ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question from a SoCal Football Fan

Nobody is whining. I think people just want transparency.

Everyone and their mom knows what is going on. To come on here and deny it and act like those schools are winning simply out of nobility is pretty silly.

Would you agree?
i mean if you exposed the ugly truth why worry if others admit to it. nobody on here works for the schools so really nobody on here needs to admit to anything.

Reactions: THEOC89
This article specifically addresses the known usage of host families by SJB and MD. Are you denying this too?

“It started when they hired Jason Negro,” Sondheimer said. “He’s the one who created this way of doing things and winning to attract players. It was Rollo [Rollinson], who hadn’t won a championship since before 2000, who didn’t want to recruit. But he saw Bosco’s success and decided, ‘Screw this.’ So he adopted the St. John Bosco way of doing things — to get in touch with youth football coaches and host camps before bringing in kids left and right.”

The recent CIF rule lets students play immediately when transferring schools if they are able to move their residence. This includes staying with a host family for the school year or football season before transferring back to their original schools second semester. Roggin said Mater Dei and Bosco have let that happen."
So your proof is some guy said it in the newspaper without providing any evidence so it must be true 😂
As far as the two kids their families took advantage of a loop hole in the rules to their benefit.Show me the evidence of MD knowledge of their plans.
I don’t work on conjecture or innuendo

Just to be clear- you are denying ALL of this? None of this occurs whatsoever at any of these schools?
Just like everyone on these message boards I have no idea what ,where and how these schools operate.I’m certainly not going to make all encompassing statements that I have no idea if they are true or not.. like I’ve said show me some real proof and I’ll believe it

Just like everyone on these message boards I have no idea what ,where and how these schools operate.I’m certainly not going to make all encompassing statements that I have no idea if they are true or not.. like I’ve said show me some real proof and I’ll believe it
his source
- trust me bro

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89 and ararar
There are literally multiple kids EVERY season coming in for a semester, playing, and leaving. This doesn't even address the kids staying all year with host families! There have been multiple articles written by SoCal authors about all of this. It isn't a secret.

The fact that you are even denying this is laughable at this point. Just admit it and move on lol. Asking people for names at this point just makes you look silly. This has all been public knowledge for years.

Nobody is whining. Nobody really cares. It's the lying and denial that is the issue.

The SoCal excuse train follows this exact book:
1. Deny it happened
2. (When presented with proof) "Well it was only 1 or 2 kids!"
3. (Presented with more proof of more kids) "You're just whining, get better!"
4. Deny it happened
Only everything you're saying is literally not true. It doesn't happen and has never happened.

Are you saying the authors of all these articles have zero evidence and don't know anything? I didn't write any of that. This came from professional writers in your back yard.
That’s exactly what I’m saying because if they had real evidence they would have turned MD in to the SS.So why didn’t they? It’s no secret the author of these articles is an unabashed hater of MD ever since they sued the SS into submission.

It's even funnier when you are usually the first person to point out when 1 or 2 kids move from one area to another, to attend a HS in NorCal, while subsequently denying the vast scale of transfers, 1 semester wonders, and host families going on in your backyard.
Blatant lie

Evidence for what?
Everything that was written
Just peoples opinion with no substance.
if it isn’t illegal then why bring it up? Why write an article about perfectly legal actions.?
anyways I’m still waiting on your names and places of these host families that regularly have 100 mile kids.
Should be easy with it being in the paper and all 😂

The article about the Rancho Cucamongo kids provided two names and details for kids who went to MD for 1 semester. and transferred back home for the spring. Are you saying this is a lie? Those kids and parents openly spoke about it lol
I’ve already addressed that

Ah. I concede. I see it now. :)

So just a few kids taking advantage of a loophole? Isolated incident only at MD? Makes sense.
It’s not just MD I defend on these allegations.I challenged the poster who claimed illegal tweets by the Pittsburg coaches to produce them and I got nothing but silence.
It’s nothing different than when people point fingers at the Reno express to Folsom.Is there any factual evidence of rule breaking? I haven’t seen any.

Zero rule breaking.

However- your past posts are pretty rich calling out schools like Folsom for the "Reno Express" when the "Rancho Cucamonga Express" ain't even settling in for an entire school year :)
Yes I do that because you do this
Pretty straight forward
If they are nefarious than so are you

One family making a permanent move for THREE kids to attend one school all 4 years is a HUGE different from:
You mean multiple families from Reno don’t you
Most who didn’t attend 4 years lol

anyways this common knowledge and there isn’t any reason to rehash

I think the DLS game with Saint Francis is at 00’s field this year?. I live about 25 minutes away. Hopefully I can meet you and all the others.
If I still have my job.......but please don't have too high of expectations.
I have met several posters from this Board as well as the Spartanhood over the years; all good guys who share their love of the sport and pride of their kids.

Last edited:
so is there a way to change the demographics so the talent up north can improve? Can we make it a little more cheaper to live in the bay area for starters maybe? I think it has to do with those people in charge and environmentalists that are against construction. Maybe you guys up north should stop voting in that direction.

just my 2 cents.

The more I read this thread. The more I understand why I prefer small town football. REAL high school football. Friday night lights football. I know I am old. But going to a game where you see your grandkids playing on the same field your dad played on. That's REAL high school football. I would much rather watch a Escalon v Hilmar game or Oakdale v Sonora. Orestima v Gustine. You know REAL high school football.
I live 4 blocks from MJC . I can go watch juco football without getting in my car.

The more I read this thread. The more I understand why I prefer small town football. REAL high school football. Friday night lights football. I know I am old. But going to a game where you see your grandkids playing on the same field your dad played on. That's REAL high school football. I would much rather watch a Escalon v Hilmar game or Oakdale v Sonora. Orestima v Gustine. You know REAL high school football.
I live 4 blocks from MJC . I can go watch juco football without getting in my car.
k

I think there is a lane for both……I get the small town football is great for tradition and all that ……..but I also enjoy watching explosive super talented AAU football with double digit D1 players on the field, the California bowl system is set up to enjoy both which is a positive of the current system

I think there is a lane for both……I get the small town football is great for tradition and all that ……..but I also enjoy watching explosive super talented AAU football with double digit D1 players on the field, the California bowl system is set up to enjoy both which is a positive of the current system
I agree. You get both!

Friday night lights in a beautiful stadium with 5k plus people and athletes everywhere!

Then you also get Saturday day game, backyard football, with 300 people, with kids from your local church leagues!

Best of both worlds baby! :)

so is there a way to change the demographics so the talent up north can improve? Can we make it a little more cheaper to live in the bay area for starters maybe? I think it has to do with those people in charge and environmentalists that are against construction. Maybe you guys up north should stop voting in that direction.

just my 2 cents.
What a bizarre post lol

I still remember traveling to Oakdale when Folsom came there a few years back. Cool place to play for sure and fun to walk away with a win! That was a good Oakdale team.

Reactions: remc
I still remember traveling to Oakdale when Folsom came there a few years back. Cool place to play for sure and fun to walk away with a win! That was a good Oakdale team.
Been there a couple of times. 100 mile drive, but nice atmosphere. Something kinda cool about the whole town showing up and supporting the towns kids. Uniquely American stuff

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT