ADVERTISEMENT

Sacred Heart Cathedral vs. St. Ignatius at AT&T on The Cube

It is part of a double-header at AT&T Park. Pacific v. U.S.F. second game. Not for the Bruce-Mahoney Trophy and on a weekday (so numbers will be down)but a nice experience for the kids. Last years weekend date and for the Trophy brought a very good crowd. Proceeds to the Dante Benedetti Foundation. A worth-while cause.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
It is part of a double-header at AT&T Park. Pacific v. U.S.F. second game. Not for the Bruce-Mahoney Trophy and on a weekday (so numbers will be down)but a nice experience for the kids. Last years weekend date and for the Trophy brought a very good crowd. Proceeds to the Dante Benedetti Foundation. A worth-while cause.
More tradition for Fool-bo, Rubbit5 and other ignorant slobs to be jealous about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott2138
More tradition for Fool-bo and Rubbit5 to be jealous about.
Were you at the game loser? I saw maybe 10 SHC fans. It was an embarrassing showing even for SHC. Your tradition of losing consecutive WCAL football games, over the last four seasons, sure isn't anything to be jealous about.

Were you at the game loser? I saw maybe 10 SHC fans. It was an embarrassing showing even for SHC. Your tradition of losing consecutive WCAL football games, over the last four seasons, sure isn't anything to be jealous about.

A lot of people were watching the girls' win a State Championship at Sleep Train arena...Fool.

A lot of people were watching the girls' win a State Championship at Sleep Train arena...Fool.
You call that pathetic turnout "a lot"! You and the mental midget are delusional. Ask anyone who was at Sleep Train how small the SHC crowd was. For a state championship game! The girls deserved better.

What kind of crowds does anybody expect on a Thursday at 2:00 anyway? Fool is just a sniveling, jealous idiot.

Yes, you're jealous of a girls basketball team. Not to mention football, baseball, basketball, soccer and anything else SHC clobbers Riordan in. Get a boys volleyball team and a lacrosse team so we can beat them too.

Last edited:
Jealous of a girls basketball team? I think your school is a great school for female athletes and dancers. I'm not jealous of your 22 consecutive game WCAL football losing streak. Pitiful and embarrassing.

Jealous of a girls basketball team? I think your school is a great school for female athletes and dancers. I'm not jealous of your 22 consecutive game WCAL football losing streak. Pitiful and embarrassing.

Perhaps we can see how many games your baseball team loses this year, you could always find something else to be jealous about SHC besides the women there...

Last edited:
Perhaps we can see how many games your baseball team loses this year, you could always find something else to be jealous about SHC besides the women there...

Riordan's baseball team is currently working on its 15-game WCAL losing streak.

"They should just drop baseball or leave the league to help with other teams' seedings in the CCS. We could easily replace Riordan with SHP".

Sound familiar? I didn't see them drop soccer after their 133-game winless streak or their 77-game losing streak. (I'm sure ARHS-tats has the exact number).

UPDATE: Dec. 11, 2021: SHC 4A State Champs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott2138

USF's new field is ready. So while Rubbit5 and Fu-hat have to watch home games in that makeshift ballyard where people have to be careful not to park nearby, the wind tunnel is blowing and the sun is in everyone's eyes, the Irish will be playing WCAL home games in a brand new facility.

USF's new field is ready. So while Rubbit5 and Fu-hat have to watch home games in that makeshift ballyard where people have to be careful not to park nearby, the wind tunnel is blowing and the sun is in everyone's eyes, the Irish will be playing WCAL home games in a brand new facility.

Will the place be in San Fran or a neighboring city again?

Will the place be in San Fran or a neighboring city again?

SHC Baseball will be at the University of San Francisco for WCAL home games and at Westborough Park for non-league home games. I hear the school will be improving that field as well but I think there are solutions in San Francisco.

Last edited:
How does the new field look on the Hilltop? Looks like progress is finally being made at my alma mater in regards to facilities. Now about that gymnasium, it certainly is and will never be an arena that will attract high mid major players ;) .....now if they put money in Kezar with the pub across the street, is a win win!

Sacred Heart Cathedral baseball on the rise in tough WCAL
By Mitch Stephens

April 11, 2016 Updated: April 11, 2016 6:23pmIt claims two of the most famous baseball alums in Bay Area history, Hall of Famers Joe Croninand Harry Heilmann.

But succeeding at America’s pastime in the West Catholic Athletic League, regarded as one of the best leagues in the state, has long been a big challenge for Sacred Heart Cathedral.

For the first time since the late 1990s, the Irish (12-3) have climbed into the Metro rankings following twoWCAL wins last week, 2-1 over then-No. 2 Bellarmine on Tuesday and a 3-1 win at No. 3 Serra on Friday.

The eighth-ranked Irish (12-3) play games at Mitty (10-6) and Riordan (5-9) this week.

“It’s a good week for us for sure, but it’s a good week for anyone,” SHC coach Brian Morgan said. “Playing, let alone beating, Bellarmine and Serra back-to-back, is no picnic.”

It sure tasted sweet over the weekend for Morgan, who has coached the Irish the past 16 seasons and coached at St. Ignatius, his alma mater, for 10 years before that.

“I’ve been in the WCAL as a coach and player a long, long time,” he said. “It’s definitely a challenge. You can be a very good team and lose a bunch of games.”

The Irish lost eight seniors off last year’s team and have five sophomores playing major roles, so this wasn’t supposed to be a breakout season.

But with superb pitching (0.50 ERA), good defense, timely hitting and “doing all the little things,” SHC has surprised even its coach.

In the win over Bellarmine, Diego Gonzalez fired a four-hitter with seven strikeouts and sophomores Martin Chavarria and Eric Casillas had RBI singles.

Against Serra, winner Justin Choy got relief help from Chavarria and Marty Cole, another sophomore, to limit the Padres to five hits. Junior outfielder Aedan Leary-Vallejo had three hits and drove in two runs for the Irish, who are hitting just .238 as a team.

Gonzalez (5-1, 0.58), a 6-foot-3, 200-pounder, and Cole (3-1, 2.14) lead the way. Leary-Vallejo (.342) and Erik Ochoa (.333) are the only .300 hitters.

The Irish are trying to win their second Central Coast Section crown, the other in 1998 with a Division II title. They also placed second in 2001.

“I don’t know how this will all shake out, but right now we’re on a roll and it feels great,” Morgan said. “I heard from a lot of former players and Irish supporters over the weekend. We hope to keep it up.”

How does the new field look on the Hilltop? Looks like progress is finally being made at my alma mater in regards to facilities. Now about that gymnasium, it certainly is and will never be an arena that will attract high mid major players ;) .....now if they put money in Kezar with the pub across the street, is a win win!

I've been advocating for years to see a new Kezar Pavilion. It seats 10,000 as it is. They could put a nice 10-12,000 seat arena that wouldn't take up much more space than the current building does and add some decks of parking. It will do wonders for college and prep games. The City will probably wait until it literally falls apart.

Glad the Dons have a new coach.

I've been advocating for years to see a new Kezar Pavilion. It seats 10,000 as it is. They could put a nice 10-12,000 seat arena that wouldn't take up much more space than the current building does and add some decks of parking. It will do wonders for college and prep games. The City will probably wait until it literally falls apart.

Glad the Dons have a new coach.
Good lord we agree on something...;)

Incredible! Envious that I didn't have that field while playing on the Hilltop. LOL Nino wears my favorite # too, 32. Thanks for sharing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT