ADVERTISEMENT

Skyline suspended 2 games

MaoliFighter

Superstar
Apr 26, 2016
Heard Skyline high got suspended 2 games by the oal commissioner for starting padded practice early basing their start date off the southern sections. All I could find was an audio of the Skyline coaches bitching to the commisioner. Its was pretty muffled. Has anyone else heard anything? Unfortunately no local sports pages that would have reported.

I had heard that they lost two practices not two games but I don't know with 100% accuracy

Word from the OAL is two practices. Skyline participated in King of the Hill at Laney, not CIF SS practice rules. A new OAL "bylaw" that was put forth in February said they could no longer do that even though they have been doing that for 12 years. None of the OAL coaches were aware of the change.

Yes 2 practices is what I heard. I think Oakland High particpated as well...how does a bylaw get established in February and none of the coaches know ?? Is that on OAL or on individual AD's

Since none of the coaches knew, I would say the OAL. Cant say that every AD in the OAL would have forgotten to tell their coaches about this. Also, I heard there was a emergency meeting with all the football coaches after this happened to explain the bylaw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT