ADVERTISEMENT

St. Joe’s hosts Miramonte

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I sit beneath the Jason Kidd banner at St. Joe’s, awaiting the start of the Varsity game... Frosh and JV achieved a split, the Pilots’ frosh winning a close one, and the Mats returning the favor in OT in the JV game.

This is my first time seeing the SJND Pilots in-person this season. Before the season started, I figured were gonna take lots of lumps this season, but so far they appear to be pretty competitive.

The Pilots are 7-5 and the Mats are 8-5, but the Pilots have played a good bit tougher schedule.

Of course, this works as a sneak preview of Miramonte for me, since they are the sworn enemy of my fabulous Campolindo Cougars and play them on Tuesday.

Mira’s leading scorer is a 6’5” big named M Meredith, doing a bit over 16ppg. I have no thrilling, incredibly deep commentary on the pilots :)

The Pilots may be famous for their 2-3 zone, but they’ve started with a man defense... 3-2 Pilots early on.

Right now, the Pilots are just plain getting outhustled... 15-8 Miramonte. Err, 18-8 after a Meredith 3-bomb... 1:14 left in the 1st.

20-12 after one... Only a wild 3-ball at the buzzer by McCullough (he’s a freshman!) keeping the Pilots anywhere close.

Intensity on the Pilots’ end has gone way up and they’re fighting back into it... 22-17 MM. Now if the Pilots could sink any Ft’s...

3-ball at the Buzzer for the Pilots... rattles out. 32-24 Miramonte at the half.

Forget pulling teeth... Scoring points in this one is about as hard as heart/lung surgery. 34-29, MM still in front, 3:18 left 3rd.

Jaylen Thompson has scored 6 in a row for the Pilots... 34-33 MM. 1:11 left 3rd.

MM has the ball, 5 seconds left 3rd, but the Pilots steal the inbounds pass and go all the way for a layup at the buzzer! 35-34 end of 3rd... Pilots in front.

Thmopson with a putback! 37-34. MM coach is steamed.... Just cruisin’ for a T...

MM misses a FT.. MM pushes in back, FT’s for Pilots on other end... and more missing. 40-37 Pilots, but then Meredith nails a 3 to tie it. Pilot 3... 43-40. Exchange of 2’s... 45-42 Pilots. 3 for the Pilots! 48-42. 4:22 left... Pilots steal... FT’s for #0 on Pilots... Jones, I think... 49... 50.

2 guys on MM have fouled out. MM coach not exactly overjoyed with this development...

Now both Pilots bigs have fouled out... 52-49. 1:21 left. Moving screen on Pilots... 1:04 left... MM ball. Pilots foul... MM at line for 2, double bonus. First good, second good. 52-51. Pilots fouled trying to get downcourt.. FT’s on Pilot end, double bonus... Miss.. good. 53-51, MM has #35 drive, no good... Pilot rebound... Pilot fouled at line for 2... First good, second good! Time out, 55-51 Pilots, 32.3 left.

#35 for MM drives... layup misses. He fouls right away, fouls out. Jones at line for Pilots... 16.4 seconds left, time out MM. Jones sinks ‘em both! Wild scrable by MM trying to get a shot off, nothin doing. Final: 57-51 Pilots. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT