ADVERTISEMENT

Sac-Joaquin Section Seedings Link for NFHS

Well, they did not place themselves as the #1. An the backloaded schedule wore them down in a few big games.

(no comment on the duck ... early)

Reactions: M.C. fan
I’m not familiar with Central Section but how in the world is St Joseph a #3 seed???? Don’t think it will matter as they will beat both Clovis teams but that’s not right

I had to look up if there was another St Joseph’s in Fresno or Clovis that I had never heard of before.

Nope. This maybe the strongest no 3 seed in the history of CA basketball. And they have to go on the road against probably Clovis North and West.

Unacceptable

Welcome to the Central Section chat on the SacJoaquin Section thread.
Re: St Joseph. The league strength held them down, a look at weekly rankings in the CS bares that out......... But agree, with the "national" schedule they played, I think the human element should have outweiged AI.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Not speaking on any specific situation, but I don't like when teams are punished for playing in a weak league that is usually out of their control. It isn't hard to do some leg work (or outsource the leg work) and find out that a really good team in a weak league is...wait for it...still a really good team.

Yeah... Defending section AND NorCal champs, national schedule, arguably the top player in-state, almost certainly in-section. Their only losses coming to teams that are ranked in the national Top 20. One of those is in Southern section Open. Sounds like a section #3 to me... Well, not 'xactly.

Even with that, though... Just play and beat whomever they put in front of ya. If you run out of people to play, you're champ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT