ADVERTISEMENT

Serra vs St Francis for CCS Div I Championship

We will say it one more time: It's unfortunate that the Lancers now stay home as the NorCal bowl games loom. They are clearly one of the very best teams in this half of the Golden State. Serra was just a bit better Friday night.
Why is it Unfortunate that SF has to Stay Home?…. They Didn’t even win Their section…. This is the Problem up here in Nor Cal, it’s as if we just can’t accept it when teams lose in the playoffs…. “They Shouldn’t Have to Go Home Because They are one of The Best Teams in The State”…

Cen10 Lost to MD in the playoffs by 5 points…. They are Clearly one of the Best Teams in the State if not the whole Country…. Is it unfortunate that they have to stay home for the SBG’s because they lost in the playoffs?…..

If SF wanted to Move on, They should have played a Better Game and won like Serra Did…. SF had a Great Year and Those Kids did something no other group of kids in Nor Cal has done in 30 Frickin years!!!… They had a Great Season, and no one can ever take that away from those kids…. But they didn’t Close the deal….

SF got what they earned on the filed, a Section Runner Up Trophy and The Kids From Serra got what they earned on the field which is a Section Title and a Chance for a SBG….

That Being Said…. The Fact PITT is a Section Champ and Moving on is an Absolute Joke…. So I will also say Yes, it is a shame that a Team Like PITT gets to “Lose and Move On” and a Team as Great as SF does not…. 🍻

Here are some game stats provided by today's SM Daily Journal: SF gained a total of 214 yards of offense; Serra had just 198. It was an old-fashioned CAL/WCAL slugfest. We will say it one more time: It's unfortunate that the Lancers now stay home as the NorCal bowl games loom. They are clearly one of the very best teams in this half of the Golden State. Serra was just a bit better Friday night.

Most of SF rushing yards came on the one long play, the QB bootleg that went for a TD.

Why is it Unfortunate that SF has to Stay Home?…. They Didn’t even win Their section…. This is the Problem up here in Nor Cal, it’s as if we just can’t accept it when teams lose in the playoffs…. “They Shouldn’t Have to Go Home Because They are one of The Best Teams in The State”…

Cen10 Lost to MD in the playoffs by 5 points…. They are Clearly one of the Best Teams in the State if not the whole Country…. Is it unfortunate that they have to stay home for the SBG’s because they lost in the playoffs?…..

If SF wanted to Move on, They should have played a Better Game and won like Serra Did…. SF had a Great Year and Those Kids did something no other group of kids in Nor Cal has done in 30 Frickin years!!!… They had a Great Season, and no one can ever take that away from those kids…. But they didn’t Close the deal….

SF got what they earned on the filed, a Section Runner Up Trophy and The Kids From Serra got what they earned on the field which is a Section Title and a Chance for a SBG….

That Being Said…. The Fact PITT is a Section Champ and Moving on is an Absolute Joke…. So I will also say Yes, it is a shame that a Team Like PITT gets to “Lose and Move On” and a Team as Great as SF does not…. 🍻

Exactly

Who is St John Bosco playing in the upcoming regionals/bowl game?

The were the #2 team in the country! Got beat by Servite and went home.

Last edited:
This is what I was thinking as well.

What was SF total rushing yards last night?
IN the first Serra-SF game won by SF 44-21 one month ago the Lancers RB Teu broke the SF school record for rushing yards in a game AND the WCAL rushing record for a season. Teu finished the Serra game with 45 carries for 344 yards to conclude the nine-game season with 1,731 yards and 20 touchdowns; 1,499 of the yards and 16 of the TDs came in the seven-game league season. He broke the previous WCAL season record set by Serra’s Erich Wilson in 2011 by 140 yards. For the game the Lancers had over 500 yards on offense.

In the rematch last night the "new" Padre defense held SF's Teu to 82 yards on 23 carries.

One other note: Serra's kicker Galindo made a 50-yard field goal to give Serra the first lead of the game 3-0 tying the school record. Galindo has been an additional weapon for the Padres all season with a monster foot and unfailing consistency - maybe the best kicker Serra has ever had.

Reactions: aztecpadre
You are correct. Walsh used an extra 300-pound tackle on the DL, depending on down, distance, yard line, etc. It worked. In fact, the Serra defense played its best game of the season overall. The final score might have been a bit deceptive. The Padres had a 65-yard TD on a fumble recovery called back. The refs said the SF ball carrier's knee was down when he fumbled. We had a good look at the play. Let's just say the call was highly debatable. The crowd was immense, far too many folks for the Westmont venue. The estimate ranged from 7,000 to more than 8,000. It was SRO around the entire sunken field. The parking lot, scene of a shooting incident late in the game, was packed; so was the surrounding neighborhood. The men's crapper had a grand total of five toilets. The snack shack was overwhelmed too. The line to get into the 7 p.m. contest was so long many customers didn't even see the first quarter. All in all, the evening was rather chaotic and confused. But, in the end, Serra rose to the occasion with an outstanding performance, certainly one of the best during Walsh's long tenure on West 20th Avenue. Oh, and by the way, it's a crying shame that the Lancers don't move on. They now stay home after a standout 2021 season which saw them overcome DLS and rout Serra earlier this month for the WCAL crown. They deserve some measure of congratulation as their memorable campaign came to a stark conclusion.
Nice to have that option to have an extra 300 lb. tackle to throw out there.

Nice to have that option to have an extra 300 lb. tackle to throw out there.

All it took was one extra 300 lb tackle to neutralize St Francis’ all world, massive, best high school O-line in the history of high school football. Did I mention that they were constantly described as massive?

Did that extra 300 ob lineman for serra come from the University of Alabama?

• Haha
Reactions: Rmbr26
Exactly

Who is St John Bosco playing in the upcoming regionals/bowl game?

The were the #2 team in the country! Got beat by MD and went home.
Actually SJB got beat by Servite in the playoffs, not knocked out by MD.

Reactions: concrete17
All it took was one extra 300 lb tackle to neutralize St Francis’ all world, massive, best high school O-line in the history of high school football. Did I mention that they were constantly described as massive?

Did that extra 300 ob lineman for serra come from the University of Alabama?
I think he came from Sacred Heart Cathedral ...Ryan Silver. I believe he transferred into Serra as a sophomore. He is now a junior. I could be wrong, but I think that's the story

Reactions: Streak One
I think he came from Sacred Heart Cathedral ...Ryan Silver. I believe he transferred into Serra as a sophomore. He is now a junior. I could be wrong, but I think that's the story

Smart kid, he could have stayed at the other school and captured a Div. III ccs championship. But like I said, smart kid.

SF got beat by an entire team last night, the players got out played and the coaches were out coached. I have a buddy who's son goes to SF, his son is on the football team (doesn't get to play much) and he showed me how their football players were incredibly disrespectful on social media. They actually targeted Serra's football players with those messages as well as other teams that they rolled over during the regular season. I think SF woke up a sleeping giant. In other words Serra didn't beat SF with one player, it was an entire team effort and the better team won.

Smart kid, he could have stayed at the other school and captured a Div. III ccs championship. But like I said, smart kid.

SF got beat by an entire team last night, the players got out played and the coaches were out coached. I have a buddy who's son goes to SF, his son is on the football team (doesn't get to play much) and he showed me how their football players were incredibly disrespectful on social media. They actually targeted Serra's football players with those messages as well as other teams that they rolled over during the regular season. I think SF woke up a sleeping giant. In other words Serra didn't beat SF with one player, it was an entire team effort and the better team won.
And without their best player, Mahasin.

Reactions: colhenrylives
...he showed me how their football players were incredibly disrespectful on social media. They actually targeted Serra's football players with those messages as well as other teams that they rolled over during the regular season.
This has been happening for years - an to some extent, other teams do it too. 10-15 years ago, WCAL called St. Francis and Bellarmine on this carpet for such actions. The actions slowed down a bit. SF has always at the forefront of these demeaning postings as far back as I can remember. Part of it is in good rivalry fun, but sometimes t has spiraled into meanspirited action.

This game emphasized why I always shake my head when I see people say “Team A beat Team B and if they played again, the exact same thing would happen!”

People said this about Serra-SF and Folsom-Rocklin, too. Makes me really wonder how much football anyone on here has actually watched (or understood).

Every game is different and you learn a lot more from a loss than a win. That one game is how that one game went. It does not necessarily mean anything for a rematch.

This game emphasized why I always shake my head when I see people say “Team A beat Team B and if they played again, the exact same thing would happen!”

People said this about Serra-SF and Folsom-Rocklin, too. Makes me really wonder how much football anyone on here has actually watched (or understood).

Every game is different and you learn a lot more from a loss than a win. That one game is how that one game went. It does not necessarily mean anything for a rematch.
So You are saying you would Pick PITT or CV in a RE Match with DLS?…. You think either of those games would have a different outcome if they played a second time?….

Or How About Cal who Got Running Clocked by a DLS Team Missing 30 players?…. Would the outcome of that game change if they played again?….

SF Dominated Serra and Rocklin Dominated Folsom when those teams played, it is Natural for people to assume a similar outcome when Both those Serra and Folsom teams looked so overmatched….

But Sure, Nobody on here watches Football but you…. 🤣🤣

This has been happening for years - an to some extent, other teams do it too. 10-15 years ago, WCAL called St. Francis and Bellarmine on this carpet for such actions. The actions slowed down a bit. SF has always at the forefront of these demeaning postings as far back as I can remember. Part of it is in good rivalry fun, but sometimes t has spiraled into meanspirited action.
Must be a Bellarmine guy :) but seriously, I follow a number of these players accounts on social media and I’ve never seen anything outrageous. It’s a class program and I think when here-say says that one school shows low class because they heard from someone or generalizing remarks like “forefront as far as I can remember”, that’s irresponsible.

I’d respectfully disagree with Cal14’s post in regards to every game being different in a rematch with unpredictable results.
More often than not the rematch games DO end with similar results, esp when the first game was lopsided. Go back year by year where WCAL teams meet a 2nd time in the playoffs & you’ll see what I mean.
Both VC & Bells did not fare any better vs Serra in the first 2 playoff games & in fact lost by larger margins. What Serra accomplished vs SF was truly remarkable & I attribute to a “masterful” job of coaching by Serra’s Coach Walsh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Humbab

It was a sweet win for Serra but lets not get carried away here. They won by 4 with St Francis still having a chance to win with last possession. The same team that beat Serra's brakes off by 23 earlier. Walsh created the gameplan and the players masterfully executed it. I hope he has something up his sleeve in next game because MD is a different animal.

Obvious key to this game is keep MD's offensive on the sideline. Lumpkin is going to need to win this game with his legs.

It was a sweet win for Serra but lets not get carried away here. They won by 4 with St Francis still having a chance to win with last possession. The same team that beat Serra's brakes off by 23 earlier. Walsh created the gameplan and the players masterfully executed it. I hope he has something up his sleeve in next game because MD is a different animal.

Obvious key to this game is keep MD's offensive on the sideline. Lumpkin is going to need to win this game with his legs.
They won by 4, without their best player, against a team that steam rolled them a few weeks earlier.

How they did it was incredible. They completely eliminated the SF all world O-line and RB’s. While scoring just enough to get the job done.

To say that this was nothing big would be to totally disrespect the SF RB #4’s accomplishments on this season. This was a totally unstoppable offense (massive oline) until the real Padres showed up for all the marbles.

Serra did all of this with one of the weaker teams in its history from my understanding.

Win or lose against MD, this Serra team is #1 in NorCal after knocking off the team that beat DLS & WCAL champ SF lancers.

“Serra did all of this with one of the weaker teams in its history from my understanding.”

Really? I’m not a WCAL guy, but I remember hearing how Serra was going to loaded this year. I was really looking forward to their game with Pitt, as I wanted to see where both teams stood. Soon afterward, SF beat DLS and Folsom beat Pitt, and Serra was out on the back burner until the CCS final redemption.

“Serra did all of this with one of the weaker teams in its history from my understanding.”

Really? I’m not a WCAL guy, but I remember hearing how Serra was going to loaded this year. I was really looking forward to their game with Pitt, as I wanted to see where both teams stood. Soon afterward, SF beat DLS and Folsom beat Pitt, and Serra was out on the back burner until the CCS final redemption.
Yeah, you’re correct. Not a weak Serra team, historically. Three of their o-linemen have offers. Plus Lampkin, Mahasin, and a few sophomores have offers. They are talented.

Serra was not always a powerhouse. They were mediocre for much of the ‘90s (lots of 1-4 or 2-3 WCAL records). Now they’re going to their fourth state bowl game since 2016, and the Open no less. A remarkable program build by Walsh and his staff.

Last edited:
IN the first Serra-SF game won by SF 44-21 one month ago the Lancers RB Teu broke the SF school record for rushing yards in a game AND the WCAL rushing record for a season. Teu finished the Serra game with 45 carries for 344 yards to conclude the nine-game season with 1,731 yards and 20 touchdowns; 1,499 of the yards and 16 of the TDs came in the seven-game league season. He broke the previous WCAL season record set by Serra’s Erich Wilson in 2011 by 140 yards. For the game the Lancers had over 500 yards on offense.

In the rematch last night the "new" Padre defense held SF's Teu to 82 yards on 23 carries.

One other note: Serra's kicker Galindo made a 50-yard field goal to give Serra the first lead of the game 3-0 tying the school record. Galindo has been an additional weapon for the Padres all season with a monster foot and unfailing consistency - maybe the best kicker Serra has ever had.
Thats quite a turnaround,from 344 rushing yards to 82.Ton of credit to Serra defensively

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT