ADVERTISEMENT

Scorebook Live

personalogic

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2003
Since Scorebook Live is now the official "digital content" provider for CIF, it would be great if our girls' basketball programs would make sure their schedules, scores, and rosters are complete and up to date. Don't forget your frosh and junior varsity teams, and all tournament games.

It would also be great if scorebook live created a product comparable in quality to MaxPreps.

I’ll continue using MaxPreps daily and scorebook live only when I have to. Maybe think about hiring someone who knows how to build a equivalent product.

I lived in Oregon when Scorebook Live was in its planning stages some 10 years ago. Heard a radio interview of the former Portland Trailblazer Dan Dickau (remember him? Didn’t thonk so...). He was involved with this new scorebook idea... HEAVILY involved, apparently still is. He was selling away in the interview, saying this new company planned to GIVE iPads to any coach who wanted to do this automatic score/stats thing.. Claimed to have a million tablets ready to go. It was gonna be the greatest thing ever, automatic scores and stats going online immediately, as games were happening.

Weellllll, we’re *jussssssssst* a little short of that, huh? I doubt we’ll ever get there... too many issues, ie. Gyms without wifi, fer instance...

But maybe they’ll come kindasorta-ish semi- close someday...

But what the CIF reallly needs to check out is Oregon’s website... OSAA.org is EXACTLY the way to do it!

It would also be great if scorebook live created a product comparable in quality to MaxPreps.

I’ll continue using MaxPreps daily and scorebook live only when I have to. Maybe think about hiring someone who knows how to build a equivalent product.

I don't think use of a content provider is a matter of personal preference in this context. The idea is to have a single point of information access for coaches, administrators, parents, players and fans. Regardless of the merits of a particular provider, if that's where CIF says the information should be, that's where it should be.

Since Scorebook Live is now the official "digital content" provider for CIF, it would be great if our girls' basketball programs would make sure their schedules, scores, and rosters are complete and up to date. Don't forget your frosh and junior varsity teams, and all tournament games.

Haha, you sound like a scorebook live employee. Yeah, wouldn’t it be great for us to invest our time and effort into making their app and company more valuable. All I am asking is that they at the very least match Maxpreps in quality and usability. It is a inferior product... therefore I will continue update Maxpreps, the more popular choice people are using... and when I get around to it once in a while I will update scorebook live.

Reactions: CW Golden Eagles
Its a state deal...all sections are forced to use it.

Haha the key word being “deal”. Strictly a money grab by someone in the CIF. You would think the least they could do is kick coaches down some T-shirt’s or iPad’s lol like the other guy said.

Haha, you sound like a scorebook live employee. Yeah, wouldn’t it be great for us to invest our time and effort into making their app and company more valuable. All I am asking is that they at the very least match Maxpreps in quality and usability. It is a inferior product... therefore I will continue update Maxpreps, the more popular choice people are using... and when I get around to it once in a while I will update scorebook live.

I agree it's totally inferior but there's the problem...coaches aren't updating it so of course it's not a good product. Maxpreps never "kick coaches down.." things. Why should SBL? From what i've heard from AD's, it's supposed to rival max preps in the coming months with their rankings and formulas (each section has their own). I think it was too quick too soon...you never want to have an unfinished product release and heard that there's been a lot of problems since creating it. smh

Reactions: Coach_Case

I think that coaches would probably do best by keeping both systems fully updated, at least until Scorebook Live becomes more widely known as the approved content provider. Kind of a pain, but the best way to make sure player and program information gets where it needs to. Pretty sure that pouting about it in a public forum is not the answer.

I think that coaches would probably do best by keeping both systems fully updated, at least until Scorebook Live becomes more widely known as the approved content provider. Kind of a pain, but the best way to make sure player and program information gets where it needs to. Pretty sure that pouting about it in a public forum is not the answer.

why even use max preps if it's not even being used in NCS. If I was a coach and had to input double and one for on the the vein?

Call it “pouting” or whatever you want, more coaches are on my side of this issue.

The lack of content / information on Scorebook Live compared to MaxPreps is my evidence.

Call it “pouting” or whatever you want, more coaches are on my side of this issue.

The lack of content / information on Scorebook Live compared to MaxPreps is my evidence.

LOL who cares if more coaches are on your side? I"m not arguing...grow up. FYI I hate scorebook live. But that doesn't change the fact that YOU have to do it at some point unless your not qualifying for NCS then it's all good

LOL who cares if more coaches are on your side? I"m not arguing...grow up. FYI I hate scorebook live. But that doesn't change the fact that YOU have to do it at some point unless your not qualifying for NCS then it's all good
Why you mad tho?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT