ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks from the West Coast Jamboree

ClayK

Hall of Famer
Jun 25, 2001
My main goal: Have two teams and two refs at each game, and as far as I know, that happened. (Though Chowchilla had to leave at 5:30 a.m. Monday ...)

Secondary: Have competitive brackets, and for the most part that worked out. With 136 teams, there were some surprises about the level of play, and thus a few routs, but as I look over the brackets, most teams had two good games (decided by 10 points or fewer).

Third: Make it a fun experience for the girls, coaches and fans, and again, it appears we did OK in this regard.

Thanks to all who made it happen, and of course we welcome any feedback about how we could make the Jamboree better next year.

You can't control everything situation and the few routes were unexpected. Overall it was a great tournament and we appreciate it. Looking forward to WCJ 2020!

The size and scope of this annual event are always impressive. This season's was more of the same. Nice work. Again.

We will go Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, which will probably hurt our gate but should be the most convenient for the most teams.

I agree great tourney, but one thing to consider next year is getting more games centered. Benicia, to Antioch, Brentwood, Concord and WC was just too much driving. I wanted to watch the Heritage bracket but also Las lomas and CP. Also, for a platinum division game, wouldn't a gym like Pittsburg, Dublin, or Las Po be better suited to hold top level teams? They're amazing facilities.

Again, great job on the tourney and glad it wasn't too much of a mess!

How is Dave Jackson doing and is he still involved with the tourney?

We would love to have sites more centralized, but we are dependent on schools that want to host. It's a lot of work, like any fund-raiser, and there are issues with janitorial fees and gym availability.

Ygnacio Valley, for example, has been a consistent host over the years, but key volunteers were on vacation this year so they opted out. We've tried to work with the Acalanes school district, but janitorial fees are an issue.

Dave Jackson is on the board, and works very hard reaching out to and getting schools to come. He's still an integral part of the tournament -- thanks for asking.

Reactions: GBBall4L
We would love to have sites more centralized, but we are dependent on schools that want to host. It's a lot of work, like any fund-raiser, and there are issues with janitorial fees and gym availability.

Ygnacio Valley, for example, has been a consistent host over the years, but key volunteers were on vacation this year so they opted out. We've tried to work with the Acalanes school district, but janitorial fees are an issue.

Dave Jackson is on the board, and works very hard reaching out to and getting schools to come. He's still an integral part of the tournament -- thanks for asking.

Dave is a great guy and would have loved to see him at one of the games. He's friendly, fun to talk to and just a great guy. Glad he's doing ok. PS wasn't bashing, just a suggestion. it was a good tourney!

Reactions: GBBall4L
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT