ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages this week who's going and where?

Indianpride45

Sports Fanatic
Dec 6, 2015
Alhambra holding one with Wood on Friday. Foothill with CV Friday as well. Antioch hosting Campo, Napa, and Northgate Saturday. Pitt hosting Logan, Concord, and MC. Anybody going and any thoughts?

DLS hosting the "Catholics" in Marin Catholic, Archbishop Riordan and Bishop O'Dowd on Fri night.

Alhambra holding one with Wood on Friday. Foothill with CV Friday as well. Antioch hosting Campo, Napa, and Northgate Saturday. Pitt hosting Logan, Concord, and MC. Anybody going and any thoughts?
The Alhambra meet with Wood is on Sat. ..the varsity is at 9:30, JV 10:30 and the freshmen 11:30...

Anyone know of Vacaville scrimmaging anyone or hosting one? Will Wood also be hosting one as well or entering more? Thank you

Dan... Your Bulldogs might have one heck of a team this year!!! They were very, very young last year and still hung in there with the powerhouse schedule they had, I can only imagine that youth will pay dividends the next couple years.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Vacaville, Pleassant Grove, Turlock and Inderkum at Inderkum.

Should be fun to see where everyone stacks up. Have heard that Turlock might have their best team ever, P.G. is supposed to be loaded...and Vacaville is Vacaville, full of studs, speed and great coaching!

And now from the other side of the great teams in action - Bret Harte is hosting Ripon Christian, Galt, Summerville, and Golden Sierra on Saturday.

Dan... Your Bulldogs might have one heck of a team this year!!! They were very, very young last year and still hung in there with the powerhouse schedule they had, I can only imagine that youth will pay dividends the next couple years.

I hope you're right, I really liked how they almost beat Napa with a young team last year. That game and the game at Pittsburg really showed the potential my Bulldogs have with a more experienced team this season.

GO VACAVILLE BULLDOGS!!!
DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE!!!

I coach at Inderkum so I don't follow Vacaville like you (Dan12Kings) but they have a great staff, as does Napa. Sometimes you have down years with talent, bad breaks/injuries or just an awkward year with so-so character or even lack of leadership. The best PROGRAMS are always there in the end....year in and year out, Just like you DOGS!

I will be at the 6pm St Francis scrimmage against Homestead High. Nice and cool.

I'm at Palma at ST Ig. SI has a little over 30 on team Palma is average size at mid 40s. Getting started soon.

From what I saw of first teams (both played lots of backups - most of scrimmage). SI looks very down this season. QB is okay and receivers run nice routes, a couple big linemen. However, defense looks very soft as do lines - neither offense or defense fired out. Overall SI didn't seem to have much speed. When Palma had first team offense and defense in - SI was overmatched. SI's offense was going negative yards for the most part. They made a couple nice lays. SI only had success in last minutes when 3rd teams were in. Both second teams were competitive with each other. I think based on SIs schedule and lack of depth (30 players), they will have a tough season and may win only one game if that. Palma offense is balanced - their RB E. Martinez is looking stronge than last season - tough to tackle and was dragging players 5-10 yards. Palma QB has funky release on passes but accurate and they were passing quite a bit. Palma first team defense was stout and quick. OL/DL Dalman is a load on both sides of the ball. I actually was impressed by SI second / 3rd string QB who really had a nice deep pass (although against Palma 3rd team). SI first strong QB had nice spin and accuarate. It just looks like SI doesn't have many play maker/ game breaker types. Palma's second RB Telford looked really good....fast and cut on a dime...had some nice runs. Palma first team didn't play much other than QB got reps with the second team. Palma will be pretty good, but lack depth on the line, and Q if they lose any players. Several play both way on this team. Palma will again be favorite in their league and SI given schedule is looking like they will have a tough year. They did have a couple big linemen, but not dominating types.

Reactions: jordan24
Couldn't make it to the Vacaville at Inderkum scrimmage, as I had to work overtime. I won't miss the opener that's for sure. Hope they had a good scrimmage tonight with no injuries.

GO VACAVILLE BULLDOGS!!!
DEFENSE.. DEFENSE.. DEFENSE!!!

Vacaville, Pleassant Grove, Turlock and Inderkum at Inderkum.

Should be fun to see where everyone stacks up. Have heard that Turlock might have their best team ever, P.G. is supposed to be loaded...and Vacaville is Vacaville, full of studs, speed and great coaching!
Wow! This is a really interesting scrimmage! What kind of offenses do PG & Turlock run? Thank you!

Wow! This is a really interesting scrimmage! What kind of offenses do PG & Turlock run? Thank you!

PG was mostly 10 or 11 personnel out of the gun, lots of passing.

Turlock was similar personnel but pistol with lots of fly motion and some wing t variations of buck sweep or power. A little bit of option/read. Good athletic QB. Physical team, D-line was probably the most game ready and best unit in the scrimmage.

Vaca- physical defense and good physical Oline play.

Inderkum- We're not very worthy of our preseason accolades. We could end up being good but are very far behind from where we have started past seasons. We're extremely young and still learning the offense and which way to step.... Can't wait to play a dominant Elk Grove team lol

PG was mostly 10 or 11 personnel out of the gun, lots of passing.

Turlock was similar personnel but pistol with lots of fly motion and some wing t variations of buck sweep or power. A little bit of option/read. Good athletic QB. Physical team, D-line was probably the most game ready and best unit in the scrimmage.

Vaca- physical defense and good physical Oline play.

Inderkum- We're not very worthy of our preseason accolades. We could end up being good but are very far behind from where we have started past seasons. We're extremely young and still learning the offense and which way to step.... Can't wait to play a dominant Elk Grove team lol
Results? Thank you and way stay humble!

Humble is very easy with our group right now lol.

Results: From what I remember....
IHS 3/4 PG 0
IHS 2/3? Turlock 1
IHS 0 Vaca 0

Last edited:
Anybody attend this scrimmage? Let's hear your thoughts. What about Najee?

I wasn't there I heard he played very little. Also was told a kid from Napa put a good lick on him and he didn't play again. Not because of injury or anything, because no point in getting him hurt in preseason.

Humble is very easy with our group right now lol.

Results: From what I remember....
IHS 3/4 PG 0
IHS 2/3? Turlock 1
IHS 0 Vaca 0
Wow! Very interesting with Indy & Vaca! Interesting indeed. How did Vaca do against Turlock & PG? Thank you mistark!

Anyone get at Bellarmin scrimmage? Interested in how they "look" and how they will do this year. They had a very good team last year.

I'm particularly interested in the Bellarmine/ Del Oro game. Hoping to see another great game like last year with a different result:)

Anybody attend this scrimmage? Let's hear your thoughts. What about Najee?

I wasn't there I heard he played very little. Also was told a kid from Napa put a good lick on him and he didn't play again. Not because of injury or anything, because no point in getting him hurt in preseason.

I friend of mine attended the scrimmage. He told me that Najee barely played but when he did he was unstoppable. He said the difference between this year's and last year's team will be the playmakers outside of Najee which Antioch apparently has many. He said this year's team looks to be faster and more athletic.

I friend of mine attended the scrimmage. He told me that Najee barely played but when he did he was unstoppable. He said the difference between this year's and last year's team will be the playmakers outside of Najee which Antioch apparently has many. He said this year's team looks to be faster and more athletic.

Like I said I wasn't there and no doubt he was unstoppable. But I did hear a Napa kid got a solid shot on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT