ADVERTISEMENT

SHC 2018 Schedule

Last edited:
A Tweet from SHC has the Bruce-Mahoney game slated for Saturday, April 21st at 5:30pm at AT&T Park.

Irish beat Mission 3-2 in 8 innings to start the season 1-0. Going by the stats on MaxPreps, Mission must have had good pitching because they struck out 15 times.

Last edited:
Mission has good pitching. The Irish only earned run was game winner. The Irish will be just fine. Still a Top 4 team in WCAL this year.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Martin Chavarria went 2-for-4 with a double and threw five innings of one run (unearned ball) with 10 strikeouts.

Uday Narottam threw the final three innings of one hit ball and punched out five hitters.

Marty Cole went 2-for-3 with a triple and a walk

C.J. Pino went 2-for-4, one run for Mission (I believe only Bear player not to strike out), along with 3 innings of no-hit ball, one run (unearned), with 4 strikeouts. I am sure Irish weren't anticipating playing their starters whole game.

Again, this is arguably the Irish's best team since their outright 1978 WCAL Championship team. The last time a City WCAL school has won an outright league title.

Last edited:
Yes, Irish did hit balls at times. Unfortunately for Irish could not hit in key spots. Mission intentionally walked batters in two key spots and Irish could not take advantage. Remember, the Irish only earned run was winning run. Actually was Mission who had go ahead runners in 7th and 8th. If not for a line-drive snag by Irish left fielder (playing in center field), Mission would have been ahead by 2 going into B7. It goes either way. Remember, Mission only had 10 players suited up, as kid who hit double in 2nd left with sprain. Also 3 starters out due to basketball plus one out due to transfer rule. So they really only played with 4 starters. Irish played their starters whole game (Im sure they werent expecting to). Pitching rules! Irish must have 20+ on their roster. Bottom line, it was a very entertaining game, with a Bay Area Top 10 team and a team that may well compete for a AAA title (whose core is made up of soph and juniors). Like SHC neither has won a league title in 30+ years.

BTW. Mission had a nice baseball program they handed out. I didnt know they had 10 major leaguers. SH has 7. And Hall of Famer Joe Cronin attend both schools. A lot of interest facts in the handout.

I believe this is the Irish's year. They have all the tools to make a run (solid coaching and players). This is best City team I have seen since S.I. 2001 squad who won Round-Robin. I believe Irish play Woodside today.

Last edited:
SHC beat Woodside today 15-2. Game went 5 innings. SHC scored 8 runs in the 2nd and 7 in the 4th innings. Irish are 2-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: CityVibesII
SHC beat Homestead 16-1. Game went 7 innings. Irish are 3-0.
I guess an agreement between coaches to bypass 10-run rule after 5. Irish already this week boat-ride Woodside 15-2 in 5 innings. This makes Mission game that much more impressive. HMB game should be a better gauge.

Last edited:
I guess an agreement between coaches to bypass 10-run rule after 5. Irish already this week boat-ride Woodside 15-2 in 5 innings. This makes Mission game that much more impressive. HMB game should be a better gauge.

Sacred Heart Cathedral beat Half Moon Bay 3-2. HMB scored 2 in the 4th, followed by 2 by the Irish in the 5th. SHC scored the go-ahead run in the 6th. HMB had 3 errors to one by the Irish. SHC only had 4 hits but apparently the ones they got counted. HMB had 5 hits. Three Irish pitchers combined for 11 strikeouts. Sophomore Uday Narottam was MaxPreps' Player of The Game. SHC is 4-0.

Irish baseball beat Palo Alto 6-5 in 8 innings. Keshawn Ogens had the go-ahead RBI in the 8th with two out. SHC is 6-0.

this is probably the best hitting version of SHC, I have seen since I started Coaching 10 years ago. They have good discipline & adjust well. Hence a reason they put up a 16 spot on my team in game 1 for us. Good to see them with early success!!

this is probably the best hitting version of SHC, I have seen since I started Coaching 10 years ago. They have good discipline & adjust well. Hence a reason they put up a 16 spot on my team in game 1 for us. Good to see them with early success!!
True. This is their best overall squad in 40 years, but league looks to be stronger this year too. Lot of quality baseball players this year in league.

St. Francis 4
SHC 1
Irish had 8 hits and an error. St. Francis scored all their runs in the first inning.

Bellarmine beat SI 7-1.

Last edited:
St. Francis 4
SHC 1
Irish had 8 hits and an error. St. Francis scored early in the game.

Bellarmine beat SI 7-1.
Saw that, Bellarmine is SUPER strong this year, & of course Valley is as well. WCAL is always tough, but good to see SHC in the mix, It will be tough sledding there for sure.....on another note we open league today vs. Cupertino, hope to start of the DA league in a winning fashion!

Irish beat Mitty 6-2. Marty Cole with the win. SHC had 10 hits, including a two-out RBI by Keshawn Ogans.

Last edited:
Irish baseball L 4-0 to Bellarmine. All runs scored in the 4th. Irish will play Riordan at USF at 4:00 on Friday, April 13th. Go Irish!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT