ADVERTISEMENT

SHC ⚾

ORACLE PARK (as it is now known name of the former AT&T/SBC/PAC BELL PARK ) is not yet a lock. But it is the most likely host scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
It's BASEBALL for the Bruce-Mahoney Trophy once again.

Irish will play SI, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 16th at AT&T Park for the Bruce-Mahoney Trophy.

In 2018, Sacred Heart Cathedral finished 14-14, a season which included an invite to the prestigious Boras Classic and a sweep of SI. Irish won the trophy with a 2-1 win at AT&T and a 5-1 win on the road. In this year's game, look for Uday Narottam, a Junior, to start.

Irish lose 14 Seniors from 2018. The JV's finished 13-8. In addition to sweeping SI 1-0 and 4-0, they split with St. Francis, Bellarmine, and Valley Christian.

SI loses 14 Seniors as well and finished 9-18-1 last season. St. Ignatius was 1-13 and dead last in the WCAL. Their record also included those four embarrassing forfeits before they played SHC.
Their JV's were 9-12. I like our odds of keeping the Trophy. Somebody on the NorCal Preps board mentioned a good Frosh class coming in. I'll keep an eye on them. I don't know if the JV's will bring up Bianca Higa, who pitched on the Frosh team last season.

Go Irish!
Very disappointing season for Irish baseball last year. Never lived up to hype. All close games won previous year, lost in 2018. Have enough talent coming back to stay competitive. I believe Narottam more of a relief pitch (a good one-hear already verbal to Harvard). Dont overlook Conor LaChappelle on mound - big lefty.
Cats can only go up - embarassing season last year. Will probably throw Jack Dyke and take their chances. New coach may add a spark.

Very disappointing season for Irish baseball last year. Never lived up to hype. All close games won previous year, lost in 2018. Have enough talent coming back to stay competitive. I believe Narottam more of a relief pitch (a good one-hear already verbal to Harvard). Dont overlook Conor LaChappelle on mound - big lefty.
Cats can only go up - embarassing season last year. Will probably throw Jack Dyke and take their chances. New coach may add a spark.

I expect it to be Dyke and Uday. Last year, the team had a few better than average capable hitters in Cole, Chavarria and Ogans. Its just Ogans. Will likely be another nail-biter 2-1 game. Its been 30 years since SH held the BM in back to back years.

It's BASEBALL for the Bruce-Mahoney Trophy once again.

Irish will play SI, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 16th at AT&T Park for the Bruce-Mahoney Trophy.

In 2018, Sacred Heart Cathedral finished 14-14, a season which included an invite to the prestigious Boras Classic and a sweep of SI. Irish won the trophy with a 2-1 win at AT&T and a 5-1 win on the road. In this year's game, look for Uday Narottam, a Junior, to start.

Irish lose 14 Seniors from 2018. The JV's finished 13-8. In addition to sweeping SI 1-0 and 4-0, they split with St. Francis, Bellarmine, and Valley Christian.

SI loses 14 Seniors as well and finished 9-18-1 last season. St. Ignatius was 1-13 and dead last in the WCAL. Their record also included those four embarrassing forfeits before they played SHC.
Their JV's were 9-12. I like our odds of keeping the Trophy. Somebody on the NorCal Preps board mentioned a good Frosh class coming in. I'll keep an eye on them. I don't know if the JV's will bring up Bianca Higa, who pitched on the Frosh team last season.

Go Irish!

Irish Jeers the true definition of a front runner! Backhanded bitch slap to your Basketball program! That post says it all about you and many internal so called supporters of SHCP hoops! WCAL play isn’t even at the mid way point. Yes I understand Jeers you’re referencing the Bruce, but Basketball is far from over.

Reactions: Crusaders70
Crosstown. IF I can translate for IC. Now that the WCAL has gotten away from playoffs many SH and SI alums take the Bruce-Mahoney far more serious than a truly meaningless politically correct, CCS III run. Like the saying goes, you have ONE job to do and to SH and SI (more so than SHC alums) it is to win the Bruce-Mahoney Trophy. Anything after that is gravy. Alums are not going to ask, did you win a CCS III title, they will ask when you had the opportunity, did you do your part to win the The Bruce-Mahoney Trophy. In fact, if I can guess, this is the order of importance for SH(C) and SI alums,1. Holding onto the Bruce-Mahoney, 2. an out-right WCAL title , Open State title, DIII State title, CCS III title. It's true.

As for the ladies, since Bruce-Mahoney is not part of conversation. State, WCAL, CCS in that order.

Back before their was a true state title and only one division of CCS. A league, sectional and TOC invite was the pinnacle. I recall in early 70s when only one CCS division, those SH, Riordan and SI teams that won CCS titles, earned their accolades. The only thing that comes close now is the Open.

Last edited:
Irish beat Menlo 14-3 to open the season. SHC scored 10 runs in the third inning behind Freshman SS Lucas Kelly's 3-run double.

This kid is pretty good, the second freshman is also very good, he applied at St. Ignatius and St. Francis also as well as a East Bay school, his father played at Fresno State. My point is he made it into all the schools and choose SHC, so the baseball program is making a name for itself. In addition the Jv's have 5 freshman on the team which is a nice haul for the incoming class of baseball players.

Last edited:
If you're a City kid (who doesn't go to Stuart Hall grammar) or North Peninsula kid who parents wants his child to play right away (historically tough to break in at Serra), SHC is best option for parent who wants to send their child to catholic school and play baseball. Coaching staff has been in place for 20 years with most on campus-a plus. Their field location sucks big time but bodes well for South City/North Peninsula parents (their varsity does now play their home league games at USF). Riordan, has on site location, and is good for one or two upsets of South Bay teams a year, but they are lucky to get out of eighth place. Their coach has gotten little out of his players for past 5 years (but enrollment of kids who live baseball is rare). I hear they hired their former ace who played at Fresno St./Pittsburgh organization as pitching coach, so that is an upgrade. Riordan is also going field turf next year which should be nice. SI had a disastrous season last year and hired a Marin-based coach which bodes well for their student base. Stetcher (a good guy) fell on the sword for them. The new guy is off-campus coach as far as I know.

Last edited:
SH baseball has trended upwards and getting the incoming impact kids is a huge plus. With past players like Rasso, Cole, Chavarria getting college scholarships and current one in Ogans, SH has become an attractive school for baseball kids. This is somewhat amazing since there really is no on campus facility except the batting cage area, but having to play your league games at USF is pretty cool.

I wonder what % of the SH baseball players have gone to Aicardi's SF Baseball Academy.

SH baseball has trended upwards and getting the incoming impact kids is a huge plus. With past players like Rasso, Cole, Chavarria getting college scholarships and current one in Ogans, SH has become an attractive school for baseball kids. This is somewhat amazing since there really is no on campus facility except the batting cage area, but having to play your league games at USF is pretty cool.

I wonder what % of the SH baseball players have gone to Aicardi's SF Baseball Academy.
I suspect (and if they're smart) about 100%

Last edited:
Renovation at nearby Hayward Playground should be done by next year. I don't see why they can't practice there when it's ready.

Irish

Even when the rennovations at Hayward are complete, it will still maintain its status as a softball U14 park meaning no hardball play or practice for any team.over the age of 14 years old.

Besides, the diamonds are too small for high school base ball. Also I understand that per the agreement between SHC and SFRPD,this will be the primary site for Irish softball practice and home games, football practice, lacrosse practice and soccer practice.

Also, the only real rennovations to the diamonds is going to be turf. The bulk of the rest of the rennovation project is going to be the basketball courts, the clubhouse and playground.

Last edited:
Mission (SF) v. SHC Saturday at Westborough (weather permitting). I believe Irish played Mills today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT