ADVERTISEMENT

THE BEST GAME OF THE YEAR MIGHT BE THIS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH

ProlificPrepTV

Sports Fanatic
Oct 20, 2014
PPvsGSP2.jpg

Come see the Top 20 ranked high school basketball team in the Country this weekend at Napa Valley College (3 GAMES IN 3 DAYS)

Friday 7:00 pm
Saturday 6:00 pm (kids free) vs Golden State Prep
Sunday 2:00 pm

Saturdays game will be one of the best games you can watch in NorCal all season. There is potentially 15 D1 prospects between the two teams as Prolific Prep battles Golden State Prep. Kids and students are free of charge, at Napa Valley College.

3GamesFlyer2.jpg

I like the talent on the floor and these are high school young men, BUT this is not high school basketball. If you are not restricted in contact time and don't play 32 minute games, and cant play high school teams, and you have a recruited teams playing games. Ranking these teams is ludicrous and disreslectful to high school programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: sachoopcoach
Yup.... The hype machine at it again. I can guarantee you one thing. This will not be the game of the year.

I’ll pick Fab 50 #38 and Max preps #24 Rainer Beach vs Fab50 #41 SHELDON on Jan 3 at SHELDON. as the best pure high school game in Norcal this year

Here we go again! More internet bashing rather then celebrating the success of the student-athletes from the past and the future. I thought people were past bashing the success of these athletes (Come on Larry you get shot down every year with facts). Not that it matters, but there will not be another game in the area with this many D1 Prospects. Golden State Prep (GSP) has a lot of Norcal players, therefore, people should celebrate them working on their craft and performing on a high level. Lets not forget two players on the GSP Squad have ACC Offers!! This posting isn't a bash to the local area teams, it is just facts for those basketball fans that like to see really high level basketball coaching, players, and atmosphere. I can guarantee you the house will be packed, and their will be a lot of great play on the court.

We have had some pretty darn good teams, but this year's squad has the most talent and potential professional prospects then it ever has had. Good luck to every team this year in NorCal. Most those teams are not playing right now, so maybe come on out and catch a game. It is free for Students and kids. You cannot beat that!

The problem is the wording . Didn’t it original post as one of the best high school games in Norcal this year.
When you have 5th year high school players errrrrr college freshman playing it’s not high school.

Which brings up another question ? I don’t see it saying that and it doesn’t show edited . So does streak have a hand in the cookie jar or is prolific affiliated with Norcal preps

The problem is the wording . Didn’t it original post as one of the best high school games in Norcal this year.
When you have 5th year high school players errrrrr college freshman playing it’s not high school.

Which brings up another question ? I don’t see it saying that and it doesn’t show edited . So does streak have a hand in the cookie jar or is prolific affiliated with Norcal preps

Nope. I never edit someone else's post.

And I'm not affiliated with Prolific though I don't have an issue with what they do. It isn't high school basketball to me and we choose not to rank their players in our rankings, but there is an entertainment value to it.

The prospect counting game is dicey because who determines how gets that tag. For example, if you say there are 6 D1 signees in a game, can't really dispute that

Please let me clarify. Around 11-13 Players on the floor have at least 1 Division Offer. Offers usually come in daily right now for both programs. Regardless, there will be a lot of talent on the floor.

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
Maybe HEAT is a little envious because he wasn’t able to get Coleman Hawkins or Jordan Brown these past couple years. There’s still plenty of talent in Sac for you to recruit

PP is closer to a college team or Euro academy than a high school they should never advertise themselves as that. Considering you recruit from the entire globe I would worry more about being an elite academy. You have ZERO restrictions and you aren't even close to the same level as Montverde, Oak Hill, Findlay etc.

PP is closer to a college team or Euro academy than a high school they should never advertise themselves as that. Considering you recruit from the entire globe I would worry more about being an elite academy. You have ZERO restrictions and you aren't even close to the same level as Montverde, Oak Hill, Findlay etc.

Our Post grad manhandled Findlay Prep by 18 pts a few weekends ago, even without Emanual Miller (Virginia Tech Commit), or 6-10" Center Quinn Collins, or Jameel Jones (El Cerrito) playing one minute. If those three played, it would have got really out of hand.

Saturday's game with GSP vs Prolific Prep will be a good one. Both teams are at FULL STRENGTH. Let's see what happens with the outcome.

Because those schools you mentioned are NIKE, it is almost impossible to get those teams to schedule us. We can only look at head to head opponents in the past. A few years ago, Oak Hill lost to a team we beat by 30 pts. They beat a common opponent (Aspire Academy) by 6 points in Kentucky. We played Aspire a week later in Napa and won by 70 Points!! Yes 70 Points. But, time and situation can affect outcomes and not hanging our hat on that. But to say we are not on the same level is ludicrous. Unfortunately, I wish we could have played them when we are at full strength, but it hasn't happened. Nike vs Adidas. But I think that is going to change soon. We have something in the works in 2019-2020.

Unfortunately, we had a Jan 15th game scheduled with Findlay Prep (on their home court), but they magically cancelled the game last week. Reasons why? Game was scheduled before they played our Post Grad Team.

All this doesn't matter, because opinions are just opinions. We an all play Arm Chair Quarterback but doesn't mean any of us are right.

Last edited:
Reactions: mansnothot
Zero players drafted last 4 years for Montverde and Oak Hill, huh?

LOL

Montverde:
D'Angelo Russell #2 pick in 2015
Dakari Johnson #48 pick in 2015
Ben Simmons #1 pick in 2016
RJ Barrett will be a top 3 pick in 2019

Oak Hill:
Dwayne Bacon #40 pick in 2017 draft
Sindarius Thornwell #48 pick in 2017 draft
Keldon Johnson projected lottery pick in 2019 draft

High school post grad or elite global recruiting
Its gonna be some good baskeball with some talented kids.
Get that free college and try to make it pro.
Good luck to all of them

hose teams to schedule us. We can only look at head to head opponents in the past. A few years ago, Oak Hill lost to a team we beat by 30 pts. They beat a common opponent (Aspire Academy) by 6 points in Kentucky. We played Aspire a week later in Napa and won by 70 Points!! Yes 70 Points. But, time and situation can

So you won by 60 99-39 not Yes 70.
I see oak hill has no game listed on their own website or max preps so what are you referring to

So you won by 60 99-39 not Yes 70.
I see oak hill has no game listed on their own website or max preps so what are you referring to

Game had a switch a week before if i recall because Oak Hill tends to always hand pick opponents or they won't show. I was at the game. Aspire was up 8 points end of 1st quarter. It was tied at half, Aspire down 2 to start the 4th. Oak Hill won the fourth and pulled away late.

And sorry, we won by 60 points to that same Aspire team a few weeks later, not 70. A typo or slip of mind. That was without Point guard, Paul Scruggs (Xavier). Regardless, that Prolific Prep was superior over Oak Hill or maybe any team in the Country that year. If it wasn't an injury to starting Point Guard Paul Scruggs, which happened at that same tournament, Prolific Prep may have gone undefeated that year and cut down the nets. Paul Scruggs injured his knee in the 1st half vs NBA Rookie Star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander's Hamilton Heights Squad (TN), which PP eventually ran away with in the second half for a double digit win. I wouldn't say our program is that far off.

Aspire vs Oak Hill game pics below

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...alleryid=b1c147dc-a97a-4015-8d6e-d2a3ee4a2d6d

HEAT you obviously have some MAJOR Jealousy issues. Sorry, they had the lead after the 1st Quarter and I was going off memory of the game. Very busy right now with other stuff and I didn't put too much thought into it.

In a previous year, 22-Feet Academy (Grind Session Team) beat Oak Hill Academy (which I recall won the Dicks National Championship that year). 22-Feet Academy lost to multiple teams that we beat (Sunrise Christian we beat by over 30 points and API (Who we beat by 30 points). API had Trevon Duvall (NBA), Terrance Ferguson (NBA), and Billy Preston (G League). Therefore, head to head shows we are not doing too bad against these NIKE schools in the past.

Regardless, head to head is all we can go by. That season we had maybe the best team in the country and didn't get a chance to play those top NIKE Schools. The year before we had one of the top teams in the country (Josh Jackson) and wasn't able to play those school. Those doors are slowly coming down and next year it may just happen. The small steps as a growing new program. Stay tuned.

Not jealous at all . You are oozing for an ounce of respect and would probably get it if you didnt embellish all your post with false information. We all get it you have a good product/program but you try and sell it as something it’s not. If you can help get kids a scholarship then power to you but your not a high school program so stop trying to sell it as one
Also quit making comparisons with what one academy did vs the other because kids get added and come and go like going to the grocery store for some of these teams.

Game of the year with no highlights or info on outcome.. PPTV give us the scoop.

Attendance to game of the year where kids and students are free?????

Ball is Life Video is suppose to follow soon. Out of our control but assume will drop shortly. The game held up to all expectations. A final score of 87-82 with Prolific Prep barely edging out Golden State Prep. GSP played their hearts out and gave everything they had. Super proud of those guys. I am sure a few of them will pick up scholarships from this film. Darrion Trammel was absolutely phenomenal. Maybe the best player on the floor that night.

A great crowd, atmopshere and the rematch will be in January or February. "Big Brother vs Little Brother Part 2".

Watch "Golden State Prep vs Prolific Prep | Full Game Highlights | Tip-Off Classic | Napa, CA" on YouTube

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT