability and shoots the ball pretty well.

exactly on all points.

QUOTE="von60118, post: 240919, member: 662"]I dont think they are that far off from each other, X has been working on his jumper and if he can shoot it at an average rate the gap has been closed. They both played with each other in the 8th grade on the same team with Jabri and Will McClendon that was a scary team.[/QUOTE]

That team’s (PHPS) games versus that loaded 2020 soldiers team were always fun to watch. X feels taller than 6’2 and I agree Josh Williams is overlooked but unfortunately that’s the byproduct of being at Sheldon. I’m very interested to see how Marquis does on that Franklin team with Wright.

exactly on all points.

QUOTE="von60118, post: 240919, member: 662"]I dont think they are that far off from each other, X has been working on his jumper and if he can shoot it at an average rate the gap has been closed. They both played with each other in the 8th grade on the same team with Jabri and Will McClendon that was a scary team.
[/QUOTE]

What position is X in college? His complete lack of outside shooting could be overlooked a bit if he was a pure point guard but he is not that either. At this current time his rankings and recruitment or lack there of speaks to the holes in his game.

One thing for sure X when engaged is one of the premier on ball defenders in the country. Seen him clamp guys like Jalen Green and Gianni Hunt. Not sure isa can do this . Also Von you said X and Isa played on the same 8th grade team . Guess you can tell LArry Legend they are probably the same age.

X, reminds me of Naseem Gaskin ( Odowd) who went Pac 12 before Montana move. Great athletes needing to add some skills to their package.

After #1 any of those teams can beat each other on a given night. One team I would definitely add is Inderkum. They won their league over Woodcreek last year and are loaded. They have added a couple of nice additions.

After #1 any of those teams can beat each other on a given night. One team I would definitely add is Inderkum. They won their league over Woodcreek last year and are loaded. They have added a couple of nice additions.
Inderkum is always tough but John John there best player, parents moved and he transferred

One is a national recruit and potential 5* and the other is a borderline d1 player. Not really a comparison. Every high school coach would love to have Brown he is super athletic and an elite individual defender. He’s also a 6-2 wing who has limited ball skills and is an awful shooter.

Vuk for you to question X’s ball skills is ludacris.

He’s a very good basketball player.... he’s an awful outside shooter. If you can’t see that you are mentally challenged.

Ding ding! Bingo. To even compare to Silva right now is crazy as well. Different players and skills. Silva big time prospect.

X shot has gotten better and if he shoots it with confidence watch out. The scary part about him is that he can guard the 1-3 position and lock them down defensively. He probably will end up as a Pg though and reminds me alot of Rando.

Reactions: superle
Inderkum is always tough but John John there best player, parents moved and he transferred
He was their best athlete, but not their best player. Plus they have added a couple of very good additions. Dont be surprised if they win league again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT