ADVERTISEMENT

Salesian beats Heritage in Foundation Game

Also two days ago, St. Francis of Sacramento beat West Campus, 76-62 in a Foundation game at St. Francis.

I heard O'Dowd beat St. Joe's late in their Foundation game.

50-48 Bishop O’Dowd

Tyra Hamilton made last bucket to seal the deal. (1.2 was remaining after )

Any idea of how the coaching is in these games? Is it played like a real game? Does everyone get in the game in the first 3 quarters, then go for the win at the end? Set rotations? Limited playbook? Etc.

I'm sure its a case by case basis, and even if you were there, it might be hard to tell (unless you have insight in the teams rotations), but I always just wonder. There seems to be a couple surprise scores in those foundation games every year. Never seen one but I assume most coaches must keep their cards pretty close to the vest until the season starts

I think it really depends on where you think your team is and what your schedule looks like. If you feel every game is going to be a challenge, you might use the Foundation game to let everyone play, because the rotation might be really tight for a while.

Or, as mentioned, you might try to see what your team looks like going all out.

Or go all out for a half, then experiment the second half.

It's just like summer or fall ball -- the results are interesting, but far from definitive.

Reactions: dnambisan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT