ADVERTISEMENT

Sac State football

Very interesting.

Coaches need to take control and let people know who is in charge but this sounds like a straight up stereotype by a coach who doesn't understand his surroundings.

Article talks about the 15-16’ seasons, but last year they were 7-4 with the same coach?

So definitely some inprovement with the staff and without those players. Not sure if that’s a coincidence?

Article talks about the 15-16’ seasons, but last year they were 7-4 with the same coach?

So definitely some inprovement with the staff and without those players. Not sure if that’s a coincidence?

What are they now? 2-4?

One of their wins is over a D2 team (St Francis) and they just lost to a previously 1-4 Cal Poly team, 41-27. Only win is over a 0-6 Northern Colorado team. Fan base is not pleased.

One of their wins is over a D2 team (St Francis) and they just lost to a previously 1-4 Cal Poly team, 41-27. Only win is over a 0-6 Northern Colorado team. Fan base is not pleased.

Interesting story, I've been under the impression that Jody Sears and his staff are an upgrade for the Hornets. They had a good team last year and started out like a ball of fire last Saturday night against Cal Poly. It seems like they either got away from their offensive game plan or the Mustangs made good adjustments on defense? One thing that stood out to me was their sporadic quarterback play. Obviously Cal Poly would prefer to be better than 2-4 at this point in the season. However, keep in mind that their four losses came to #1 North Dakota State, #4 Eastern Washington, then #7 Weber State and then #14 Montana. Pretty rugged schedule to say the least.

This was supposed to be a big year for Sac State with so much returning, but hasn’t happened so far.

This was supposed to be a big year for Sac State with so much returning, but hasn’t happened so far.

In their defense they've had their share of injuries thus far......I'm here to tell ya their running back Dotson is the real deal.

Last edited:
I think the surprise has been that their offense has not been nearly as productive as last year. Same QB, and Dotson is really, really good. Their defense last year really got after it, and they seem good this year but not the same as last year. I'm a Davis guy and think Sears had them moving in the right direction; maybe the defections are a short-term hit, but long-term positive in building a winning program. Surprised that story was in their school paper. Had a little taste of sour grapes in it (like the writer may have been friends with players who left?)

Reactions: Bubba3000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT