ADVERTISEMENT

SF POY 2021/2022

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
After long consideration I have decided that I think King Jhsanni-Wilhite is my 2021/2022 SF Player of the Year.
KJW has offers from Washington St. and San Jose St. He averaged double-digits as a Junior leading, a supposed "rebuilding" Riordan team to a CCS Open Title.
Overall, there are other candidate but KJW really stood out to me as the top player in the City this season.

Other Players Considered:
1) Justin Aquino (Lincoln, SR) - This kid just flat out balled out leading a Lincoln squad to a 20-3 record and a SF Academic League Championship. If you've never seen Aquino play before, he is lightening fast. He has a solid shot as well, and is a special player that If taller would have D1 offers right now.

2) Ray-John Spears (SH, JR) - A high scorer, with the athleticism rarely seen on a SF basketball court. RJS will be a favorite to win the award next season. Spears, main focus is football, but I don't see him giving up basketball. He just starts later in the season, which could affect his ability to keep up with those that play a full season.

3) Joey Kennedy (University, JR) - At 6'7, Kennedy reminds me a lot of old Warriors player David Lee on the court. He has the ability to score inside, and outside, though his 3 point shot and FT Shot needs a little work. IMO, he is the favorite to win the award next season. Had he not suffered an injury in the summer, and played this entire year, he would have really given King Jhsanni-Wilhite a run for his money for the award.

4) Jake Rodriguez (Urban , SO) - He is currently small at 5'10 but showed a lot of promise this season leading a surprising Urban team to a D5 Championship. He averaged double-digits, while also making some spectacular passes for the Blues. His game is there, its just a matter of him growing and then sky is the limit. Hopefully he sticks around at Urban, though similar to Kennedy I could see the Prep Schools lurking in his future.

5) Sean Quanico (SI, SR) - Undersized guard at 6'1, but has a ton of heart and the ability to score from anywhere on the court. Helped lead SI to a CCS Open Birth, and will look to do big things during his last games as a Wildcat.

RJS is a senior. Kennedy is a very good player, but just has not played enough this season because of injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT