ADVERTISEMENT

Salesian, Sheldon in Idaho

Amani Johnson puts one in at the buzzer after a wild scramble in the paint…. 42-37 Pride after 3 quarters.

Johnson again with a putback and 1…

but Hillcrest gets a corner 3to fall. 47-43.

Hillcrest has a BYU commit named Isaac Davis…. Looks like a football type, but he’s skilled, quick, and nimble.

49-45 Pride…. 4:05 left.

oops, hillcrest turnover…. Salesian with the rock and 1- point lead…. Jiminez drains a 3! Salesian by 4….

1:40 left.

Now a Salesian foul, Isaac Davis with FT’s…. first good, time out. 1:19 left.

clanks the 2nd,,, Salesian with ball and 3-point lead…

Pass inside to Jiminez, fouled…. FT’s good, 1:00 left. 54-49.

Salesian foul, Hillcrest’s Sutton nails both FT…. 54-51.

Clayton gets to the rack, he’s fouled…. First FT good, 2nd missed, but he Pride come down with it…. Claytor fouled, at the line, nails both…. 57-51.

Jiminez fouls Sutton on a 3, 3 shots…. all good, time out with 20 seconds left. Salesian 57-54.

Salesian has it coming out of the timme out.

(I’m guessing Jiminez is getting a time-and-score lecture on that bad foul…)

Pass to Claytor fouled, 2 shots…. 16 seconds left. First good, 2nd nope…

Hillcrest rebound, charge downcourt, 3-ball up and GOOD! 58-57. Salesian with the ball and 1-point lead. I think they said something like 5 seconds on the clock.

Pass gets to Claytor, he’s fouled immediately…. FT’s good.

No time outs for Hillcrest, they race downcourt, desperation heave…. NO!

Salesian wins 60-57.

Salesian has it coming out of the timme out.

(I’m guessing Jiminez is getting a time-and-score lecture on that bad foul…)

Pass to Claytor fouled, 2 shots…. 16 seconds left. First good, 2nd nope…

Hillcrest rebound, charge downcourt, 3-ball up and GOOD! 58-57. Salesian with the ball and 1-point lead. I think they said something like 5 seconds on the clock.

Pass gets to Claytor, he’s fouled immediately…. FT’s good.

No time outs for Hillcrest, they race downcourt, desperation heave…. NO!

Salesian wins 60-57.
Salesian plays Centennial Corona in the championship game at 1:30 MT. This has been a really good tournament with good basketball played by all. Centennial beat two very good teams, Pocatello and Madison, to make it to the championship game. Salesian beat the two-time 4A defending champion, Hillcrest, and the 5A state runner-up and host team, Owyhee, to make it an all California championship here in Idaho. Should be a very good game.

Salesian plays Centennial Corona in the championship game at 1:30 MT. This has been a really good tournament with good basketball played by all. Centennial beat two very good teams, Pocatello and Madison, to make it to the championship game. Salesian beat the two-time 4A defending champion, Hillcrest, and the 5A state runner-up and host team, Owyhee, to make it an all California championship here in Idaho. Should be a very good game.
If you are streaming, pls Post Updates🙏🏿

I tried to watch the replay on NFHS last night, but it kept freezing.

Hopefully, it’ll work better today.

Salesian playing like the best TEAM in NorCal right now. Very tight man D the entire 94 feet, offense swings the ball, constant motion/cuts and kick outs to open shooters . Boxes out taller opponents and their hustle wins the 50/50 ball. Very impressive

Reactions: ayalar09
Salesian playing like the best TEAM in NorCal right now. Very tight man D the entire 94 feet, offense swings the ball, constant motion/cuts and kick outs to open shooters . Boxes out taller opponents and their hustle wins the 50/50 ball. Very impressive
53 to 45 Salesian. 4:45 left

Open division state title game potential
Not a chance in hell right now for Cen10. They are way to me first and will have a tough time with likes of Harvard Westlake. Salesian and De La salle have both beat them by double digits now
Salesian and Branson are the two best teams in NorCal right now so I could see Salesian in ship.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Salesian can make the case that they are the best Non-Prep team in all of California right now.

Probably the most impressive start to a season I’ve seen in years by a Norcal team.

Branson right up there too.

But in SoCal, St John Bosco, Harvard Westlake, junipero Serra Christian and Roosevelt are all very good teams.

Going to be a fun season of basketball. Wish we had a Salesian/De La Salle matchup before NCS, but I guess we’ll have too be patient!

Salesian can make the case that they are the best Non-Prep team in all of California right now.

Probably the most impressive start to a season I’ve seen in years by a Norcal team.

Branson right up there too.

But in SoCal, St John Bosco, Harvard Westlake, junipero Serra Christian and Roosevelt are all very good teams.

Going to be a fun season of basketball. Wish we had a Salesian/De La Salle matchup before NCS, but I guess we’ll have too be patient!
What is Junipero Serra Christian???🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
I was actually at the game, took my 5’10 13 yr old nephew - who will be playing basketball this spring- to see them play ..as we all moved up here from foothills…and we both felt that salesian was the more cohesive team..centennial is very athletic but salesian controlled temp, passed a ton to get open shots and the game never felt in doubt..saw the 4th qt of the game just before and just different dynamic..i was impressed by Owyhee hs team (who hosted the event) but you can see why these two teams made the final…

I was actually at the game, took my 5’10 13 yr old nephew - who will be playing basketball this spring- to see them play ..as we all moved up here from foothills…and we both felt that salesian was the more cohesive team..centennial is very athletic but salesian controlled temp, passed a ton to get open shots and the game never felt in doubt..saw the 4th qt of the game just before and just different dynamic..i was impressed by Owyhee hs team (who hosted the event) but you can see why these two teams made the final…
I hope he has played prior to now... if not he has a long hill to climb. Also don't let them put him in the post. It will severely stunt his development

Wow, Salesian was really impressive...

Just now looked at their Damien Classic Platinum bracket... That tourney is super-loaded...

Platinum Bracket

They could meet Centennial again in the 2nd round.

Give me SJB vs. Salesian in the top half….will be a really good game if it occurs.

Give me DLS vs. Roosevelt in the bottom half…..Branson got a really tough draw in Game 1 against a very good Roosevelt team

I’ll go all NorCal final of Salesian vs. De La Salle

Serra is the #1 ranked team in California

Sorry I meant Juniperro Serra Catholic…they beat Roosevelt in a double OT thriller. Currently sit 12-0.

They will be participating in the Torrey Pines Classic which I believe occurs at the same time as the Damien.

Isn’t Harvard-Westlake #1?

Harvard-Westlake has gotten so good that they are having a tough time scheduling quality opponents. They are beating some good opponents but the avg margin of victory is in the 35-40 range per game.

I think in SoCal, they will be hard to beat. Maybe SJB. Maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT