ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford Hosts Dublin Gaels Tonight

Genethia

Rookie
Oct 27, 2015
Stanford is hosting Dublin High at the game tonight versus Montana. Dublin will have a chance to watch former player Timmy Falls compete against the Cardinal.

Not sure how Stanford and Cal missed on Falls. He would have been a great addition to either team, both of which continue to recruit outside talent while NorCal produces solid home-grown players.

I don't think Timmy Falls is Pac-12 good, but will have a very solid career at Montana. Getting 11 minutes per night as a freshman.

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
He showed a different gear the time he was on the court and is clearly good enough to play on the current Stanford roster.

Big sky to pac 12? That’s a big difference in levels. I think Sayeed Pridget is a player who could’ve played at the pac12 level. Timmy will have a good career in the big sky. Good conference for him

It may have been a big difference years ago it is not a big difference at all now Stanford has
ALREADY lost twice to 2 big sky schools and watching some of the Stanford guards
who don' even look to the basket to shoot yes falls could have played in the pac 12
but it's a mute point wish him all the best at Montana and continued success.

Reactions: nostancenochance
It may have been a big difference years ago it is not a big difference at all now Stanford has
ALREADY lost twice to 2 big sky schools and watching some of the Stanford guards
who don' even look to the basket to shoot yes falls could have played in the pac 12
but it's a mute point wish him all the best at Montana and continued success.

It is a moot point for Falls, but not for local players and basketball fans. It would be nice to see Cal and Stanford compete at a higher level and more fun to watch games if they had a local player or two on the roster. It all starts with recruiting, and those coaching staffs are MIA in NorCal.

You think Cal & Stanford look bad now, let them recruit local players like Falls and then you will really see how bad they are. Falls is solid and at the right level... Bird and Rabb were Top 20 National kids.. Pac 12 is the real deal

My thing is how does Stanford not get Mason Forbes. how does Cal not make James Akinjo the #1 priority. How does Cal not go after Naseem Gaskin. Just doesn’t make sense. I don’t see that staff lasting that long at Cal.

You think Cal & Stanford look bad now, let them recruit local players like Falls and then you will really see how bad they are. Falls is solid and at the right level... Bird and Rabb were Top 20 National kids.. Pac 12 is the real deal

We are talking about the current and projected Cal and Stanford rosters. They have zero Top 20 National kids.

I disagree about your negative view of local talent and their ability to contribute to a local Pac 12 team. It doesn't appear that Gaskin, Hardy or Akinjo were recruited by Stanford or Cal, and Paris Austin had to leave the state in order to get a look. Having seen Cal and Stanford play recently, I don't see why Nate Robinson or Zach Chappell couldn't contribute to the Pac-12, and it makes no sense for those schools to keep ignoring NorCal.

My thing is how does Stanford not get Mason Forbes. how does Cal not make James Akinjo the #1 priority. How does Cal not go after Naseem Gaskin. Just doesn’t make sense. I don’t see that staff lasting that long at Cal.

Amen. They would have a better chance of scoring local kids than trapsing all around the world bringing back 2 star talent. SMH

We are talking about the current and projected Cal and Stanford rosters. They have zero Top 20 National kids.

I disagree about your negative view of local talent and their ability to contribute to a local Pac 12 team. It doesn't appear that Gaskin, Hardy or Akinjo were recruited by Stanford or Cal, and Paris Austin had to leave the state in order to get a look. Having seen Cal and Stanford play recently, I don't see why Nate Robinson or Zach Chappell couldn't contribute to the Pac-12, and it makes no sense for those schools to keep ignoring NorCal.
Lets not forget Cuonzo just left... Call was on the rise! He had Brown who was a lottery pick.. Brought in Ivan Rabb, Charlie Parker and had more ranked kids coming.. The Baker kid fro SoCal who was committed to Cal, bolted to Kentucky when Cuonzo departed... So lets rewind before we start the bashing.. Who know what the new Cal staff does but obviously its different. But I do agree, Akinjo should have been a priority.. As for Stanford, I believe the admission process keeps a lot of talent out.

Didn't Cal offer Akinjo?

@SmoothJay Offering a kid and making him a number 1 priority are two different things. Schools
Offer kids left and right. But to make someone feel like they are their number 1 priority is different. James Akinjo is better then some of the starting pac 12 guards right now in my opinion. I believe he would start for Cal as a freshman and either move Paris Austin to the SG or bring him off the bench

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT