ADVERTISEMENT

SHC vs San Jose high

Per MaxPreps - SHC wins 86-85 in overtime. SHCP didn't exactly roll against Fairview.
SHCP should have beat Fairview by more than one point as through parts of the game the Irish were up by as many as 10. Fairview led multiple charges due to Irish defensive lapses of which they must correct in order to be successful in League Play, CCS and a possible NorCal run. Fairview reminds you of a traditional WCAL Team. Fairview was big, 6’8 Center, 6’5-6’6 wing/forwards and solid guard play. This is where I must give SHCP props as they can indeed content with their current roster, without a legitimate big man until January and they can seriously hang with stacked, tough teams primarily because of their sheer basketball IQ, athleticism and speed. SHCP MUST play way better Team Defense! As this will be their Achilles Heal if they don’t adjust and improve. Without much further rambling, I will go on record to state that if SHCP had 2 legitimate experienced Big Men that were actively on their roster, conversions would shift to top level rankings and so on as I can confidently state they have on of the top level guard tandems in California with Neal/Monroe. Hudson, who is the Cousin to All-Star Standout, Alfred Hollins, is a top level spot-up shooter, who if you let get hot can shoot the lights out. Amin Ogelsby is a serious wildcard. When he’s going, he’s a matchup nightmare for an opposing team, as he’s a undersized Draymond Green-Like player who can turn a game around by himself. Again, 4 returning WCAL Battle-Tested Players who now have an opportunity to make a statement definitely in a tough WCAL. As they improve defensively, watch them turn a lot of heads. Looking forward to next Saturday in San Jose, California against St. Joe’s. Like it or not, SHCP is undefeated so far. And just think, both Monroe and Neal are a Sophomore and Junior respectively will a 6’8 Sophomore this year and another big projected to come next year. Scary......

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Per MaxPreps - SHC wins 86-85 in overtime. SHCP didn't exactly roll against Fairview.
Watching the game, I could only imagine another Kevin Greene type in the middle getting rebounds and preventing multiple shots from the opponent. Maybe that's what Oscar Cheng will provide when he's eligible.

IF you score 98pts in a high school and then the team was awful if you win by 30. That means you could've score 130pts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT