ADVERTISEMENT

Scorebook Live

Norcal_Fan

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2001
As many of you know, VB playoffs start next week. Just to see what the format looks like, I went to look at how the interface looks. SO CONFUSING! It's just basic meat and potatoes...no rankings and just limited information.

I really can't believe they picked this format over Maxpreps. MP wasn't perfect, but a lot easier to navigate. smdh

Last edited:
Reactions: OnBall8
They picked Scorebook Live so each section could have its own rating system, rather than everyone use the same one.

This means not only we will be unable to compare California teams with out-of-state teams, we will be unable to compare them with teams in different sections.

They picked Scorebook Live so each section could have its own rating system, rather than everyone use the same one.

This means not only we will be unable to compare California teams with out-of-state teams, we will be unable to compare them with teams in different sections.

how do they do this? is there another interface with the formula that EACH section uses? This is so stupid...or is it?

how do they do this? is there another interface with the formula that EACH section uses? This is so stupid...or is it?

It sounds pretty shortsighted to me. Why do they feel the need to have each section have its own rating system? Was there a problem having everyone use the same system? Did it work too smoothly for them?

Many of the sections didn't like certain aspects of the MaxPreps rating system, feeling that maybe it emphasized margin of victory too much, or didn't credit road wins enough. There has never been anything specific, but the sections didn't want a system imposed on them -- which I agree is completely asinine give the history of CIF's decision-making process.

Supposedly all the formulas would also be public (MaxPreps' is proprietary), but I couldn't find a volleyball formula on the NCS site, nor any ratings.

As far as I can tell, part of the issue is Scorebook Live, which had only worked in the state of Washington before and now has to manage all the schools in California, and part of it is the sections moving slowly to implement the changes. This was exacerbated by the fact Scorebook Live didn't officially take over until Sept. 1.

Hopefully, it will all smooth itself out over time, but right now, it's not pretty ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT