ADVERTISEMENT

Streak One bias

Dooer

Hall of Famer
Sep 8, 2001
I beleive you are associated with this message board, if not, I appologise. From the CCS, what's with only posting WCAL scores. Certainly there are other teams deserving of mention. In the past, the top teams from the SCVAL have competed well with the WCAL, as has San Benito and others.

Yeah, I'm biased. That's why San Benito is No. 3 in NorCal. Clearly, you don't have an agenda with your post.

I post scores from the most interesting games in NorCal when time allows. I'll be posting more score updates once basketball is over.

The way I see it is that the board is not what it was when we were all posting scores and updates and opinions like we did in our "heyday." Streak is trying to prime the pump by posting scores and trying to build interest again. Problem is, we are not taking the bait and instigating conversations. Not Streak's fault. It is our fault for not posting like the old days..

Would love to see more posts and insights. Remember how fun it was? And by the way, where is Ziggy? Who was Ziggy?

Ah...the old days!!!

True. But there is a fine line between posting scores and recaps. The baseball board for the most part has been the most civilized of the "big three".

I will attempt to stay above water for the City teams, although it has been tough for many years (um, like the 70s!). Quality win for the Crusaders over Mitty (at Mitty) the other day. Ramsey has done a credible job. SI's run of good fortune (and Class of 13) has been nuetralized in past year. SHC has just been plain inept offensively for many years, but boasts their best freshmen squad in a generation. Both SI and SHC may have a collective one league win going into Saturday's game at ATT Park. Despite that, to alums it will be the biggest game of year as it will be for the coveted Bruce-Mahoney Trophy. Ironically, this will probably be the largest crowd to watch a high school game in the Bay Area this year (and both teams have a collective 1 league victory). It will be funny to see as many as 7,000 fans for SH/SI game and the crowd reduced to 500 for the USF/St. Mary's game to follow.

A hate to throw in the word "tank" into the equation, but I suspect both SI (v. Mitty) and SHC (v. Serra) will not be throwing their "aces" in the Friday games; saving for Saturday's BIG game.
This post was edited on 3/25 11:16 AM by CityVibesII

The Benedetti Classic at ATT in '13 had about 1,000 in the stands for HS. But you're right, half of them split soon after.

Was that the weekday game or the rain day? I know mincing words. 75 degree day this Saturday? I see a good day at MoMos's..

Tired of This......
WOW... Ziggy. That's a name from the past. EXCELLENT poster. Never did know who that was or what happened to him.

JL
nerd.r191677.gif
hee-yaw!!

I spoke to Ziggy once- but I didn't know it. He mentioned that he spoke to me at a game at Muni but I probably spoke to 100 people. Kills me to this day!
wink.r191677.gif

I remember a post playoff seeding meeting coaches meeting where about a dozen coaches theorized and tried to figure out who the illustrious Ziggy was. We then all outed our handles on this site.

Those were good times on this board but more importantly a good group of coaches of whom quite a few have decided to hang it up.

OK, I'm still here. JK. Ziggy was a great poster, and very knowlegeble. Probably a scout of some sort.

Regarding Streak's assertion that I have a agenda, no not really. But I'm still not sure if he has posted a score of a CCS game that did not involve a WCAL team.

For what it's worth I'm a follower of Los Gatos, though I have not attended any of their games for at least a couple of years. Miss that, but I'm pretty much out of the loop, except for one player on the team that is having a heck of a year. I coached on a LL team when Aiden Finch was 10 years old and my son was 12. He wasn't a star yet, but you could see the possibilities.

According to Max Preps, LG is 14-1 on the year with a big game vs. Valley Christian today. Too bad that LG had to use their aces this week and VC did not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT