ADVERTISEMENT

Salesian-Folsom

Mrbig864- agree. In other words I think Salesian shot out of this world and still didn't win the game. I didn't feel that this was a fluke at all. Sometimes you have these so called "upsets" and the underdog plays out of this world. I didn't walk away with that. i really think Folsom is every bit as good. Great season for Salesian. really a top notch program.

Reactions: concrete17
The number 1 and #4 seeds are gone in the South Open after 1 round. In D1 South the #2 seed is also gone after the opening round. Anything is possible all the remaining programs in the North have good roster talent and good coaching.

Really at times too much hype in the top ranking teams and the top rated players. The so called best don’t always win “this is why we play the Game”.

New England Patriots vs Philadelphia Eagles in the 2018 Super Bowl, need I say more?

This Folsom victory are what make high school basketball so great. I was definitely picking Salesian to win and didn't think it would be close.

I was surprised at how easily Folsom was able to score against Salesian. I wonder if Salesian's lack of a lot of close games ended up hurting them because they weren't in many games where it was close at the end. They were almost too dominant this year.

Reactions: thekingera
Frankly Forbes stepped it up, that was the key, Salesian has played against zones all Year and their staff has won multiple state titles. I know how good Forbes is, and he didn't play that way against Sheldon. They attacked the rim and had numerous dunks. Apparently he did what a major competitor does, put it pass him and redeemed himself. Folsom and the pride have great staffs. Forbes was difference in this game, and that bottom line. Forbes! Huge bounce back.

Frankly Forbes stepped it up, that was the key, Salesian has played against zones all Year and their staff has won multiple state titles. I know how good Forbes is, and he didn't play that way against Sheldon. They attacked the rim and had numerous dunks. Apparently he did what a major competitor does, put it pass him and redeemed himself. Folsom and the pride have great staffs. Forbes was difference in this game, and that bottom line. Forbes! Huge bounce back.
He will need another repeat for them to pull off the upset. If they can do it, they could have a shot at the whole shobang!

Forbes messed around and got a triple double..... 13, 14, 11... Wow. Best performance I've seen by him. He was dominant. Overall best player on the floor the way he changed the game. Akinjo had a really hard time scoring at the rim in the 2nd half. Better learn to pull up more because in the big east that stuff is getting thrown back as well. People forget forbes had an offer from the #1 team in the country... Virginia. There is a reason for that.

I kept hearing how good Salesian D was... I didn't see it. Folsom had no trouble getting shots they wanted. I think Sheldon would have had similar results to be honest.

As for Folsom they have 4+ kids that will play in college at D1, D2 level. And they have a big soph who will be a national recruit in football. They are very talented. Sheldon game should be amazing.

Akinjo is playing in Big East?

i saw Folsom play in our gym this year and after the game i remarked to their coach(Wall) that i thought they were a much quicker team than the one that had Ford on it and he agreed. i am not at all surprised that they could score on Salesian cause they have plenty of speed themselves

I do believe that I called Folsom over Salesian. The only game that I called wrong was Bellarmine over MC which I thought was going to happen when they were up 35-27 in the 3rd quarter. Also, Folsom over Salesian was not an upset in any shape or form. I honestly think those were the best 2 teams in NorCal. Folsom may have a more difficult time coming out of the North than Salesian had Salesian won last night, but I will stick by my prediction that Folsom will make it to the State championship game ultimately falling to a loaded south team. Should be 2 very good semi final games on Tuesday!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT