ADVERTISEMENT

SJS D5 Playoff Projections

SearsPoints

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
As of Oct 18, here are the SJS D5 playoff projections per MaxPreps.

1 - Modesto Christian
2 - Bear River (Grass Valley)
3 - Ripon
4 - Center (Antelope)
5 - Calaveras (San Andreas)
6 - Foothill (Sacramento)
7 - Sonora
8 - Mountain House
9 - Union Mine (El Dorado)
10 - Dixon
11 - Los Banos
12 - Pioneer (Woodland)

fdvc5j.jpg

Kickingtee, no lineup changes for either team and honestly Colfax got all the breaks. Bear River turned ball over at a couple crucial times, at least two bad snaps occurred for big losses, 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, and their stud Maronic got hurt late in the third qrt. I think these teams are more evenly matched then the score indicated. However, Colfax is more versitle on offense and was the more physical team. It was a great atmosphere and I wouldn’t be surprised if they meet again in the section final.

Los Banos and Center are in the top 5 schools in D5 with LB at 1388 and Center w/ 1284.

Los Banos and Center are in the top 5 schools in D5 with LB at 1388 and Center w/ 1284.
EN-FB,Placer is in D3 with 1200,lol.Placer is lowest enrollment in this new FVL(Foothill Valley League)D3 League.center was one of our tough opponents in PVL,i didn’t know they had more kids than Placer.

Placer-1282
Center-1284
Rio Linda-1659
Nevada Union-1659
Ponderosa-1848
Lincoln (L)-1969
Oakmont-1990
This is why Placer after this yr and gets hit with graduation will be D4 eligible if they don’t win the new D3 FVL league,but competing against these schools (minus Center) will do Placer good..they will grow fast,except in enrollment lol.

Placer has an exception coach in Joey and an exceptional team this year. They will be good again next year because the junior class is strong but the FVL will be competitive in two years in football and I don’t see Placer as a regional power after this year. They are already feeling the impact of the FVL this fall in tennis, volleyball, and golf: 3rd/4th place finishes.

Placer has an exception coach in Joey and an exceptional team this year. They will be good again next year because the junior class is strong but the FVL will be competitive in two years in football and I don’t see Placer as a regional power after this year. They are already feeling the impact of the FVL this fall in tennis, volleyball, and golf: 3rd/4th place finishes.
I agree NU,i see it this yr vs these new teams(football)that’s why I say after Placer gets hit with graduation this yr it’s all going to settle dn a bit and they blend in with other schools competing wise as they This yr have a special team imho.You are very correct as well that Joey Montoya is an exceptional coach this is very true,we love joey he does a fabulous job yr in and yr out.Thanks for sharing.

Placer is D4 by enrollment, but the FVL is a D3 league, so if they win they have to play D3. And if they win the D3 Section they have to play at D3 again next year whether they win league or not.

The FVL is a weird league as it has 2 schools in D2, one in D3, 3 in D4 and 1 in D5. It would have 2 in D5 if Placer wasn't forced up to D4 after winning the Section last year.

Placer is D4 by enrollment, but the FVL is a D3 league, so if they win they have to play D3. And if they win the D3 Section they have to play at D3 again next year whether they win league or not.

The FVL is a weird league as it has 2 schools in D2, one in D3, 3 in D4 and 1 in D5. It would have 2 in D5 if Placer wasn't forced up to D4 after winning the Section last year.
Are you counting Center in our league?Center is still in the PVL with Colfax,Bear River,Now Marysville And Lindhurst,Foothill And Center.

Reactions: 1227Elevation

Outside of Placer D4 the other 5 are either 3 in D3 or higher 2 in D2.

Outside of Placer D4 the other 5 are either 3 in D3 or higher 2 in D2.
Look at the VOL every school is by enrollment a D4 team Central is even smaller. Central has been pushed up to D2 for continued success rule. But he VOL is rated as a D3. And it's easy to understand why since Del Oro won it every D3 section championship has been won by a team from the VOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT