ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's 7 Pittsburg 48 FINAL

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
St. Mary's has two turnovers on its first two drives. Pitt got the ball on the Rams' 30 each time and got a TD catch from Boyd and a TD run from Lacy.

Turnover on downs sets up another short field for Pitt and a short TD run for Lacy.

Pirates have converted two big fourth downs through the air

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Sounds exactly as how I was expecting this game to start, Pittsburg was not going to have a bad start at home, Pittsburg is tough to beat in front of their home crowd

Reactions: remc
St. Mary's fumble give Pitt the ball on the Rams' 15 yard line for a two play drive.

Rams have stuck to the ground game for the most part.

Pitt defensive front getting after it

Sounds exactly as how I was expecting this game to start, Pittsburg was not going to have a bad start at home, Pittsburg is tough to beat in front of their home crowd
I knew Pitt was going to come out breathing fire after that loss to Clayton

Rams have four turnovers, a low snap on a punt and a short punt. Turner has 2 TD passes and Muldrow has an INT return for a score

Pitt scores on six of its seven drives.

St. Mary's has four turnovers.

About only issue for Pitt is penalty problems like last week

Reactions: slick58
St. Mary’s certainly did not prepare well. One of the worst first games I have ever witnessed them play. Smh.

This is a real bouncing back for Pitt. It should prepare them mentally and physically for Centennial next week!

Reactions: 13 others
Just watched video update & St. Mary's being mauled by Pitt. I picked Pitt in the weekly "Pick 'em" contest, but no idea it'd get this ugly.

Not good news for SM fan's..

Looked more like the Pitt team we expected. Cause a lot of issues with their defense, lot of runners to go to and big play potential in passing game. How consistent the passing game becomes will likely determine their season.

St. Mary's seemed pretty conservative early (lot of runs). Franks and that staff is among the best around so I'm sure they had legitimate reasons, but to me the strength early lies in the passing game. Surprised how things snowballed on them

I was shocked by this score when I first saw it. I mean, I expected PITT to win but I didn't see a 41 point beat down coming.
Statement game.

Now give Centennial a game next week, please ;)

St. Mary's literally shot itself in the foot from the get go, fumbling on the very first play from scrimmage. Trying to go deep early instead of throwing swing passes was strange to witness, which forced another turnover with the INT. Then, going for it on 4th down in Ram territory just boggled me. It almost appeared as the Rams were desperate in trying to make something happen. Instead, it all backfired. Add on another fumble and later a pick 6 and the rest is history. The Pirates totally capitalized on the outstanding field position the Rams offered them on a silver platter. Indeed, this is not good for Rams fans. We expected much better. Give Pittsburg credit. They played much, much better than last week. But, I know the Rams are better than this, but I also know this is a young team that needs to grow. Losing by 41 to a good football team certainly is a lesson I am not sure they expected. Next week vs Central Catholic who was able to put up some points against DLS, appears to be another lesson in the waiting. This young Rams team possibly could start off 0-5. When is the last time that has happened? Not in my lifetime watching them play. At best it reminds me of the year when Coach Franks thought coming off of a 2004 section championship that he should line up the next year's "young" team (with all of the key players graduated ... gone!) against stellar teams in Chowchilla and Del Oro. SMH. Nevertheless, confident the Rams will bounce back, only it will take a while ... like the start of league. LOL.

Reactions: Deltadodger
You know what's GLORIOUS!? Discovering the troll ignore button! I have the same handful of trolls on ignore. So satisfying to see people replying constantly but can't see want they say. I encourage all of you to do the same.

The day is great! I love winning!

And I hope St Mary's improves. I hope nobody got hurt last night. Looked bad.

Folsom over CC by a touchdown.

Cheers to a great year!

Last edited:
CVC maybe good but whether they're really better than Pitt shd be decided in Open playoff rematch. Why CVC scheduled a nonpowerhouse team after Pitt? I think it was designed to boost their morale; they themselves didn't expect to win. They banked on the big plays to do it.

I didn’t say CVC was better than Pitt. If anything, I was just saying that Pitt’s loss last week wasn’t to a weak team like Stellar Prep and that an overtime loss to CVC shouldn’t be looked at as a complete collapse by Pitt. I would take the Pirates in a rematch, and they showed they are for real with their solid effort last night against a perennially strong SJS team.

Reactions: kriart and Paloma
Oh really? So a player living in Pittsburg, CA and not living in Folsom, can play at Folsom High School? And also declare as an athletically motivated transfer? I think you SoCal boys are a bit slow. You don't even know your own rules.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highs...cil-votes-to-change-1491412480-htmlstory.html

Lol
In voting 100-38, the CIF Federated Council last Friday approved a revision of the wording of its state transfer rule.

Key word is STATE.Same rules for everyone

Reactions: What in the
Oh really? So a player living in Pittsburg, CA and not living in Folsom, can play at Folsom High School? And also declare as an athletically motivated transfer? I think you SoCal boys are a bit slow. You don't even know your own rules

You keep posting and quoting a article you either didn't read or don't understand. Athletically motivated transfers are legal across the state! It's not just a Socal rule buddy, it's a CIF rule. Your whittle excuse isn't valid anymore need to find a new one, or wait for it "work harder" better coaching etc.....

Reactions: JustletmeB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT