ADVERTISEMENT

Shoutout to Concrete17

Concrete is one of the reasons I hated missing the STA/DLS game. The EPSN-U coverage wasn't quite the same without Concrete!

Reactions: concrete17
Bubba, back at you Primo,
Wanted to respond right away but but duty called and was pouring concrete in SF early Saturday morning.

2 reasons* why Mrs Concrete & I continue to do work at the games as we have for more than a decade now and over 9 years since Concrete Jr donned his cap & gown to graduate......it's the opportunity to talk with Prep Football fans and proud parents such as your self. Doesn't matter what color the uniform the kids wear, they all put on their pants 1 leg ata time. It is a great experience to share our pride, sacrifices and hopes as parents.
I have met Coaches and recruiters from several of the UC's, Cal Staters and the Independants, writers from the national to the local presses, print & electronic and they too have a joy to share in the sport.
Once met a mother and 15 yr old son from Sweden who were sharing a birthday trip to Nor Cal which included attending football games DLS, Cal, and the 9'rs.( My wife still keeps in contact via Facebook) My favorite was 2 grandfatherly gentlemen, retired oil roughnecks from Louisiana who were travelling the country in a mobile home checking off their bucket list items which included seeing a Spartan game.

For a couple hours it's a great time to share, meet new people, the season regulars and even a few surprises along the way, to talk about the kids and the game as we did Friday night. Best Wishes for your son this season with the Mustangs.

* Reason #2 is that we get close in Parking to O-O;)

Being willing to step up years after your son has graduated says a lot about you and Mrs. Concrete. I have found that when I humble myself to be of service to other people and/or a cause, I end up feeling better about myself and am overall a happier person. Its not always easy to communicate privately on forums and I hope I'm not breaking too many rules by posting my private email address. Any of you feel free to contact me for any reason, whether it be to shoot the bull or ask a recruiting question. jerajon65@comcast.net

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT