ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight’s episode of “As The Cougars Turn”...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
The Campo Cougars face a strong College Park team in a few minutes...

The Falcons are 12-2, with their best win likely bein their 73-49 beat down of a strong Oak Ridge team... Yes, the same Oak Ridge that beat DLS a couple weeks ago.

Campo is 10-4 vs a stronger overall slate, and made it to the final of the Modesto Christian tourney, beating the hosts in the process.

Looking at the teams warm up, it looks like the Cougs have a size disadvantage, as they often do.

Tip in 5 minutes...

Reactions: AHSFan2019
Just noticed that David Ahazie is out there in warmups... dunno if he’ll play, but he’s out there with a splint on his hand and at least trying it out..

8-7 Cougars in the early going... 3:11 left in 1st.

Ahazie just entered the game.

CO’s bigs dominant... and CP nailing 3’s big time... 31-22 CP with 3:43 left in the half.

Cougs get a mini-run to close the half... 42-32.

Gonna need a bunch of Mahaney magic in the last half... and it’d be nice if CP would miss every once in a while...

Campo’ main big, freshman Matt Randell, gets his 4th foul. 4:43 left in 3rd. 44-39 CP

Cougs climb back in it... 52-52 CP end of 3.

A CP guy just barely missed a three-quarter court heave at the buzzer. Really barely... in and out!

5:15 left, Cougs in front 58-53. Ahazie just scored off the inbound, I think his first of the game.

Aidan drives, misses... gets the rebound and puts it back. CD races down and nails a corner 3. 65-62, 1:09 left. Cougs all against a press...

CP fouls Carter... nails 2 FT’s. CP almost immediately nails yet another 3... 69-65 Cougs with 24.8 seconds left.

Carter called for offensive foul, but CP can’t take advantage... Cougs miss 2 FT’s, CP scores... Carter fouled, sinks both... 71-67 Cougs. CP races down but can’t score.... COUGS WIN!

71-67 final.

Reactions: espot and mlrei
Def. agree on Aidan. I didn't go stat-hunting, but I figured he scored something around there...

He also made a number of wiser-than-a-freshman passes and defensive plays... One of those defensive gems was swatting a shot from one of CP's bigs right near the rim. He gets into passing lanes and creates havoc... And don't expose the ball when you're anywhere near him if ya wanna hang onto it.

Reactions: stevenallen13
Def. agree on Aidan. I didn't go stat-hunting, but I figured he scored something around there...

He also made a number of wiser-than-a-freshman passes and defensive plays... One of those defensive gems was swatting a shot from one of CP's bigs right near the rim. He gets into passing lanes and creates havoc... And don't expose the ball when you're anywhere near him if ya wanna hang onto it.

I hear you. Also the play that he took to the basket with the two bigs on him, used his body extremely well and got the and 1. Big play in the game.

How about Campo vs. Albany in the NCS D3 semi-finals in February, kiddman32? Their last meeting was in the quarter-finals of NCS D3 in 2016, and an Albany freshman was matched up against Sterling Strother.

To meet the winner of Salesian and St. Joe's?
NCS D3 looks pretty stacked at the top this year, in addition to those 4: Miramonte, St. Pat's, Piner....

How about Campo vs. Albany in the NCS D3 semi-finals in February, kiddman32? Their last meeting was in the quarter-finals of NCS D3 in 2016, and an Albany freshman was matched up against Sterling Strother.

To meet the winner of Salesian and St. Joe's?
NCS D3 looks pretty stacked at the top this year, in addition to those 4: Miramonte, St. Pat's, Piner....
Oops, I guess I intentionally blocked out the spanking we got in the 2018 semi-finals. Rubber match!!

Two games on Albany's results jump out at me... Only lost by 5 to mighty Salesian, but also lost to Encinal??

If the first Albany shows up, they can beat just about anyone... If the one that lost to Encinal shows up... Not so much.

Were players out for Albany in that Encinal game?

Two games on Albany's results jump out at me... Only lost by 5 to mighty Salesian, but also lost to Encinal??

If the first Albany shows up, they can beat just about anyone... If the one that lost to Encinal shows up... Not so much.

Were players out for Albany in that Encinal game?
Encinal is a huge blemish and a game that should have been won, even with the PG out sick.

Don’t sleep on the St. Francis W; they’re highly ranked and won the Riordan tourney (W’s over Berkeley, Oakland Tech, and Riordan).

Tough game tonight and three games next week, including Salesian and Dennis Rodman Jr in Capistrano (JSerra).

Encinal is a huge blemish and a game that should have been won, even with the PG out sick.

Don’t sleep on the St. Francis W; they’re highly ranked and won the Riordan tourney (W’s over Berkeley, Oakland Tech, and Riordan).

Tough game tonight and three games next week, including Salesian and Dennis Rodman Jr in Capistrano (JSerra).
?...A team from LA won the Riordan tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT