ADVERTISEMENT

Talent (speed) in De La Salle vs Saint Mary’s game

kendawg21

Silver Member
Aug 13, 2024
Besides a TON of offers, There will be A LOT of speed on display Friday night. Both 4x1 relay teams made the state final and have multiple members playing.

De La Salle-40.83

Jaden Jefferson-10.40(pr)

Toa Faavae-10.58

Jayden Nicholas-10.85
alternates Emery Speight 10.81 & Duece Jones-Drew 10.87

Saint Mary’s-40.85 & 3rd place finisher in state

Kenneth Moore III-10-75

Osani Gayles-10.76

Should be entertaining to see some of the potential matchups as most of these players play wr & db and will be score line of scrimmage from each other most of the game.

we often get hung up on speed but line play is what really counts, de la salle’s backup linemen would all start for saint mary’s this year it is an unbelievably lopp sided miss match. on both sides of the balls. for that reason i predict de la salle runs the clock on them

we often get hung up on speed but line play is what really counts, de la salle’s backup linemen would all start for saint mary’s this year it is an unbelievably lopp sided miss match. on both sides of the balls. for that reason i predict de la salle runs the clock on them
De La Salle line is really good. Saint Marys beat them two years ago and last year the score was 24-10. SM actually plays DLS well in relationship to other NorCal teams. SM’s o & d line will surprise you. Game won’t be as bad as you think.

de la salle has made teams look awfully slow this year ... not sure how many d1 players de la salle has but they are in GREAT shape

De La Salle line is really good. Saint Marys beat them two years ago and last year the score was 24-10. SM actually plays DLS well in relationship to other NorCal teams. SM’s o & d line will surprise you. Game won’t be as bad as you think.
this de la salle team is not the team of two years ago it’s literally the same kids but now there seniors, not knocking or disrespect saint marys whatsoever they are a fantastic program with great coaches that do right by the kids. but this is just not the year, this is the best team de la salle has had in about 10 years and saint marys is just a hair down from they’re normal level one thing is for certain saint marys will show up prepared with a game plan and they will compete there tails off but de la salle just has too many horses this year

Reactions: kendawg21
It's early, but calpreps sure doesn't think this is going to be a game at all:

Fri 09/20 De La Salle (Concord, CA) at St. Mary's (Stockton, CA), TBA
projection and percent chances to win: De La Salle (Concord, CA) 42 (>99%) St. Mary's (Stockton, CA) 0 (<1%)

this de la salle team is not the team of two years ago it’s literally the same kids but now there seniors, not knocking or disrespect saint marys whatsoever they are a fantastic program with great coaches that do right by the kids. but this is just not the year, this is the best team de la salle has had in about 10 years and saint marys is just a hair down from they’re normal level one thing is for certain saint marys will show up prepared with a game plan and they will compete there tails off but de la salle just has too many horses this year
That’s fair. And for the most part, I agree with you. This de La Salle team is a fast, disciplined, aggressive, well coached battle tested group and this version of the Rams is talented but very young(8 starters on offense are underclassmen). I do think the computer predicted score is crazy though. lol Last years game was 24-10. SM has played DLS well over the years. Just think it may be closer than what people think.

That’s fair. And for the most part, I agree with you. This de La Salle team is a fast, disciplined, aggressive, well coached battle tested group and this version of the Rams is talented but very young(8 starters on offense are underclassmen). I do think the computer predicted score is crazy though. lol Last years game was 24-10. SM has played DLS well over the years. Just think it may be closer than what people think.
Comparing SM to last year‘s team is night and day. SM team of last year would lose to this DLS team by 21 but I could see this game being a little closer than people expected. DLS will just eat the clock and dominate the line of scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT