ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 NCS teams next season

Beasley is gonna be a special player. Great family and great work ethic. According to the dad the ypunger brother is even better!

On a different subject, Kyree Walker announces his transfer yo Hillcrest Prep.

1. Salesian- Losing player will hurt but still loaded.
2. Dublin- Beasley will replace Falls as league MVP.
3. O'Dowd- They keep reloading despite poor coaching.
4. Las Lomas- Prince is the real deal, Payne helps.
5. Amador Valley- Return everyone important.
6. Freedom- Better guards, better team.
7. Berkeley- Loaded and only getting better.
8. Heritage- Nice team and even better coach.
9. DLS- Pratt will need help.
10. St. Joe's- Can never rule them out, they are winners.
HM- Monte Vista- Needs to stay healthy.
Campo- Another year under there belt, team on the rise.

@togos 3 D1 players at Las Lomas? Do you know what a division one player is? If you do then you know they don't even have one. Nate might be the closest one and he hasn't gotten better in 2 years. All those kids are division 2 players at best. NCS will be down next year. Salesian wins open easily. Division 1 will be pretty much the same as last year De La Salle, Dublin, Herritage, James Logan, Berkeley, Freedom, Castro Valley, Mt Eden, Monte Vista

All three could play D1 ball but most in the know understand that grades and perhaps lack of motivation will likely keep Prince and possibly Payne from playing. But if you know bball....they can play at the low to mid level D1 arena no question. Nate already has at least one offer so the question is..do you know what a D1 player is??

@CamAca first off I played division 1 basketball and professionally overseas. Most of you guys on this board are parents and fans. I get it. Those kids will be lucky to get a free education most likely division 2 or NAIA. But to say alll 3 are d1 is a long shot. im sure USF took that offer back from Nate. Just because a kid can put up 20 in a horrible league doesn't mean he's d1. Look at the division 1 guards that graduated this year and the 2018 class. But like I said I wish the best for those kids. I hope they all get a free education as I did. Amazing experience

@CamAca first off I played division 1 basketball and professionally overseas. Most of you guys on this board are parents and fans. I get it. Those kids will be lucky to get a free education most likely division 2 or NAIA. But to say alll 3 are d1 is a long shot. im sure USF took that offer back from Nate. Just because a kid can put up 20 in a horrible league doesn't mean he's d1. Look at the division 1 guards that graduated this year and the 2018 class. But like I said I wish the best for those kids. I hope they all get a free education as I did. Amazing experience
Where did you play College?

1. Salesian- Losing player will hurt but still loaded.
2. Dublin- Beasley will replace Falls as league MVP.
3. O'Dowd- They keep reloading despite poor coaching.
4. Las Lomas- Prince is the real deal, Payne helps.
5. Amador Valley- Return everyone important.
6. Freedom- Better guards, better team.
7. Berkeley- Loaded and only getting better.
8. Heritage- Nice team and even better coach.
9. DLS- Pratt will need help.
10. St. Joe's- Can never rule them out, they are winners.
HM- Monte Vista- Needs to stay healthy.
Campo- Another year under there belt, team on the rise.
That was a weak cheap shot at O'Dowd Coaching staff. Those guys are quality coaches from top to bottom. Who has done more in NorCal than Lou Ritchie. He won a Open Championship just a few years ago and that staff coached their butts off!

Reactions: nostancenochance
All three are athletic enough and skilled enough to play D1 ball. I know Prince in particular has had a handful of D1 colleges very hot on him after seeing him play just once. But again grades are going to send him straight to DVC if he even wants to play on. But don't let your lofty pedigree blind you to the facts which is all 3 have the skills, talent and athleticism to play at that level.

That was a weak cheap shot at O'Dowd Coaching staff. Those guys are quality coaches from top to bottom. Who has done more in NorCal than Lou Ritchie. He won a Open Championship just a few years ago and that staff coached their butts off!

Staff is quality, no doubt but in my opinion, I think they under achieve and especially in big games (Del Oro). With there talent level they have and transfers they receive, there is no way they shouldn't be as successful and Mater Dei.

Who has done more, Don Lippi, Frank Allocco, Nick Jones (both schools), Chuck Rapp, Tim Kennedy, Bill Mellis, just to name a few.

Reactions: remc
Regardless of whether all three players on Las Lomas go D1 is irrelevant. My point of fact is that most high schools do not have a triumvirate like LL.
Prince , Payne, and Robinson will make some noise. They are getting looks for D1 !! Might not go D1 but being considered is enough for me to put LL at top of the NCS list.

I would be remiss if I didn't include Jason Holmam as an integral part of the LL team. No he isn't D1 at 5'8 ,but he will hit an open three which makes it nearly impossible to provide help on the other studs.

Staff is quality, no doubt but in my opinion, I think they under achieve and especially in big games (Del Oro). With there talent level they have and transfers they receive, there is no way they shouldn't be as successful and Mater Dei.

Who has done more, Don Lippi, Frank Allocco, Nick Jones (both schools), Chuck Rapp, Tim Kennedy, Bill Mellis, just to name a few.

I agree those coaches you named have done more with less talent.

In my opinion the team with Paris austin,Ivan rabb had talent and some
players with good basketball IQ. Sometimes that word talent doesn't
always equate to being a good player who knows how to play the
game and I don't think that should always fall on the coach even though
he is the director of the ship. Again this is just my opinion this current team
has a few members who either think or have been told that they are better
then they are and the expectations of trying to get these players to execute
what HIS system is and not a free for all AAU system is a very difficult
challenge. There coaching staff appears to me to be very solid sometimes
the cards you are dealt makes your hand.

How about we leave Nathan Robinson out of your conversation, because you don't know him. I also played D1 and overseas so I REALLY get it! Don't know which D1 you played but I come from the Big 10, Indiana to be exact. Coached by Bob Knight, and you? Playing high school basketball is suppose to be fun, if a kid can play in college at any level so be it.

Does it make a kid lesser than because they play on the D2, D3, or NAIA level. I don't think so, but you clearly have an obsession with the D1 level. How many kids that play D1 go pro or win a national championship? Not many... I have played against and with D2, 3 and NAIA players overseas while a number of your D1 players never get a sniff of international competition. In fact, the end game for a lot of these kids is the hope of earning a living playing basketball and for many (such and yourself) the only opportunity will be on the International level.

The level my son Nathan can play on is not my decision or yours to speak on. I have played my basketball and apparently so have you. Therefore stand down or step up (if you have anything else to say about Nathan) by calling me on 415-439-0748

"Some men are born with peanuts while others are born with Coconuts"

@drmarkppd I played in the PAC 10 known now as the PAC 12 sir. Not even from the Bay Area but have ties to the bay. Wasn't putting Nathan down. I think he's a good talent, with nice size for a guard. It's all constructive criticism my dude. Relax. I did say he's the closest out of the 3 to being a division 1 player. I'm entitled to my own opinion. That's what this board is for right? Not that serious to be putting your number out there like that. I wish the best for Nathan he's a great kid. Just a little food for thought, maybe you shouldn't take it personal what people have to say about your son. If you played in the Big 10 then you know there's a lot worst critics out there than myself. But best of luck to your son have a blessed day.

Reactions: NorCalScout
@drmarkppd like you said doesn't matter where you play at. Nothing wrong with playing division 2,3 NAIA. It's a FREE education. But I've noticed with today's ERA there's a lot of people in these kids ears telling them they are a high major division 1 kid, telling them they can play in the NBA. Growing up my father and people in my circle kept it real with me. It kept me humble, hungry and on the grind at all times. If you felt any disrespect I apologize.

Can everybody relax. MoneyTeam was not talking bad about any kid, only given an opinion. Thats what this forum is about. For a parent to come on the board and offer a phone number is ridiculous and childish. If you don't like what someone is saying on the board, click to another topic. Its that simple!

@drmarkppd like you said doesn't matter where you play at. Nothing wrong with playing division 2,3 NAIA. It's a FREE education. But I've noticed with today's ERA there's a lot of people in these kids ears telling them they are a high major division 1 kid, telling them they can play in the NBA. Growing up my father and people in my circle kept it real with me. It kept me humble, hungry and on the grind at all times. If you felt any disrespect I apologize.
No worries, I am sincer, if you ever would like to have a basketball convo just hit me. I think the world we live in has lost the art of verbal communication.

Can everybody relax. MoneyTeam was not talking bad about any kid, only given an opinion. Thats what this forum is about. For a parent to come on the board and offer a phone number is ridiculous and childish. If you don't like what someone is saying on the board, click to another topic. Its that simple!
I don't see anything childish about having a verbal conversation with another adult about basketball. What's wrong with a person or parent giving their opinion on a subject and better yet speaking to the person direct. I guess we just come from different sides of the tracks.

I don't see anything childish about having a verbal conversation with another adult about basketball. What's wrong with a person or parent giving their opinion on a subject and better yet speaking to the person direct. I guess we just come from different sides of the tracks.
I came up on the side of the tracks I never want to go back to. My mother worked 16hr days so me, my brother and 2 sisters could go to school and get off that side. So we can stop that in its "Tracks". It sounds like your a good father which your son is incredibly blessed to have. We can't allow the baseless comments of others to get us riled up. That was my point!

Folks use D1 player a lot on this board but lately the numbers don't pan out and the Stars on the next level are rare. Even more rare in the NBA. As for guard size most guards playing in the PAC-12 are 6'4" unless they are a rare can't miss Super-Star. Personally "not many" Bay Area-Nor-Cal underclassmen dominated the State of California for the 2016-17 season.

Word of advice Drmarkppd, grow to have thick skin, especially when your son's team is being mentioned as well as your son. Everyone tries for the most part to give there honest opinion on here and you can't let that get to you. Your son's play as well as LL play on the court will dictate what kind of reception and press they get on the message board. It's all is good fun and you will here some amazing opinions on here and with people that know, watch and have been a part of high school basketball much longer then yourself. I myself see more games then my wife would probably like but it's the game I luv and I value most of the opinions on here. Right or wrong, it's someone opinion and sometimes it can be cold and harsh and most they time filled with compliments. You have an exciting summer and season a head of you and your son and you are both in good hands with Coach Dietschy. Go Knights!

Reactions: observer22

I thought you would appreciate this since you played overseas and unlike most see the big picture in global basketball. Most kids will end up trying to play internationally and very few will make that jump because the game is very different, as you know. http://www.gbbasketball.com/players/mens_u18.php?player=132351&includeref=dynamic

@drmarkppd that's a great experience for your son. Yes I agree, lots of kids will never have that opportunity. Out of the top 40 kids ranked here on NorCal preps one will play in the NBA (Jordan Brown) and I'd say any where from 10-12 will have a chance to make some good money overseas. Some will drop off in college and some will excel and make that jump. Don't know if you were sharing this with me to brag about your son having the chance to play some global ball or what?? But he's very lucky and blessed to have had that opportunity. Hopefully he learned a lot from that experience and can carry that throughout his final year of hs. Also whatever level of collegiate ball he may play. Kudos to you and your family.

No bragging, unless its about me when I played, lol. I honestly wanted to share that with you because you mentioned you played international ball and I knew you could appreciate the long process of becoming a player. All the best!

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
I finally saw Beasley over a period of games, and he is clearly one of the top guards in norcal regardless of class.

Reactions: drmarkppd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT